• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sage Monarch Minor Addition (CM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muchacho_mrm

VS Battles
Image Helper
Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1). Cultivators can manipulate all dualistic binaries.:

Yin & Yang, the duality present in all aspects of the universe. For instance: Yin is Female / Death/Dark / Cold / soft/the Moon, while Yang is / Hard/Life/Masculine , Light and the Sun. The comparisons are endless. Legendaries are stated to be able to bend Yin-Yang to their will.

With the prior knowledge of IRL Yin & Yang and the sufficient above dualistic relationship, makes this a pretty straightforward CRT.

Also, they have it in their domain and by extension of already resisting it, they would also have resistance to CM (type 1).

Hopefully this eases some concerns regarding Type 1:

Elizhaa said:
What do you mean by this point?

Some dual concepts/stufs can still be Type 2 concepts.
It isn't manipulating the concept of death and it's opposite, the concept of life. It is manipulating the system of complimentary/opposites as whole which any level of reality has by default unless it has special properties. I assume it's type 1 based on that and the fact that a type 1 concept would have a logical opposite existing in the verse or by rationale.

Elizhaa said:
Is there is more solid evidence that yin and yang are independent of reality, like predating it or being able to exist without it?
It's a cultivation novel, the Dao predates it and gave birth to it. The Dao existed pre-creation during primordial chaos and we see through an attack of creation the order of things.

The four constellations that come after it is well, the four directions or in a literal sense, the beasts that represent and guard the four directions. After that comes the Eight Trigrams (you can google this one LMAO) and so on. Basically things that manifest as a result of Yin-Yang, so I guess your existence being the result of the manifestations of reality and representing it's complimentary/contradictory manifestations thereof is probably what you're asking for.

Last edited:
LoKOP7e.png

It's duality. Which fits in with type 1.

Is there is more solid evidence that yin and yang are independent of reality, like predating it or being able to exist without it?

Last edited:

It isn't manipulating the concept of death and it's opposite, the concept of life. It is manipulating the system of complimentary/opposites as whole which any level of reality has by default unless it has special properties. I assume it's type 1 based on that and the fact that a type 1 concept would have a logical opposite existing in the verse or by rationale.

It's a cultivation novel, the Dao predates it and gave birth to it. The Dao existed pre-creation during primordial chaos and we see through an attack of creation the order of things.

The four constellations that come after it is well, the four directions or in a literal sense, the beasts that represent and guard the four directions. After that comes the Eight Trigrams (you can google this one LMAO) and so on. Basically things that manifest as a result of Yin-Yang, so I guess your existence being the result of the manifestations of reality and representing it's complimentary/contradictory manifestations thereof is probably what you're asking for.

I wonder if there is something like TD (type 3) energy LMAO.

A Taiji is basically when two polar opposites fuse into one. It can be one dual relationship like darkness and light Yang Qi fused into one. But what if it's all dualities (yin & yang). One of the cultivation level enlightenment requirements involves fusing Yin-Yang with his own power, then fusing it all into a Taiji. He accomplished it a few chapters later.

I say this because one of the alternative requirements for TD (Type 3) is:
  • "or are portrayed as existing within a state of single, indivisible wholeness bereft of any separation."

Something having dualistic properties, does not mean it’s CM 1 automatically
Also, you are yet to prove it’s independent of the reality they are in or the universe.
Or you can show prove that manipulating Yin-yang means alteration of every property in their area of influence for example destruction of yin should mean destruction of anything with yin properties female, dark, cold e.t.c.

Also the description fits type 2 well

Something having dualistic properties, does not mean it’s CM 1 automatically
It seems you only read OP. I elaborated in my reply to Elizhaa, unless you were just throwing this out there as a general thing...
Also, you are yet to prove it’s independent of the reality they are in or the universe.
Existing pre-universe and your existence being the result of the universe is also another way to prove this. Something I mentioned in my reply to Elizhaa. There is also this casual mention of it being the origin of the universe.
Or you can show prove that manipulating Yin-yang means alteration of every property in their area of influence for example destruction of yin should mean destruction of anything with yin properties female, dark, cold e.t.c.
This one is confusing. You are asking if changing/destroying Yin would affect all Yin properties even though Yin is a word for the entire categorization of all things Yin... It is only when you specify what type of Yin that you get into the sub-categories, while unspecified Yin, the word, by itself is just the entire system. It is similar to asking if manipulating the concept of a table would affect what is defined as a table (work table, coffee table, credence table, tennis table).

It seems you only read OP. I elaborated in my reply to Elizhaa, unless you were just throwing this out there as a general thing...
Well read just the OP, you should add the scan below to the OP too
Existing pre-universe and your existence being the result of the universe is also another way to prove this. Something I mentioned in my reply to Elizhaa. There is also this casual mention of it being the origin of the universe.
Well this sounds flowery “the ultimate expression of the power of the origin of the universe”
But if the statement is actually true or if you can get other statements that says yin and yang or it’s mixture is the origin of the universe, then CM-1 is fine.
Based on Chinese myth, I’m guessing this is a Chinese novel, yin and yang is the origin of everything, but still a little solid statement in verse would be nice
This one is confusing. You are asking if changing/destroying Yin would affect all Yin properties even though Yin is a word for the entire categorization of all things Yin... It is only when you specify what type of Yin that you get into the sub-categories, while unspecified Yin, the word, by itself is just the entire system. It is similar to asking if manipulating the concept of a table would affect what is defined as a table (work table, coffee table, credence table, tennis table).
That’s what I mean
To be precise absorbing yin in an area should absorb/destroy everything with yin property within that range, as that’s what it means to be a type 1 concept.
Everything including the sub-categories gets affected.
Using the example on the page “circle”
“Circle” is a sub-category of “shapes”, if you have CM-1, and you decide to destroy the concept of shapes, everything becomes shapeless.
So destroying or absorbing Yin or Yang in an area must be shown to afffect everything in that area that is participating in Yin/Yang

Well read just the OP, you should add the scan below to the OP too
Done.
Well this sounds flowery “the ultimate expression of the power of the origin of the universe”
But if the statement is actually true or if you can get other statements that says yin and yang or it’s mixture is the origin of the universe, then CM-1 is fine.
Based on Chinese myth, I’m guessing this is a Chinese novel, yin and yang is the origin of everything, but still a little solid statement in verse would be nice
Hmm, If that statement is flowery language to you, the entire novel is flowery language then. He created a dual relationship between both types of his sword and then a comparison was made to Yin-Yang, “the ultimate expression of the power of the origin of the universe”.

Yeah, as a cultivation novel, many of the concepts aren't explained since it already assumes you have basic Daoism, Buddism or Confucianism knowledge. For example, "The dao begets one. One begets two. Two begets three. Three begets all things". Something the translator elaborated on in the chapter notes. As a reader if you do some research, they are words in-reference to what the father of Daoism (Lao Tzu) said. It's in Tao Te Ching (Chapter 42) if you wanna go see.

That’s what I mean
To be precise absorbing yin in an area should absorb/destroy everything with yin property within that range, as that’s what it means to be a type 1 concept.
Everything including the sub-categories gets affected.
Using the example on the page “circle”
“Circle” is a sub-category of “shapes”, if you have CM-1, and you decide to destroy the concept of shapes, everything becomes shapeless.
So destroying or absorbing Yin or Yang in an area must be shown to afffect everything in that area that is participating in Yin/Yang
Not really the best comparison there. Yes, shapes encapsulates all things that are shapes, however, If someone was manipulating shapes in any given area, you wouldn't automatically assume it be all shapes unless it is stated/implied so. Why? Because shapes is also a plural form one or more shapes.

While Yin or Yang are words that encapsulate all things under their attribute in the default definition. If you're manipulating Yin in any given area, you are manipulating all Yin unless there is more specification. If something or someone could switch Yin & Yang definitions in a given area, it would be an error not to assume it isn't all Yin/Yang. Since the very word/s is defined by all things under that attribute/s, not a minimum of one or more things under that attribute/s.

The same goes for the Eight Trigrams, if someone imbued it into their attack, it isn't one specific point of it but rather as a whole, since the entire rotation of elements make up that word.

Last edited:
Okay. That is probably fine then, but what did Elizhaa think?

The concepts predate their reality from the evidence; hence, this predation is a factor that shows they are independent of reality by our wiki standards, so I am still fine with concept type 1.

Since you both agree on type 1, before I apply it I need to know if it's a possibly or a solid type 1.

Last edited:
Thank you for helping out. I have unlocked the page in question.

Tell us here when you are done please.

Okay. I will do so. Thank you to everybody who helped out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back