• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sabo vs Yamato(Fire vs Ice)

Vote for Yamato, for me seems like Yamato has a huge advantage because of ACoC, we saw how Luffy's attacks even with ACoA barely hurt Kaidou on the other hand ACoC its way more effective, Yamato is a mythical Zoan which offers huge resistance like Kaidou.
It terms of skill im not sure who wins here Sabo has a lot of trainning but trainning with Kaidou is a huge feat on itself.
We havent seen much of Sabo really, he barely had any actual good fight.
The element disadvantage doesnt make that much difference since we know Haki is way more important and also the fact that Aokiji and Akainu fought for a long time meaning the elemental advantage does not offer a easy win, and as it was said before Kaidou's fire has more feats than the mera mera no mi.

Vote for Yamato, for me seems like Yamato has a huge advantage because of ACoC, we saw how Luffy's attacks even with ACoA barely hurt Kaidou on the other hand ACoC its way more effective, Yamato is a mythical Zoan which offers huge resistance like Kaidou.
It terms of skill im not sure who wins here Sabo has a lot of trainning but trainning with Kaidou is a huge feat on itself.
We havent seen much of Sabo really, he barely had any actual good fight.
The element disadvantage doesnt make that much difference since we know Haki is way more important and also the fact that Aokiji and Akainu fought for a long time meaning the elemental advantage does not offer a easy win, and as it was said before Kaidou's fire has more feats than the mera mera no mi.
5-3

Yamato plays too much which isn't a good idea against someone like Sabo who gets deadly serious In character.

Also his Ryu technique doesn't need to inherently use durability negation. The entire point is targeting the weak spots, remember what he did to the coliseum? Now imagine that but instead happening to someones body.

I'll make better arguments later since Sabo is most certainly being slept on here.

Shit I'd argue he'd beat Yamato in on intelligence and skill alone. Same guy who snuck up on the Gorosei and Imu without being noticed till last moment and still managed to escape.

She doesn't go for the kill from the start, which Sabo does. Yamato doesn't get as serious as Sabo would from the start of the fight, and mind set is a very big part of this fight.

Also another thing to consider is how Yamato would react to the Mera Mera no Mi in the first place. Remember Ace used that same exact fruit, same person whom Yamato was close to so there's also the possibility of an opening being created for Sabo from that reason.

Also his Ryu technique doesn't need to inherently use durability negation
It doesn't have dure neg at all tbw.
She doesn't go for the kill from the start, which Sabo does. Yamato doesn't get as serious as Sabo would from the start of the fight, and mind set is a very big part of this fight.
Neither does he always. He didn't do it against Diamante or Burgess on the colosseum. After the colosseum he fought Burgess from chapters 786-792 off-screen & was going to let go. Only in the end when Burgess started to mock Ace did Sabo go for the kill. Keep in Burgess, the same guy who was trying to kill Luffy & steal the flame fruit. Also was Yamato playing against Ace when they fought?
Same guy who snuck up on the Gorosei and Imu without being noticed till last moment
Do we even know if those guys keep their observation haki passively active?

Last edited:
It doesn't have dure neg at all tbw.
Literally doesn't change my argument like at all. If he puts force into the weak spot of an opponent it'll have the same effects as durability negation. Unless Yamato has resistance to gusts of wind / energy being sent into her weak spot.
Neither does he always. He didn't do it against Diamante or Burgess on the colosseum. After the colosseum he fought Burgess from 786-792 chapter off-screen & was going to let go away right until the end when he started to mock Ace. Keep in Burgess, the same guy who was trying to kill Luffy.
Or maybe Burgess was simply more durable than Sabo's output? Point being that Sabo has many more showings of getting serious more than Yamato does.

Sabo tried killing and smashing the skull of a Marine he's never meet before with his bare hands.
Do we even know if those guys keep their observation haki passively active?
Kenbunshoku is passive outside of the precognition.

Literally doesn't change my argument like at all. If he puts force into the weak spot of an opponent it'll have the same effects as durability negation. Unless Yamato has resistance to gusts of wind / energy being sent into her weak spot.
It's just damage boost/pressure points. She could guard with Haki or avoid getting hit. It's like not that move was a game-changer against sb stronger like Fuji.
Or maybe Burgess was simply more durable than Sabo's output? Point being that Sabo has many more showings of getting serious more than Yamato does.

Sabo tried killing and smashing the skull of a Marine he's never meet before with his bare hands.
Destroyed his armor hardened with haki in their 1st clash before getting his fruit. Literally broke his skull with his last move & he needed immidiate medical help the next time we see him. Sabo said it himself he wasn't going to finish off Burgess before the latter started mocking Ace. Sabo has more fights than her in general. Was her duel with Ace "playing around" or using hao agaisnt GB right from the start before Momo interupted? And why would she even hold back against him, it's not like she can't sense his strength?

And she smashed several random beast pirates without giving a 2nd thought.

Last edited:
It's just damage boost/pressure points. She could guard with Haki or avoid getting hit. It's like not that move was a game-changer against sb stronger like Fuji.
Pressure points are durability negation and Yamato has never applied Buso to her skin.
Destroyed his armor hardened with haki in their 1st clash.
Armor durability =/= physical durability.
Literally broke his skull with his last move & he needed immidiate medical help the next time we see him.
Key word "last move."
Sabo has more fights than her in general. Was her duel with Ace "playing around" or using hao agaisnt GB right from the start before Momo interupted?
her duel with Ace obviously wasnt fought with murderous intent. It was more so a misunderstanding between the two, Yamato thought Ace was a threat to Wano but he wasn't. Hence why they got along moments afterwards.

idk why some of yall Yamato simps overblow her feat against GB. She attacked him while he wasnt on guard, while in his Logia body which has significantly lesser durability than GB's true durability. And still didn't one shot him like some of yall act like.
And why would she even hold back against him, it's not like she can't sense his strength?
She can't. Yamato is litteraly ass with her Kenbunshoku, even needing to use Momo to do basic shit with.
And she smashed several random beast pirates without giving a 2nd thought.
"Random beast pirates." = fodder.

That's like me saying I'll attack Mike Tyson without hesitation because I once beat up a bunch of 4 years olds.

Pressure points are durability negation and Yamato has never applied Buso to her skin.
Tell that to page & the ctr, that's not how it's currently treated. She has. Even if it doesn't count she can still block with a hakied up kanabo.
her duel with Ace obviously wasnt fought with murderous intent. It was more so a misunderstanding between the two, Yamato thought Ace was a threat to Wano but he wasn't. Hence why they got along moments afterwards.
So a fighter must to have murderours intend in oder for you to consider them not "playing around".
idk why some of yall Yamato simps overblow her feat against GB. She attacked him while he wasnt on guard, while in his Logia body which has significantly lesser durability than GB's true durability.
And still didn't one shot him like some of yall act like.
WTFH does any of this have to do with what I said? All I said was hao was the 1st move she used agasint him just to prove she doesn't fool around with strong opponents, none of that other crap. I'm out of here.
"Random beast pirates." = fodder.
Just like that Vice Admiral. Unless you think him+Doffy goons ganging on Franky for a couple chapters is that impressive.

Tell that to page & the ctr, that's not how it's currently treated. She has. Even if it doesn't count she can still block with a hakied up kanabo.
Again, pressure points inherently negate durability. I don't need to tell that to the page nor the CRT because he already has pressure points on his profile. Pressure points negate durability to some extend, so don't sit here and talk down to me as if I don't know what I'm talking whenever in reality it's your own ignorance.

Cool she still hasn't shown the ability to hyper focus Buso onto other parts of her body. Not that's she's bright enough to realize what Sabo's even doing that'd she feel the need to defend with Buso.
So a fighter must to have murderours intend in oder for you to consider them not "playing around".
Yes. If your opponent is the type of actively put you on a shirt in character and you act like Goku that's considered playing around.
WTFH does any of this have to do with what I said? All I said was hao was the 1st move she used agasint him just to prove she doesn't fool around with strong opponents, none of that other crap. I'm out of here.
Calm your hormones, on god you act like this on every OP thread you comment on.

She doesn't have the proper hold of her Kenbunshoku to tell how strong Sabo is. She rushed at GB with Hao because GB was again, a threat to Wano. Sabo isn't.

If you wanna leave that's one you and you can be my guest if you wanna hit that unfollow button. Nobody is stopping you fam.

Back