• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Several Night King additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night King
Powers and Abilities:

Attack Potency and Durability:
  • Currently, Night King has a physical AP and durability of 9-B, his AP justification is because he should be stronger than the likes of Jon Snow and Sandor Clegane, his durability is unjustified.
  • He also has an AP of 8-C with weapons for killing Viserion in one strike and 8-C durability against fire for easily resisting Drogon's fire breath.
  • Therefore, Night King should directly have an AP and durability of 8-C, since his 9-B stats are assumptions and his 8-C stats are actual feats.
  • Also his AP of 9-A with magic should be removed as it's an unnecessary assumption.
  • In short, Night King should have a unique AP and Durability of 8-C.
Lifting Strength:
  • Currently, the Night King has a Superhuman Lifting Strength, although his justification states that he should be stronger than Gregor Clegane, who has a Class 5 Lifting Strength.
  • Therefore the Night King's Lifting Strength should be Superhuman, likely Class 5, like the White Walkers.
White Walkers (The Others)
  • White Walkers should have the same new abilities as the Night King, with the exception of Power Bestowal.
Wights
Powers and Abilities:
Undead Viserion (Wight)
Powers and Abilities:

• Self-Sustenance (Types 1, 2 and 3: He should scale from others Wights)
Wun Weg Wun Dar Wun (Giants and Wights)
Powers and Abilities:

• Weapon Mastery
  • Large Size (Type 0)
Lifting Strength:

Last edited:
I agree for the most part with everything, however:

Night King lifting strength/Ap:
He seems to have been able to snap a dragonglass spear in half solely by bending it with his arms here: , along with providing the force for the spear throw that killed a dragon by his own feats, even taking into account the piercing aspect of the ice javelin to harm an 8-C which is why its limited to with weapons, we can also determine the kinetic energy to launch the ice spear that high to hit the dragon, latter being stupidly impossible by mortal standards. Perhaps adding these would help, otherwise, simple scaling from others like you are doing should suffice.

Surface Scaling (Can climb walls and ceilings)
The surfaces aren't really smooth, I think that they are taking advantage of the vines. So, I don't believe it qualifies with just this scene for the ability.

Last edited:
The surfaces aren't really smooth, I think that they are taking advantage of the vines. So, I don't believe it qualifies with just this scene for the ability.
Fine
Night King lifting strength/Ap:
I didn't understand this part. Do you agree with my proposal to upgrade the Night King to a unique "8-C" rating or do you want to keep him as he is now at "9-B, 8-C with weapons"?

I think he is fine for keeping his current AP unless the spear throw gets calculated higher than 9-B.
I think he shouldn't be 9-B, since his justification is an assumption that he should be stronger than the likes of Jon Snow (who shouldn't be 9-B) and Sandor Clegane (who he or a White Walker never faced). So I think the most accurate thing is for him to have a unique AP of 8-C, which is also consistent with his Durability.
I'm assuming his resistance to the dragon flame was due to how he can magically just disperse away flames from himself like when he walks through fire?
That's right, he has a magical aura that nullifies fire. But in the scene where he resists Drogon's fire breath like nothing you can see how it hits him directly for several seconds, and the fire doesn't seem to have been nullified. A fire breath that can destroy stone structures on contact like nothing.
But he definitely needs an upgrade to his lifting strength.
Yes, he should be "Superhuman, likely Class 5" (like the White Walkers) at least

Considering she was already yelling right before she was about to stab, I wouldn't call this enhanced senses.

Therefore, Night King should directly have an AP and durability of 8-C, since his 9-B stats are assumptions and his 8-C stats are actual feats.
But those feats are not really those that would give him physical AP. 8-C comes from weapons and resisting fire.

Aside surface scaling which you already struck out, rest everything seems fine.

I guess they mean scaling from the long-haired white walker glancing behind him, being that was before she opened her mouth and screamed during her jump..?

You could see that he felt a bit of breeze due to Arya's movement, so not a feat of enhanced senses.

I am not sure. Sam was not properly hidden so it isn't difficult to spot him there.

But those feats are not really those that would give him physical AP. 8-C comes from weapons and resisting fire.
His 9-B Durability is still unjustified, and the only times the Night King was attacked was when Drogon hit him directly with his fire breath and when he was stabbed by Arya, which wouldn't count since it was with a Valyrian steel dagger.
When he killed Viserion with a single strike (Rhaegal was pierced by 3 projectiles from a ballista designed to kill dragons to die), he had to use physical force to throw the spear that distance, with the precision, speed and force necessary to hit and kill Viserion. And aside from that the Night King hasn't had more fights, only against Theon who killed him easily and quickly

Last edited:
Well, we could change his durability to unknown. But 9-B comes from the assumption that he scales above Clegane and the rest. The Viserion feat is a measure of lifting strength more than it is of striking strength.

Fine. But instead of changing his Durability to Unknown, wouldn't it be better to upgrade him to 8-C based on the Drogon feat?

No, because that feat is more of a heat resistance thing so that durability would only be for heat based attacks.

No, because that feat is more of a heat resistance thing so that durability would only be for heat based attacks.
But why limit his Durability to only heat attacks? It's not like a character that resists an energy attack is limited to X Durability against energy, or one that resists an electric attack is limited to X Durability against electricity.
And Drogon's fire breath can destroy stone structures like nothing on contact
I ask because I didn't know that this was done with the durability

Well, some people have a higher resistance to heat stuff and Night King falls under that category. See Endeavor from My Hero Academia, he has similar distinction regarding heat.

Drogon's fire was stated to be hot enough to melt stones and the likes, so most of the destruction caused by his fire is also because of the heat it possesses. Which Night King is resistant to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back