• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Fate Ryuko and Naraku not only have two completely different kinds of Regenerationn method-wise (Something a lot of people are ignoring for some reason), but Naraku has actually regenerated from Bakusaiga

Like seriously, they make a point out of it that the sword would oneshot if Sesshoumaru wanted to just blast him away.

He only didn't do so because that would kind of murder everyone else down there too.

Btw, this is not a vote. My only point is that Ryuko ain't regening if she gets that stuff to the face.

Btw it has AOE and Sesshoumaru kinda blasted a 1000 demons at once with it, too, so yeah. Might want to worry about that.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Fate Ryuko and Naraku not only have two completely different kinds of Regenerationn method-wise (Something a lot of people are ignoring for some reason), but Naraku has actually regenerated from Bakusaiga

@Fate Blasting 1000 demons at once is hardly impressive when a weakened Ryuko WITHOUT Senketsu cut buildings in half from half a city away

Pal. You're claiming something that negates regen and has someone's ENTIRE body destroyed to a lvl where they must be reform from something else altogether will not bypass Regenerationn that never showed a feat anywhere close to that.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Fate Blasting 1000 demons at once is hardly impressive when a weakened Ryuko WITHOUT Senketsu cut buildings in half from half a city away
Good for her, because the comparison doesn't even make sense when my point is that the AOE just makes it harder for her to dodge than just evading a sword swing, lol.

FateAlbane said:
Good for her, because the comparison doesn't even make sense when my point is that the AOE just makes it harder for her to dodge than just evading a sword swing, lol.
Good for him, she can just fly out of his range and nuke him with ranged air slashes with enough of an AP advantage to oneshot Sessy

WeeklyBattles said:
Yes, exactly, because Ryuko's Regenerationn method is specific enough that it wouldnt work
Your argument equals saying regen lower than the best showings of the power will work.

It's akin to something absurd like saying someone who is vaporized will regen from cells even when the power negs regen up to the soul.

I'll just go ahead and say Sesshoumaru oneshots with Bakusaiga since Ryuko's character is most of the time to go head on while Sessho is all about oneshotting people no questions asked from the get go. So yeah, he slices, dead, negged, the end.

I am not now nor did i ever say that. If Ryuko and Naraku had the same method of Regenerationn and kept the levels of regneration theyre at now, it would be bad news for Ryuko. Unfortunately for Sessy, Ryuko's Regenerationn method hard counters his decomposition.

I can actually name a lot of characters that fit the description you just gave

@Fate Please do show me where Sessy can decompose someone who is half made of inorganic material, because thats what Ryuko is, and thats why Sessy's null wouldnt work on her.

WeeklyBattles said:
where and when has naraku regenerated from bakusaiga? the only thing he did was completely discarding affected bodyparts from bakusaiga. thats not regenerating. its the opposite, admitting you cant out-regenerate the effect.

Since when are life fibers inorganical? Even if they were, since when complete destruction and negation of regen of half of your body is inferior to whatever Ryuko demonstrated?

Since when they regen from a single cell?

You try to show me any of that then we talk about burden of proof.

Until then, sword, gg.

Hell, you yourself are referring to life-fiber cells throughout this thread.

Life-fibers are outright stated to be organisms in the series.

I call utter BS on saying they're inorganical.

@Fate And i call BS in Sessy even coming close to hitting Ryuko when she outranges and out powers him, and she too can cut limbs off and be just fine, only getting stronger from it due to her Zenkai. Seriously, she heasily has the manuvereability, range, and AP that Sessy would be no threat to her

they both are similar in AP tho. sesshoumaru with 935MT with bakusaiga

and irrelevant with meidou (you saw the aoe it can reach. and its spammable)

speed unequal ryuko would surely stomp him before he can muster a thought.

but giving speed equal to inuyasha chars and not banning all of their hax? thats always a problem, regardless who they face

@Weekly That's a fair enough number of points. I'll remove my vote for the timebeing as the only point I truly wanted to get across was the one with the sword, not the match definitely ending in Sesshy's victory or something of the sort.

From the link in his profile it does not look like 935 was the accepted end of that calc at all.

A weakened Ryuko without Senketsu has a solid kilometer/miltiple kilometer feat. 1 km < Multiple kilometers in a weakened unamped state < TLFS Ryuko

Actually, upon closer inspecton, the only AP feat that was actually accepted in that entire thing was the 1.8 Megaton yield...

thanks for reminding me. the 935 have been just recently introducted and need to be updated on the profile. it stems from having the pulverization value for diamond, which wasnt accounted for in the original calc and instead the value for common rock was used. gonna bump the thread and upgrade later. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1468295 here is the thread covering the matter

-

im sorry but that doesnt give me anything here. can you link the feat in question?

WeeklyBattles said:
From the link in his profile it does not look like 935 was the accepted end of that calc at all.

A weakened Ryuko without Senketsu has a solid kilometer/miltiple kilometer feat. 1 km < Multiple kilometers in a weakened unamped state < TLFS Ryuko
Just looked at her profile and all I see is that only her High 6-A and 6-B forms has that kind of range while her 7-A form (which is what we are using here right now) is the same as her base form, which is hundreds of meters with air slash.

@Raven That entire blog is really, really outdated (Hell parts of it ar still using the old rating), it may be best to have a calc member take a look at it and likely redo it, it would likely get more attention that way

This one. Im trying to find a gif where she oneshots several dozen COVERS with one attack as well...

@Weekly I also like to point out that you talk like Sesshōmaru is the type that stands around and let's himself gets hits, especially in a situation where he has knowledge on Ryuko's AP and durability advantage as stated by the op.

@Shooting Satsuki isnt either but Ryuko still outmatched her despite Satsuki knowing Ryuko's powers and both knowing how to bypass her regen and having the exact means to do so

well it was done when i was a calc member myself so i havent thought much about just making a quick thread regarding the new found value but re-uploading it from scratch is fine as well. all IY profiles need to be updated in the first place. it just is very annoying to do so it kind of gets always postponed.

-

well that covers the range of the attack. not the AOE. it is simply a cut. has anyone calced the actual distance? because eyeballing also makes it roughly ~ a kilometer or so.

-

also i would like to know what version of sesshoumaru are we using here? bakusaiga or meidou? with meidou all AP is irrelevant, seeing how its a dimensional BFR move

Yeah i feel ya, but unfortunately that means that for the time being we cant use the 900+ MT feat

Weaker characters than Ryuko have AoE that can encompass several hundred meters but let see...

So yes, Ryuko easily has the AoE as all of these are from people weaker than herself

well i am not really fond of using bakusaiga in the first place. i just wanted to clear up the misconception of it not not working on ryukos regenerative abilities in a general term. when i argue for sesshoumaru i usually go for the strongest crossverse version, which is meidou sesshoumaru, not bakusaiga sesshoumaru.

thanks for compiling the list. the problem for ryuko however would be how to connect any of these hits in the first place.

keep in mind, once she gets to a close combat distance sesshoumarus meidou works even when she herself blocks the initial, incoming strike or completely denies any damage

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11122/111224995/6310299-b410_009.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11122/111224995/6310300-b410_010.jpg

-

however you already mentioned that she would likely attack with ranged moves at first, as you believe she has the range advantage.

however every incoming attack from here will be absorbed by meidou. keep in mind that once sesshoumaru launches a meidou orb, everything in its path will be send to a different dimension, meaning all incoming attacks, regardless the potency, are effectively nullified, whereas the meidou still continues its path

for reference see here how some inferior versions to the one sesshoumaru has mastered partially BFR mountains and still continue their momentum

http://a.fanfox.net/store/manga/45/...85dc60fa66ac665e3a3623a5a333bb&ttl=1521450000

http://a.fanfox.net/store/manga/45/...6ce1508472772baacb2e59dfae43b2&ttl=1521450000

meaning any frontal launched range attack will prove to be useless, while at the same time result in a meidou orb approaching here. it would be therefore even contraproductive for ryuko to launch ranged attacks.

-

by the way, ive read that ryuko can turn partially intangible? meidou also was proven to work on intangible things. sesshoumaru in general has the ability to deal damage to intangibles

thanks for linking the feat. i do agree that sesshoumaru, would he be caught in that attack would not survive. however the likelyhood of that happening are very slim - or even barely existing.

take a look at the size of the blast. ryuko is average human sized from what i recall. in the beginning of the feat linked the blast she fires is only a little bigger in size than herself. it gradually expands until it has reached about 1 1/2 the size of her. it then stays at this size for the duration of its flight. it is only when the blast reaches its destination and explodes we get to see the massive AOE.

obviously sesshoumaru will take countermeasures for such an incoming blast. would it be a regular attack he fired from his sword (like bakusaiga for example) ryukos blast would likely prevail due to higher AP.

meidou however does not work in such a way. it is - figuratively speaking - a floating portal to another dimension whose door is open. ryukos blast would approach sesshoumaru and simply fly and get sucked up in it.

like we have seen it here

http://a.fanfox.net/store/manga/45/...d04f37b3c0353f7eb9131d20794719&ttl=1521536400

http://a.fanfox.net/store/manga/45/...20613223920f65b0740b4dd26c0b62&ttl=1521536400

-

so it would not even come to the explosion, seeing how sesshoumaru launching meidou once ryuko fires her blast. due to the relative small size of the blast in the first place that danger gets completely nullified before it can reach the rough destination of sesshoumaru and explode.

it would not even come to the explosion in the first place. see the beginning of the attack in the gif you linked. the first couple seconds. the blast she fires has a diameter with roughly her own size. it is an energy attack with a clear trajectory and then exploding on impact.

with meidou, the energy blast would be BFRd to a different dimension before he can even reach the destination.

ryuko stands at one side of the city and attempts to spam her laser. sesshoumaru is on the other side. when she fires her blast, sesshoumarus meidou gets launched as well. both travel the same amount of distance. in the middle ryukos energy blast gets absorbed while meidou continues to travel. towards her. and i already showed you a picture of meidou continuing to travel far into the horizon. it is not simply a 1 second active ability (like falsly claimed in the profiles, no idea why).

to overcome these odds she would have to actively close the distance to him to a few meters. and if she does that it is more easy for him to tag her once.

Back