• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm gonna go with Boros in this. Before, a Ragyo vs Boros thread was made and it has gone in favor of Ragyo due to the mind/memory manipulation to which Boros has no counter of. Ryuko, iirc, doesn't have one so this battle will most likely be determined by hand to hand combat and firepower. And in my opinion, Boros will have the slight edge on both with his superior combat experience and Roaring Cannon move.

What good will Boros' experience do? He can't get past her Regenerationn and she's going to outclass him in the long run if he pushes her to the extreme leaving her to gain boosts in power and reactive evolution which she could use to develop a counter to his fighting style. Ryüko can't get past his Regenerationn either but it depends on his energy which is going to run out at some point especially when he decides to use Meteoric Burst. Voting for Ryüko for now.

I agree with Burning's reasons. Ryuko also has True Flight and superior physical strength for grappling and such.

And one something worth noting is Ragyo does not have Reactive Evolution or the ability to get stronger by major injuries (which she can instantly regenerate.)

While she may not have the experience (though it's certainly not like she's unskilled) Ryuko does have abilities Ragyo doesn't that'd further help her in combat.

Also I kinda messed up on the Ragyo vs Boros thread.

I was under the impression that the splitting the atmosphere calc had no accepted value.

However during the dark days when OPM got downgraded to Continent level, the reason was because it was decided the low end should take precedence when a calc has unknown timeframes.

The only reason this downgrade was undone was because the low end was MC. However the low end was still accepted and if it was Continent level Boros would still be 6-A.

Using the accepted low end, Ryuko would be over 7.5 times stronger than Boros.

So Boros is going to be fighting 7 and a half of him who can fly, has reactive evolution, can instantly regenerate from injuries unreliant on energy and will become even stronger as a result. I think she has this.

i still dont understand why boros isnt planet level. both the databook and canon anime states he can bust the earth. and im pretty sure the "surface wiping" statement was a mistranslation. i mean seriously, in dbs, ki attacks are usually building level in size, yet they're considered to be universe level. like goku blacks kamehameha literally made an explosion the size of a building, yet zamasu has universe level durability for tanking it. we dont calc dbs explosion craters (despite the craters being like city size 95% of the time) so why is it any different with one punch man.

Jonathanlighter said:
i still dont understand why boros isnt planet level. both the databook and canon anime states he can bust the earth. and im pretty sure the "surface wiping" statement was a mistranslation. i mean seriously, in dbs, ki attacks are usually building level in size, yet they're considered to be universe level. like goku blacks kamehameha literally made an explosion the size of a building, yet zamasu has universe level durability for tanking it. we dont calc dbs explosion craters (despite the craters being like city size 95% of the time) so why is it any different with one punch man.
He is planet level, look at his page.

@Jonathan Can you please prove that the surface wiping statement is a mistranslation?

Boros in the manga, which is the main canon, says he can destroy the surface of the Earth. Then he and Saitama perform a Multi-Continental feat.

Multi-Continent Boros has a main canon statement plus a feat.

Boros in the secondary canon anime says he's a planet buster. Then the guidebook says he is.

Planetary Boros has a secondary canon statement plus another seconday canon statement from the guidebook.

While I am not opposed to 5-B Boros, there is more that supports him being High 6-A. Luckily this site compromises and accounts for both possibilities.

Also Dragon Ball have a plethoral of statements and feats of far greater magnitude than building level before Zamasu. Which is why we consider those lesser attacks AoE.

Boros has nothing close to Planet level in either feats or statements within the main canon. Only a couple of statements in secondary canons.

So your two scenarios are not comparable. It's like me baselessly assuming Ryuko's 3-C because it was stated the Life Fibers control the galaxy then saying her greatest Multi-Continent feat is only AoE. And that we shouldn't have bothered calculating it.

@Beerus How does Boros being comparable to Garou change the fact that Ryuko's 7.5 times stronger than him, has superior regen, is able fly, has far greater lifting strength for grappling, has Reactive Evolution, and will only get stronger than her 7.5x base while Boros will eventually run himself out?

I may be wrong but I believe ONE compared his webcomic as the rough draft. Though don't quote me on that please.

Also IIRC Boros says nothing within the webcomic about surface or planetbusting. That's what one of the bureacrat's said and I don't recall him saying that in the webcomic. Though if he did then maybe there's a possible revision.

7.5 Times stronger than him? He has no lifting strength so that's not a valid claim. His striking strength is far greater than hers, in fact it's on another level. Isn't it equalized? If it weren't then he'd likely be faster than her in both categories. Either way his energy projection is what gives him the win here. Senketsu was killed by re-entry, how would that save her from getting toasted by a planet busting laser beam?

XXBeerusTheDestroyerXx said:
7.5 Times stronger than him? He has no lifting strength so that's not a valid claim. His striking strength is far greater than hers, in fact it's on another level. Isn't it equalized? If it weren't then he'd likely be faster than her in both categories. Either way his energy projection is what gives him the win here. Senketsu was killed by re-entry, how would that save her from getting toasted by a planet busting laser beam?

Senketsu was not killed by the re-entry he was killed by the sheer amount of energy he forced himself to absorb from the Shinra Koketsu.

Boros's Multi-Continental calc's value is 7.5 times lower than the value of Ryuko's calc. So if we're using High 6-A forms at least, Ryuko is that much stronger than him. And that includes in striking strength.

According to the profile Boros has Class M lifting strength.

And surviving re-entry is a Wall level feat. Even if Senketsu died from it, which Aqua pointed out wasn't the case, it's clear PIS and is like bringing up Goku getting killed by a laser or Arceus getting hurt by a meteor.

Also with this form of Boros he doesn't have a planet busting beam. Plus there's still the fact Ryuko gets stronger from damage sustained whereas Boros eventually depleats his energy. Which is going to happen a lot quick since he's getting hit by someone whose punches are 7 and a half times more than his and can fly in the air.

Jonathanlighter said:
i took the original japanese and translated it too google translate and it saids "i will wipe out the surface of the star"... wtf

your first mistake was using google translate as if it were competent.

true. but i used other translators too multiple times and it all said star... not actually saying boros is star level tho, just thought it was funny

Just getting this out of the way, and this might be a stupid question for someone who finished Kill la Kill, but is there a scene where Ryuko is in her Senketsu Kisaragi mode and displayed Reactive Evolution? Because iirc, the reactive evolution was from her previous forms (I'm really not sure though, it's been ages since I watched Kill la Kill)

Anyway, when Boros decides to use Meteoric Burst, he will still have enough energy to regenerate. After he used it on Saitama, he tanked a normal punch and regenerated from being destroyed to bits by a barrage of normal punches AND after that, still managed to let out his most powerful attack. I dont know if it's worth mentioning too but he also lived a few seconds after being indirectly hit by Saitama's serious punch.

Also, battle experience should atleast account for something especially if there's a huge gap in it. To what extent exactly, we won't be able to say, but nevertheless it IS an advantage albeit a small one.

In my first post I forgot to take into account Ryuko's Reactive Evolution, which is really a huge advantage in a fight that will tend to last very long due to both sides having difficult-to-overcome regen.

So wait, he's not able to use meteoric burst in this battle? If he gets that then he would destroy her with no problem, but if he doesn't then I agree, Ryuko should win this pretty handily. The only thing that Boros can really hope for is using his laser beam which he stated "Any normal creature hit by it would find even their bones vaporized to dust." If what he said was true then I don't see why that wouldn't apply to Senketsu, though I suppose maybe she has the durability to survive it.

@IrMaXuS

considering Senketsu Kisaragi is literally just her and Senketsu with all the life fibers of everyone else she SHOULD still have all her previous abilities. Its more like she had just tons more power, its not like it was a whole new form with no access to other stuff.

Basically think Super Sonic or Super Saiyan Goku...its basically just a massive increase in power with of course new abilities only to that form, but it does not lock them out of abilities in their earlier forms.

There's no reason why Kisaragi Ryuko should've lost Reactive Evolution. It's basically a vastly superior version of her previous form. And in Kisaragi she shows to be able to get stronger from physical damage. Which is a feat of minor Reactive Evolution. And this ability gave Metal Bat and Goku Black the power.

Also Boros can lose his Regenerationn factor as he loses his energy and again he is 7 and a half times weaker. Combat experience may help but I think those two things factor in heavily as well.

With speed equalized, any power up that increaes speed is also negated. And if we're going to get into semantics a half human half article of clothing hybrid is far from a "normal creature" and there's no reason why this one beam should be much stronger than his Multi-Continental feat. So Ryuko would be able to survive that.

Oh I had the impression that Kisaragi Senketsu was the ultimate, strongest form of Senketsu and further evolution would be impossible. Damage giving her boosts, if I understand her statement correctly, has an upper limit too. From her profile, its quoted (assuming it was from Ryuko herself) that she has reached their "peak" when she cut herself in half. So she won't continuously gain boosts as the battle drags on.

If I understand Ryu's statement correctly, then Ryuko is 7 and a half times stronger than the low-end for Mutli-Continent right? However, Boros' AP and durability has quite a huge range of possible values, from the low-end of Multi-Continent to possibly Planet. So it'll be hard to use Ryuko having the advantage on those as an argument.

In my opinion, this all comes down to whether the Roaring Cannon of Boros can completely obliterate Ryuko or not. Because Boros has only shown to be incapable of regenerating after he used it, and if Ryuko does survive it she'll have the opportunity to kill Boros once and for all.

Ryuko says that the she has the power to get stronger the closer she is to death. She was also stated to be capable of this before she gained the Kisaragi form. She said "peak" as that was the strongest they have ever gotten.

Given the fact that she has used this power before suggests this isn't a one time thing. Of course that's not saying anything like she can do this indefinitely. But more suggests she can continually do this than she only has one boost and that's it.

And when using High 6-A Boros, using the accepted value of the calc that makes him High 6-A is perfectly fine to use.

Either Boros is 7.5 times weaker than Ryuko, or he's Planet level. And we're not using Planet level in this match.

Ryukama said:
Ryuko says that the she has the power to get stronger the closer she is to death. She was also stated to be capable of this before she gained the Kisaragi form. She said "peak" as that was the strongest they have ever gotten.

Given the fact that she has used this power before suggests this isn't a one time thing. Of course that's not saying anything like she can do this indefinitely. But more suggests she can continually do this than she only has one boost and that's it.

And when using High 6-A Boros, using the accepted value of the calc that makes him High 6-A is perfectly fine to use.

Either Boros is 7.5 times weaker than Ryuko, or he's Planet level. And we're not using Planet level in this match.
That calc is based on a mistranslation. Boros beats her in striking strength, and according to the guidebook, it is a planet busting laser beam. So basically 6-A Boros doesn't even exist.

@Ryukama

Where is this 7.5 coming from? I looked at their calcs, Boros's multi-continent calc is 511.71 petatons, while Ryüko's calc is 644.7 petatons. That makes her ~25% more powerful.

For the Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon issue, as mentioned by several translators that I've encountered, the original text be interpreted as either erase or shave the planet.

Erase the planet --> Planet Level

Shave the planet --> Multi-Continent Level

@XXBeerus

If you think thats correct bring it up in a content revision thread, otherwise we are to stick by what is shown on his profile.

Boros has no "reasons above." Or at least not reasons that AquaWaifu or I haven't already addressed.

"Boros has greater combat experience."

Okay yeah he has that. But having more fights does not equal having more skill in a fight. Garou has decades of less experience fighting than Boros, yet he's a superior fighter.

But even with greater skill and experience, Ryuko's Reactive Evolution has allowed her to counter various different fighting styles. It's even given her brand new super powers on the spot (flight, sound redirection, body manipulation, etc.) I'm sure she can counter some pretty good kung fu.

"Boros is stronger than Ryuko."

Unless we're using his Planet level form, no he's not. The accepted value of his High 6-A calculation is 7.5 times lesser than Ryuko's. She's considerably stronger than him if using High 6-A forms.

"Boros is certainly Planet level"

There's no proof that the manga was a mistranslation. In the main canon he makes a Multi-Continental statement and has a feat to back it up. I believe Planet level is possible for Boros as well for other reasons but MC should also be considered. And if you believe he should be upgraded to full Planet level then please make a content revision thread and quit derailing the thread.

"Boros is faster than Ryuko"

Absolutely true, but speed equal negates that.

"Boros can vaporize her"

No he can't. His blast doesn't have any Seint Seiya style hax where it distinegrates people on a molecular level or anything. It's just a very strong blast. And one that should be weaker than his High 6-A feat, which in turn is 7.5 times weaker than Ryuko. She can withstand the attack.

"Boros has Regenerationn"

Ryuko's Regenerationn is the exact same level as Boros's, instantaneous and doesn't require energy to work. And Ryuko can get stronger by the damage she sustains.

So Boros is going to tire himself out trying to break through the High-Mid Regenerationn of someone who's 7.5 times stronger than him who's constantly hitting back. While Ryuko will just be getting even stronger throughout time. And Boros getting tired will take away his regen.

Spartan1204 said:
@Ryukama
Where is this 7.5 coming from?
It comes from this calculation of Saitama vs Boros, which is the accepted calculation for his power. When this calc originally got downgraded, so was Boros. If this calc shouldn't be used for his power than maybe a content revision thread on the matter. However this is the primary calc used for him. And the accepted value (the low end) is 7.5 times weaker than Ryuko.

Ryukama said:
Spartan1204 said:
@Ryukama
Where is this 7.5 coming from?
It comes from this calculation of Saitama vs Boros, which is the accepted calculation for his power. When this calc originally got downgraded, so was Boros. If this calc shouldn't be used for his power than maybe a content revision thread on the matter. However this is the primary calc used for him. And the accepted value (the low end) is 7.5 times weaker than Ryuko.
What about this calc that's put on Boros's page?

@Ryu

I'm interpreting this " gets stronger as she gets closer to death" as more like a temporary, non-cumulative boosts. Meaning that the closest she is to death, the strongest boost she receives. Because otherwise, she could've just cut herself in half, get the boost, regenerate then repeat the process all over again to gain much needed boosts at any point in time.

Oh I forgot the restriction of High 6-A set forth. But Boros, possibly going to up to Planet Level with his Roaring Cannon,means that all values from low end High 6-A up to to the high-end should be possible values for Boros as well. Which makes my point still stand.

And in the long run, I do agree that Ryuko will inevitably outlast Boros should the fight drag on. Ryu's and the others convinced me to believe that. However, there's still the Roaring Cannon which could very well be capable of high-end Multi-Continent destruction that could end the fight in Boros' favor.

@Spartan Well despite that calc being on Boros's page, it's the Saitama splitting the atmosphere one that takes precedence on his profile. And the calc that him being High 6-A relies on. Since when that calc originally got downgraded, so did Boros. That calculation should be put in higher regard since that's what his tier is based on.

However even considering that calc, converting to joules Ryuko is casually 1.26 times stronger than Boros when going all out with the ability of getting much stronger over time. So the strength advantage is still there and still considerable, just not as much as if using the main calculation.

And the strength gap doesn't negate all of my other points for Ryuko. Primarily using her evolution to counter his fighting skill and her Regenerationn not needing energy to stay active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back