• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ryuko Matoi vs Malachite (Steven Universe)

Ryuko - 0

Malachite - 0

Fight begins in the middle of the Atlantic.

Neither have any knowledge or preptime

both are in character and willing to kill

Fight begins with Ryuko flying about 30 meters above the sea and Malachite coming up to the surface

who wins?

Tipoima said:
Which Ryuko? There are a lot of versions of her on her page

word of advice, and Im not being mean here, if an OP doesnt specifically state which version of a character is used in a vs battle, always assume the strongest version.

Okay, let's see

Malachite has lower speed and they both can fly, so trying to outrange Ryuko isn't really an option(is her flight speed the same?)

They pretty even in everything else, except for one thing: they are fighting literally in the middle of an ocean. So the question is, how well will Ryuko fight underwater?

For now, I'll give it to Malachite just because how ridiculous her hydrokinesis is

@Tipoima

Just to be sure, the fight doesnt start IN the ocean, like underwater. I feel like you seem to think it is maybe?

AquaWaifu said:
@Tipoima
Just to be sure, the fight doesnt start IN the ocean, like underwater. I feel like you seem to think it is maybe?
I don't see a problem for Malachite to drag Ryuko with her or just stay at the bottom and make her do it herself. I mean, there is no way she can attack her through 4km of water

AquaWaifu said:
Id feel like staying at the bottom would be self removal from battlefield....
Okay answer these two questions:

1)How far could Ryuko attack through the water? If this is less than 200 meters - it's Ryuko's problem

2)How hard would it be to drag her there? If she can do it reliably, Ryuko has a BIG problem

1)Hmm, while it would be ever further in the water, we should still consider, that these attacks would be significantly weakened by hydrokinesis if not canceled completely, while it leaves Ryuko quite vulnerable herself, as she has to hit the water itself to do any real damage.

Tipoima said:
1)Hmm, while it would be ever further in the water, we should still consider, that these attacks would be significantly weakened by hydrokinesis if not canceled completely, while it leaves Ryuko quite vulnerable herself, as she has to hit the water itself to do any real damage.

I think this far too assuming that Ryuko will be pulled underwater, she starts the fight 30 meters above the surface in the air.

Cropfist said:
Burning Full Fingers said:
I dunno Malachite, but can Ryüko get past Low-High Regenerationn?
Considering SU Regenerationn is unusable for combat, probably.
Not necessarily, even if you want to consider ttheir Low-High regen unusable in combat hey would still have at least High-Low regen, Garnet has regened her hands/arms

Back