• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY: 8-B and 8-A Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
The square cube thread kinda went under the radar and I've been less active as of late, I don't really blame him for missing it.

The other calc I'll look at in a bit but if it's off a previously accused calc with the only edited variable being the number of bombs that went off and isn't a square cube one I would guess that it's still fine.

I've already agreed to the 8-A and Wok kinda already has too.

I actually have a completely serious objection to the 8-B. In the time since that original rwby calc that gets the mass, I banned using square-cube calcs on birds and other giant flyers. The RWBY ones were even my specific example.
I was unaware of this thread indeed. Not really going to go through the thread, but as the creator of it I think your word is enough.

So 8-B is hard rejected, and the only real thing is 8-A.

Edit: Need to update my sandbox.

Really?

Well then, I'll start doing as much as I can. Though I might not be able to start anything significant until tomorrow.

I think I could help out with reformatting the pages to fit the new revisions

Just updated Qrow's, and I'm waiting to see if its good enough to keep on going with the rest of the revisions

Last edited:
Can I get rid of the circular scaling on the profiles?

Tyrian scales to Qrow, that means Qrow's profile shouldn't say he gets his AP from fighting Tyrian since that makes no sense. I want to take out a lot of that unnecessary stuff in the profiles, they needed some type of clean up for awhile. There is no reason to mention the Ace-Ops on his profile, when they scale to him and Team RWBY.

That's just circular reasoning, and bloats up the profile for no reason.

What about getting rid of Unknown physically on Leonardo's profile as well. Since we don't need to repeat that twice, his striking strength is already Unknown. He doesn't even appear to fight physically at all.

Also since the 8-B stuff is no good, I don't see any reason to split the Beacon profiles up anymore. It'd just be unnecessary.

I believe I am finished.

If I made any mistakes or missed anyone, please don't hesitant to correct/fix it.

I wasn't looking all that hard to be honest.

But Likely does sound better, unless someone has any other scaling.

If this justification is all that Post-Haven Jaune has, shouldn't it be a "Likely" rating?
I wasn't looking all that hard to be honest.

But Likely does sound better, unless someone has any other scaling.
i mean, that "shouldn't be weaker than Ruby and Yang" its just a form of writing, like Jaune is still comparable to them, he can fight the Manticore grimms like the rest of the cast and block their fireballs, and as well as damage the Atlesian Colossus like the rest

Manticore are 9-B, so not really impressive.

The Atlesian Colossus is better, I think his slashes do similar damage to it as Ruby does. However there has to be a better way to frame that on the profile. Since we don't want to make it seem like he is scaling to the Colossus, for obvious reasons.

Manticore are 9-B, so not really impressive.
i forgot that sorry
The Atlesian Colossus is better, I think his slashes do similar damage to it as Ruby does. However there has to be a better way to frame that on the profile. Since we don't want to make it seem like he is scaling to the Colossus, for obvious reasons.
we can just say either "Comparable to Ruby and Yang", or lets just leave it like this, sometimes i feel this type of wording is more like in skill, which yes in skill Jaune is weaker than them, but in ap is comparable, or at least that's what i think of this type of wording

...Is it wrong? Sounds like you don't agree.

Should Base Amber not be High 8-C+? She traded blows with Cinder, even pushed her back, so I'd assumed it was alright.

...Is it wrong? Sounds like you don't agree.

Should Base Amber not be High 8-C+? She traded blows with Cinder, even pushed her back, so I'd assumed it was alright.
Yeah you are right. I'm just wondering because vs battles (also because of my fc/oc vs battle rwby profiles where mercury during the fall of beacon beat Bann who can boost his strength by 4 times stronger making him city block level and I'm wondering how that affects the scaleing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back