• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince of Counters is pretty self-explanatory, definitely needs to be reprimanded.

I am firmly against lowering Upgrade's ban again. 6 months is already incredibly lenient for using sock puppets to further a thread.

I agree that he went over the line to a bannable degree there. However, didn't he say that he would deactivate his account?

CrimsonStarFallen said:
His last post is just a string of ad hominem thrown at people because some dude at the internet has anger issues. He legit said he wanted to punch you guys.
He's clearly not here to be productive.
As someone who fought the angery issue over the last year, this is kind of saddened me

This isnt the first time Prince has been reported for his hostility. Aside from today, he's been reported by me a while before and someone else for his aggresiveness in a thread.

If he's just gonna bring up a bunch of irrelevant stuff and sling insults at people then dip out he should probably be banned forever. If he doesn't have any interest in improving his behavior then he's just gonna cause more problems if he stays. Especially if he says he's leaving.

I have decided to block Prince of Counters permanently, he basically said he didn't ever want to come back, and it seems it was the universal agreement. And to prevent more massive posts regarding the matter.

His behavior has been like this for several years now, and he hasn't shown any interest in changing that. I agree with an infinite ban.

Okay. That seems to have been dealt with then.

I still think that we should reduce UpgradeMan's block to 3 months in any case.

He is completely harmless and simply made a mistake. I am against punishing him as harshly as we have done. It seems very unfair.

Well, I am fine with a shorter block for being very rude, but Upgrade didn't cause any harm or have any malicious intent, so I don't think that his offense is worse.

Haven't we already reduced his block as a measure of leniency in light of his explanations? What new information has come up that would lead us to reduce it even further?

Six months is entirely appropriate as a punishment and since other users besides myself seem fine with 6 months, it does not seem "very unfair".

I agree with GyroNutz. We should stop discussing it at this point.

Well, I have been talking with him via fanfiction.net, and he just seems a bit paranoid, clueless, and confused. I am personally maturally inclined to be lenient towards those who simply make mistakes but do not mean any harm.

Well, I mean, it is a case by case basis though. How the person conducts himself within the wiki, his capability to improve and his general attitude, nature and intent does factor in the amount of time he/she gets banned. (Just a general comment, not linked with any of the above cases).

@AKM I understand case by case, but this? A permaban reduced to 6, still arguing to 3 months and another member being permabanned for being rude is a stark difference no?

Though I agree with Gyro, I'll drop this.

My two cents but using socks to upgrade your favorite characters seems like a very malicious intent, and as the others have said, 6 moths for a violation that goes to infinitely banned seems VERY lenient

As far as I understood, he used a sock on 2 occasions for brief "I agree" comments in versus threads. That doesn't seem particularly malicious to me. I may be wrong though.

Antvasima said:
As far as I understood, he used a sock on 2 occasions for brief "I agree" comments in versus threads. That doesn't seem particularly malicious to me. I may be wrong though.
Its an intentional breakage of rules that gets you infinite banned usually, malice notwithstanding. You can't really call it a mistake or cluelessness.

6 months has been agreed upon, let it run its course.

Anyway, I seem to be outvoted here, so I suppose that there is no point that I bring it up again.

I have informed the Fandom staff.

I was told that they can significantly increase our protections if necessary, but that we should remind them in a few days.

Schnee One said:
We agreed with 6 months for >knowingly< going against a rule that results in a permaban and we're thinking of decreasing it more?
Wh- What?

It's circling around here because you guys don't get the memo of him not even knowing it's sockpuppeting.

Dude literally thought sockpuppeting is limited to simply using an alt to just insult peeps, and that using an alt to say "I agree" isn't a big threat.

If him not knowing all of those count as "knowingly", if my comment that was posted after you guys decided to not bring UpgradeMan case up again is considered irrelevant... then do whatever you want.

P.S.: Sorry for bringing this up again. I was asleep when you guys discussed that we not bring it up again, so I never had the chance to say it.

Not seeing the point in bringing up a decided ban over and over again. He socked, got a reduced ban of 6 months for it, end of story. Not seeing the point of trying to reduce it, and at this point sort of leaves the realm of leniency and goes straight into personal bias to keep trying to reduce it. It's not like other people in the past arguing for reduced bans for their buddies have had much success, especially when it comes to socks which the wiki nukes unless there are mitigating circumstances that aren't applicable here.

He is not my buddy. I just dislike banning harmless members for a long time on principle.

Anyway, let's drop this issue.

Here is a message that he sent me a few hours ago:

"I accept the punishment i received.. Bringing me up is causing a lot of discord.. And im okay with 6 month ban. It gives me time to get a grip on the IRL situation going on.

Thank you for being my voice Ant. i do appreciate it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back