• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 65

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should be fine, People, me included, swear all the time here. he can have a censored swear for a name

It isn't swearing that's the problem; however, I recall it being said that having swear words in a username was against Fandom's TOS whether obscured or blantant. Someone was globally blocked for having the Russian word for the B word in their use name. However, I agree that it might have been rushed on the blocking, but I still think it's best to ask him to change his username before he risks getting a global block anyway.

I do not mind if you ask him to change his username to something harmless.

Well, there have been recent discussions about this, so he is probably just unfamiliar with how we do things here. It is probably better if you give him a warning.

NormalPerson87, is, being a bit, pestery

He keeps pestering anyone who made a calc in existence to evaluate a feat for Johnny Test, even if they aren't calc members. He also is spamming random people's walls for input in a VS Match he made.

He is doing this for Schnee, Weekley, Kepekely, and Stefano

He is a relatively new user here, can someone please give him a minor reminder about not spamming people's walls on stuff that they don't do

I think that I recommended that he should ask a few calc group members for help. Maybe he got confused?

Antvasima said:
I think that I recommended that he should ask a few calc group members for help. Maybe he got confused?
I told him to ask a few calc group members, he must have mistakened calc group members and anyone who made a calc A minor reminder should do on not spamming message walls of non calc group members

Is somebody willing to give him instructions about this?

He's only asked a couple of people to comment on his versus thread, and both of them are pretty active when it comes to participating. He is not pestering or spamming their walls. That's a pretty normal way of letting someone know about a vs match they might be interested in.

As for the calc request, he asked a couple of people who are capable of calcing stuff (even though they are not calc members) to calc something. Maybe the guy knows and trusts them to calc it. He only left one message. I don't see how that is pestering or spamming. There is nothing wrong in asking for a favor.

I also quite literally exited the thread so I can calm down, don't make a mountain out of a mole hill as you usually do Kukui. You have a tendency to report people for things that aren't even report worthy.

So what if you left the thread? Doesn't change the fact that you were being somewhat hostile (which isn't the first time you've done this) and should be given a minor warning for that, unless staff themselves don't think it's report worthy.

Which isn't a offense that's report worthy. Again , Kukui you have a frequent tendency to make false reports. This ranges from you reporting users like Lance for "being aggressive" which staff has already told you isn't report worthy.

Being hostile in a thread is usually enough to receive warnings, especially if it's on-going and we've had users be warned for doing that before. This isn't the same as my "false" report with Lance since here you are telling a staff member to shut up just because of a disagreement.

But whatever. If staff doesn't deem it report worthy, thats fine and I apologize.

Can some other staff members investigate if TPOC actually did anything particularly bad?

@Goji

It is more likely to have been a clumsy inexperienced mistake in this case. Somebody should give him a warning instead.

I have blocked Shinigami for the troll post, and also deleted his troll post.

Also, several staff members myself included were in the thread. Prince was already given a warning about his behaivor. It was initially minor stuff like calling people ignorant, but there were insults such as calling people "Spades". And he eventually ended by saying "**** this thread". Prince is usually fairly decent, but has a tenancy to lose his temper from time to time. I don't think he needs a ban, but he does need some time to cool off for sure.

He didn't do anything major besides being passive-aggressive in the thread and insulting others of being ignorant, stonewalling and not being knowledgeable just because I and Monarch disagreed with his arguments. Apparently, him having some gripe against me for a Bleach related matter could also be a factor for that behavior as he brought up that thread in a completely unrelated discussion and also said "he'd enjoy to hear what my flawed argument are even based on".

Nothing major though, he just needs to calm down and present his points in a less agressive fashion, which he was already told in the thread by me and Bambu.

@Medeus and AKM

Okay. Thank you for helping out.

By the way, I still think that we should significantly reduce the ban period for TheUpgradeManHaHaxD. He didn't actually cause any harm or have any bad intentions. He just seems a bit paranoid in general going by our private conversation.

I did say I was fine with reducing his block to 3 months given he didn't really cause harm; though, others think anything less than 6 months is lenient. I think 3 to 6 months is fine, but it sounds like it would be good to get it over with instead of constantly going back and forth and using up our RVR messages. We don't want a repeat of last year having more RVR reboots than 2015-2018 put together.

I am fine with a 3 month ban.

Alright, that really drew the line, and he basically said he's done with the wiki. He's always been so polite to me, so I am a bit surprised. However, the insults towards AKM Sama and Elizhaa (Both of whom are some of the friendliest people here) cannot simply be ignored.

Was just about to post that myself. That is definitely actionable and has gone too far.

His last post is just a string of ad hominem thrown at people because some dude at the internet has anger issues. He legit said he wanted to punch you guys.

He's clearly not here to be productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back