• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
PlozAlcachaz said:
Just make a different thread about it. This is a thread to take action against problems that are currently happening, not a thread to keep continuing a discussion when it's already been agreed to shift it to another.
Agreed.

True, but would taking their thoughts into account over other non-staff like me who suggested the 9 months duration be better? I just didn't expect the sudden action considering SD and Monarch having such strong views and so far not posting since 2 days, when you asked for the reduction only 20 hours ago. Feels weird that it's suddenly being rushed along now. I guess I'll wait for them to post personally. That's all.

Antvasima said:
I have to call the old Discord group something distinctive from the current one, and it was recurrently Bleach-related.
Most of the banned users had nothing to do with Bleach.

Anyway, look, I can only go by what the most trusted members tell me regarding issues such as this, and I also have experiences regarding how several of the banned members behaved in conjunction with The Everlasting situation.
What trusted members? The only people in that server that are still around and know fully what happened are CinCameron, Qawsedf234, Zensum, Kepekley, and me.

Aeyu made ongoing efforts to redeem herself, and this was noticed by the staff. If a few of the other Bleach Discord group members made similar efforts, and wouldn't cause problems anymore, but there is no way for me to verify this, then there is no way for me to do anything except roll the dice and make a massive gamble. It is regrettable, but also doesn't have any perfect solutions, and I have to mainly take the safety of the wiki community into account.
Aeyu also participated in doxxing, destabilizing, insulting, and trolling.

Yet some of the users like Bluetrekking were banned for solely insulting users in one or two screenshots.

@Regis The timeframe's far away anyway. If it's eventually decided to increase it to a permaban/9 months, it being at 3 months now isn't much of an issue. Just chill and let people actually discuss the issue instead of having this meta discussion.

@Agnaa

Upgrade is currently banned for 9 months. I don't want to reduce the duration without further staff input.

@IMade

The point is that other staff members repeatedly told me that Aeyu had redeemed herself in various ways, and that she should be unbanned, whereas they haven't given me such information about any of the other banned Discord group (whatever you want to call it) members. I cannot just take a gamble based on almost nothing.

This is not the right time to stir this up again. Not the right thread either. A separate thread should be made to decide offsite regulations and then it will address Shadow's situation. Let's all drop any more comments about this topic here.

I agree about dropping the topic here, but do not think that other threads that drag up lots of old drama and want absolute consistency regarding everything, would do any good either,

Antvasima said:
I agree about dropping the topic here, but do not think that other threads that drag up lots of old drama and want absolute consistency regarding everything, would do any good either,
I doubt talking about the legitimacy of Shadow's ban would bring up old drama, and is likely the most efficient way to discuss the legitmacy of his ban without clogging this up further.

I won't make any more comments here regarding it. My apologies.

I was talking about a massive thread about both that and the old Bleach group Discord bans that would only serve to destabilise the community at a time when we definitely need to stay coherent and organised in preparation for the upcoming forum move.

More comments from TheUpgradeManHaHaxD:

• "I think we're all focusing too much on the sockpuppets and ignoring the part where he tried to make up a conspiracy to ban Alonik. Go to Alonik's original post for more context, but this 'good' behavior is quite frankly, bs. If he was willing to do such a thing to another member, and actively erase evidence, why on Earth would we allow him to come back to the wiki. - Somebodydata
I never tried to get anyone banned. I will admit labeling what i said a "Conspiracy" was poor choice of words. Though the words aren't mine, but a friend who doens't have a vsbattle wiki account. I also want to make it clear that you can't be banned for making a CRT about a characters ratings/stats. This seems like a massive stretch to say i want to get a user banned for that. This would just mean I would need to debate them on the tiering proposed within the CRT.

• "Again, he didn't try to frame anybody for conspiracy. He was just suspicious, likely due to Alonik trying to extremely downgrade Saint Seiya speeds due to taking statements over calculated feats" - Antvasima
This isn't it.. but you are right i was NOT trying to get anyone banned, or frame anyone. What it was is that a friend contacted me offsite. He pointed out some oddly timed post that he believed where too much to be coincidence. I wanted to talk it over with Matt since he was a related party in the matter. The goal wasn't to get anyone banned!!

My friend said "Hey Man. I noticed some very oddly timed stuff on Vsbattle wiki. I think Matt might be in for some trouble." He then proceeded to bombard me with Screenshots.

• "Lying about his guilt even after being called out to an admin no less. If you think he isn't capable of being manipulative, and by extension manipulating all of you, I want you guys to reflect on this." - SomebodyData
Monarch left out some important context here!!!!! in case anyone is confused. I have 2 discord accounts. 1 for my mobile phone, and 1 for my labtop. I don't remember the reason why i have 2, but i just stuck with it. I said "hold on irl stuff." I then posted 11 minutes later after monarch made his last comment!!!!

• "The fact is, this is similar to what happened to Mikoto, bannable offenses being reduced because the community liked them" -Somebodydata
it feels more like their is a lot of people against me than there is with me.. but also i want people to know that im not trying to lower my sentence.. i just want people to understand the situation better.. or understand my point of view..

• "Remember that this guy was capable of making a sockpuppet account all the way from 2 years ago, only getting caught because of a discord conversation, something by extreme chance. This is of course, assuming he only made one sockpuppet.' - Somebodydata
I only used those 2 accounts. There isn't any other ones.. And i was blinded by my emotion, and feelings. It was something stupid i admit that..A moment of weakness.. it was a petty move.. i get it..

but to say that i used sockpuppets on every thread i ever made is a bit much... The other account was inactive until the day i made that post..

• "Basically Monarch was trying to investigate and Upgrade didn't come clean, even after being exposed." - SomebodyData
I did come clean..

• " but in reality, he is totally conspirator either against his opponent or against his arguments.' - [I don't want to give out the name of who said this]
I feel there is some people on the RV thread whom are attacking the character (me as a person, and my characteristics as a being) to discredit points i made on a thread during a debate.

• "Wait, why are people defending a guy who was obviously well versed in the rules and created socks to try to boost his threads" - I'm Blue daba dee daba die
This is a massive assumption no offense, and not trying to be rude.. But i didn't know what a sockpuppet was until recently, and reading the fandom definition of a sockpuppet. it feels like people are labeling what i did as a sockpuppet to lengthen the ban, or maybe its just stigma of an alternate account. Fandom also makes it a point of "Sockpuppets aren't to be confused with multiple accounts." I read the wiki, and i don't see anything in the rules about abuse of a secondary account, or a baseline punishment for it. (not trying to justify what i did please don't be confused there..)

My point here is that i didn't know what a sockpuppet was until this incident, and from what the linked definition of a sock puppet is.. it doesn't look like what i did was sockpuppeting but something else entirely.. (Still a bad behavior though)

Also.. i want to compare this situation to the Kingdom Hearts situation again.

There was a member who added abilities that staff members had disagreed on to their profiles, but he was given a chance to redeem himself and not get a ban, correct? I didn't really keep up with that situation.

Comparing that to what i did.... it kind of confusing on who did the most wrong

Hopefully all of this sounds okay.... I had a rough day today, and im sick... in case people think im come off strongly.. I don't mean too.. also.. if anyone has any questions... id like to know so i can help further clear things up, and correct any misunderstandings.. I understand that my English-grammar skills are terrible (Even though it is my primary language)so.. it might be possible that something sounds incorrectly to what im actually trying to convey..

Again, he seems very harmless to me. I think that 9 months is a way too harsh punishment.

I would appreciate some staff input regarding Upgrade, especially from administrators.

Yeah. That's not an actual, you know, just a joke, maybe in poor taste but still. The picture should be removed, but he shouldn't be banned or whatever, maybe a warning to not post crude pictures like that since FANDOM can get trigger happy even if it isn't real.

Just a heads up, though I doubt it needs to be said, the forum move is gonna have us dealing with a lot of trolls and sockpuppets. And given the general disorder with such an event, people will need to be on their A-Game with reporting and watching.

I don't think we'll have too much trouble, but it's worth keeping in mind.

I deleted the image. Feel free to give him a warning.

Anyway, about Upgrade. I am really uncomfortable about the situation, as I think that we have treated him very unfairly.

Can somebody ask the administrators who commented earlier about Upgrade to take a look at his explanation posts? I would appreciate their help with this.

This happens literally all the time

Guy gets warned, does not listen, guy gets warned again, does not listen, guy gets banned, doesn't listen, guy gets banned infinitely, pretends to listen.

Keep him banned

I get the feeling that is he's not legitimately believing that, but that he is just ignorant to notice what wrongs with those claims, and just treat them as basic insults.

... Can i point out that JohnCenaNation used the Bundle of Sticks word in a insulting way in that screenshot he posted? Isn't Fandom Gunho when it comes to slurs like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back