• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ant

You've warned him twice, on September 30 and October 18 to remove his connection to Nazisim (his username), and he appears to be ignoring you. And jokes such as "it's always the Jews" are just straight up not good taste.

I'm in favour of a harsh, final warning or a short, week-long ban, either one will suffice.

What has he done?

He has been spamming "is that a Jojo references" in threads. But like everyone else said this isn't a violation of rules so we can't really do anything.

@All

I have blocked Swathing for 2 weeks, and TheFourthEmpire for 1 month.

@MYHERO

Well, spamming and trolling is against our rules, but it depends on how much of a nuisance he is trying to be.

Well, that sorta was his own message wall, he's entitled to goof around on that. I agree that the vandalisation was bad, but it looks like he was trying to make a joke.

Maybe warn him before dropping ye olde banhammer?

New, doesn't know the rules, trying to make a joke...

I can see that I'm not convincing y'all, so I'll drop it.

They have already been blocked, and nothing I say is gonna change that. If they're innocent, I guess they'll message staff on another wiki with an apology, and warnings/unblocking will happen

Anyway, like I said, we should stop talking about this

I didn't see it was their own Message Wall, sorry.

Though I do agree that a Perma Ban is a bit too harsh, maybe stick with the warning Prom gave them and ban if they don't show signs of improving?

I did stick with a warning rather than an instant ban for a reason, though I don't really mind either way.

If the first thing somebody does when coming to this wiki is to vandalise pages, they are almost always only here to troll, so I think that a ban seems appropriate.

I agree that something needs to be done, as his behavior is not only a constant in threads with him, but warnings have shown not to have an affect on him. He has been previously banned for a week or two if I recall, but even that did little in the long run.

Can somebody quote his offensive statements please? I personally don't particularly mind him. He has been argumentative, but not offensive, by my experience.

Udlmaster said:
Then do not asking me the same thing with different wording, you're acting insane.
Dargoo Faust said:
Calling me insane isn't really helping your case either, just saying.
Udlmaster said:
Do you know what the definition of insanity is?
The rest is just snark and sarcasm that I think is harmless, albeit a bit provocative. I will admit that my own tone didn't help the situation; although the above exchange wasn't warranted.

Hmm. It seems like a strict warning to make an effort to shape up, collaborate, and be constructive, or get blocked might be warranted then.

The problem is that, despite his hostile attitude, he is the only one with indepth knowledge about WoD, so the pages would end up in Limbo without his collaboration.

I would be tempted to agree with it just being some snark without accounting for Dargoo's comment, but accusing Og, the original thread maker, of lying and using semantics for his reasonings leaves me leaning into his behavior not getting better.

Still nothing worth something like a ban, just wanted to point it out.

@Dragonmasterxyz

Are you willing to give Udl a strict warning?

Ant. He has ALREADY received strict warnings and a small ban for doing this in the past. This is not a first offense.

Well, if we ban him for a longer time, I am not sure what we should do about the WoD pages.

In addition, he has defended me in the past, and always been respectful to me, so he does not seem like a bad guy.

He's getting banned for constantly ignoring warnings we've given to him in the past numerous times.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I would be tempted to agree with it just being some snark without accounting for Dargoo's comment, but accusing Og, the original thread maker, of lying and using semantics for his reasonings leaves me leaning into his behavior not getting better.
Sounds a lot like Firephoenixearl, who actually got away with that in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back