• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I guess it is possible if someone used a VPN and just happened to get her IP, or if someone else lives in her house or something. It is weird as **** though, considering she already uses other staff as mediums for the site making socks doesn't make much sense.

And I just want to add that changing an IP address is way too easy and internet companies change your IP automatically every month nowadays, so it's very likely she's under a different IP than what she was banned under.

Like I said, I don't know much about IP addresses but:

@Wok aren't there like, a billion possible IP addresses? Seems really unlikely that a troll would somehow get Aeyu's.

@Ogbung wouldn't that mean we've been IP banning the wrong people for years now?

It is really unlikely yeah, but it is still possible. If she connected through like an internet cafe or something that may be the cause for it too, but don't ahote me on that.

What can we even do about this though? It's not like we can give her some sort of super ban. If the IP is already blocked isn't that already all that we have the poeet to accomplish?

Look, I am almost certain that several of the banned Bleach fans from the old Discord group, who were blocked for similar reasons to Aeyu, have returned with new usernames. However, the same principle applies here: There isn't much that we can do about it without any evidence, as long as they do not cause any problems.

to clear up some things seeing as people don't know how or what a IP address is and or works

1. it is not possible to have two computers with the same ip address, unless it is someone using your router your ip address is unique and given by your provider, no one else in the world has it.

2. IP Bans are effective for people who don't want to take the time to use some sort of proxy, as they would need to use a proxy every single time they want to use it. hence it was effective this time Aeyu tried to make a sock, or she just wasn't aware that a ip ban was in place. The IP ban did occur and doesn't occur for no reason.

oh, and for the people curious about the maximum number of IP's available, you may or may not of heard of IPv4 and IPv6. amongst other things these generate IP addresses. using IPv4 the amount of possible ip addresses are 4.29 billion.

However that was a protocol from 35 years ago. We have since moved onto IPv6 and well.. the amount of ip addresses you can have is 340 undecillion IPv6 addresses, which looks like 340,282,366,920,938,463,463,374,607,431,768,211,456

Anyway I just wanted to make people aware of what happened so they can be vigilant.

Pretty sure automatic IP blocks happen if you access the wiki with the same IP, not just if you try to make a new account. Everyone who is ip blocked has their ip blocked at the exact same time; you can see this in Block List. They often get flagged and blocked multiple times. Aeyu probably just went on the wiki again and got her IP flagged.

So, you know. Stop trying to kick up a witch hunt.

Excuse me? ALL I was saying was that the block list showed she tried to make a new account and that we should be vigilant, jesus christ jump to conclusions much?

"This IP address was recently used by Aeyu" why would that come up when Aeyu's main acc is banned for 999 years? I don't think a block list would work like that otherwise it would just be spammed every single time they load the webpage.

Anyway this is derailing and people are aware now so we can drop this

I can go warn him about it.

Continued here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2761624

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back