• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby Rose vs Rapunzel (DONE)

You didn't undestand me. I was talking about the lightning she can call down, which is then hitting Rose. It's gonna be enough to bring her down from her flight, at least, and then she gets disintegrated.

Yes but she'd have to hit Ruby first, and from everything ive seen in OUaT Tremaine has never once lead with lightning

She "fought" only one time in all the series, and she simply disintegrated the fairy in question. I was then assuming she would try to bring Ruby down by using lightning, since it's one of the wand's powers and it would be very wise of her to use it in such a situation.

She's a strategist, do you remember?

If Ruby gets too close then Lady Tremaine should be able to just use heart extraction right? Doesn't that just ignore durability, because she isn't actually punching into the chest and grabbing the heart.

Hunterzillas said:
If Ruby gets too close then Lady Tremaine should be able to just use heart extraction right? Doesn't that just ignore durability, because she isn't actually punching into the chest and grabbing the heart.
No because she cant get past ruby's aura

Hunterzillas said:
It does, but it seems Ruby's aura can stop her from doing this.

@Weekly. Sorry, they were arguing that flight would give her and edge here, so...

WeeklyBattles said:
Hunterzillas said:
No because she cant get past ruby's aura
Why wouldn't it bypass?

@Own Yeah no, Pre-timeskip doesn't have flight here, she only got that after the timeskip when she mastered her semblance. The best she has here is pseudo-flight using her gun to propel herself and even then she actively has to get into the air via jumping or by jumping off of something.

To say that the Heart Extraction can bypass something like aura seem like NLF to me. Specifically when said aura is the manifestation of a soul.

I get strong attacks but like the material specifically of the heart extraction was just the human body and clothing, nothin like aura.

I haven't seen the attack in action recently, does the Heart Extraction act as a sort of phasing? If that's how it's seen as, then it should work on aura since aura has never shown to be resistant to that kind of attack.

If it's something else, well whatever.

Hunterzillas said:
I haven't seen the attack in action recently, does the Heart Extraction act as a sort of phasing? If that's how it's seen as, then it should work on aura since aura has never shown to be resistant to that kind of attack.

That's how it works

TheOwnMagic said:
Hunterzillas said:

That's how it works
Well with the rippling affects around his attack, it seems to be phasing into her chest. Plus we don't see a hole where the wound would theoretically be, so I'd say it should slip right past Ruby's aura.

Again, unless I'm missing something critical.

Because it's shown to not be able to bypass forcefields. Barriers are actually quite common in OUAT and never once has it been able to get past them.

But aren't those forcefields empowered by magic, and therefore more likely to resist magic?

EDIT* I guess techncially since attacks from Maiden's never one-shot the other characters that doesn't matter.

Also, do you have links to times the attack has been used on forcefields?

Actually, the power when well used can yes bypass forcefields, as seen when Pan was trying to remove Zelena's heart, even with her protection spell. Not saying Tremaine is well versed enough with said power to do this, albeit she could be.

Ruby also isnt dumb enough to stand still and let Tremaine just rip her heart out and Tremaine isnt versed enough in combat to be able to accurately land a heart rip on a moving target, let alone one that is contsantly blitzing around her in the form of rose petals.

No Ruby is still able to blitz around with her semblance pre-timeskip she just cant fly properly

She also can spam her rifle recoils to blitz around

Ruby pre-time skip isn't shown True Flight with her semblance, BUT. She IS seen strafing as well as propelling herself in quick bursts, making it very difficult to actually hurt her. Plus, gun recoil can somehow grant her flight, so it's not like she's totally grounded.

I vote Inconclusive, In-Character, Ruby stays at range if the opponent stays at range and enters close combat if the opponent enters close combat. So it's a matter of if Ruby can smash rapunzel out before she gets killed herself. And if she ever feels intimidated, she stays at range regardless of all the previous factors (Such as against the Nevermore, which she can't actually hurt properly by herself).

Back