• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ruby Rose (RWBY) vs. Papyrus (Undertale)

She can't, currently she literally has no control over the ability whatsoever, and the only time she even activated it was involuntarily after seeing one of her close friends be killed.

I know that, I just meant for the purposes of this fight.

Even if it likely wouldn't come into play normally, if she was already in the Silver Eyes state, and was suddenly fighting Papyrus, would that change the overall verdict from people on this thread?

If not, then there's nothing else to really discuss until an inevitable buff comes to Ruby.

I know people are saying that Pap would one shot, but they are wrong. He would technicaly two-shot (blue, then any attack at Ruby's dome piece). My votes for The Coolest Dude.

Just a quick question where did it come from that her silver eyes freezes people? It freezed a grimm, which do not have souls! It did nothing against Cinder other then maybe temporary blindness similiarly to a flashbang. Because otherwise she would have been frozen and defeated.

So my question is why do you guys think her silver eyes would have any effects at all on him? All it has showed is freezing grimm, no humans were affected. The legend about silver eyes say that they could stop grimm with glance. It says nothing about humans or otherwise it would have been said/hinted about in the show and as I said earlier it would have freezed cinder too, but it didn't.

I dont' really see what's up for debate here. papyrus isn't really a fighter. he has some decent attacks. and some special abilities such as locking you to the ground. but he really just isnt' a fighter. you could say he has "formal training" but undyne who is training him her self says he sucks at fighting. and would get torn to tiny smiling shreds in the middle of battle. he may be able to fight. but in this case hes almost garunteed to lose.

Typhlosion130 said:
I dont' really see what's up for debate here. papyrus isn't really a fighter. he has some decent attacks. and some special abilities such as locking you to the ground. but he really just isnt' a fighter. you could say he has "formal training" but undyne who is training him her self says he sucks at fighting. and would get torn to tiny smiling shreds in the middle of battle. he may be able to fight. but in this case hes almost garunteed to lose.
The matter of fact is that he has gravity manipulation as an skill which is the worst Ruby can come up against. Bullets will be ineffective against him, he can just blast her away or make her weapon too heavy for her to use and her h2h combat is practically non existent. Her would not help because of his soul magic that makes him able to ignore durabilities to an extents and in this case because of that her aura comes from her soul I will say it will be more effective than normal.

ProjectEmrys said:
Typhlosion130 said:
The matter of fact is that he has gravity manipulation as an skill which is the worst Ruby can come up against. Bullets will be ineffective against him, he can just blast her away or make her weapon too heavy for her to use and her h2h combat is practically non existent. Her would not help because of his soul magic that makes him able to ignore durabilities to an extents and in this case because of that her aura comes from her soul I will say it will be more effective than normal.
but he only has minor gravity manipulation. he's not like sans who can change it at will. he can make it force you down but that's about it. while his attacks ignore her external durabilities. they're still gennerally weak. (also are you sure they ignore her out side durability? I mean his attacks are affected by armor in game. well if you call a bandana armor. I just feel that there is a huge dissconnecte between the potency of weapons here, and her weapon is leagues above the bare minimum it could take to beat papyrus as frisk in game.

One, this fight is bloodlusted on both sides, no holding back.

Two, Undyne did not say Papyrus sucks at fighting, just that he is too nice. She even says he is pretty freaking tough. Again bloodlusted, no problem here.

Also, Papyrus' AP and Dura are Low 7-C while Ruby is only 8-A in both, better weapon or not, she isn't going to do much damage with her scythe alone.

He can literally only use blue attack, since Ruby will have no idea now to counter it, making it impossible to dodge until she stops moving. She might as well go fight already wounded. Papyrus wins

I'd just like to say that as of the Vol 4 trailer Ruby has a form of pseudo-flight through her semblance and should be able to just simply adjust to any gravity changes.

LordXcano said:
I'd just like to say that as of the Vol 4 trailer Ruby has a form of pseudo-flight through her semblance and should be able to just simply adjust to any gravity changes.
(would like to just state. this gravity is the reason frisk's soul can't float so that wouldn't be a helpfull factor. papryus doesn't change it up like sans per say but the effects seem to eliminate flight ftmp)

Cropfist said:
Pap's had 7 votes for some time, can I add this?
It has yo have seven more than the opponent. But since it hasn't been updated since i voted then you probably can.

Back