• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Zoro’s AP: 93.28 tons

Zoro’s Speed: Mach 24.9

Zoro's LS: Class M

Zodd's AP: 119.7 tons, higher in Apostle Form

Zodd's Speed: Mach 6.4 with Mach 33 Combat Speed and Reactions, higher in Apostle Form

Zodd's LS: Class 5 in regular form, Class 50 in Apostle Form

Zodd probably stomps, he's stronger, faster, more durable, can fly, can survive lethal wounds and regenerate any wounds Zoro could give him.

Zodd probably stomps, he's stronger, faster, more durable, can fly, can survive lethal wounds and regenerate any wounds Zoro could give him.
Don't think it's a stomp. The difference in AP between them is negligible, and Zoro has extremely high stamina that would allow him to continue fighting for a while. Zodd has never really shown any impressive stamina feats or been capable of enduring powerful attacks the way that Zoro has. Zoro also has RE and Information Analysis that would allow him to bridge the gap in strength between them and read Zodd's movements as they fight, and since Zodd is looking to fight strong opponents, he would probably let the fight drag on for a while to satisfy his urges. Besides, Zodd's regeneration has a limit, and Zoro could just cut Zodd's head off with his most powerful attacks.

Zodd heavily upscales from his value to the point it isn't even funny so the AP difference is rather substantial, Zoro has to tax Zodd's regeneration to the point he'd lose stamina which isn't going to happen because Zodd matches and possibly even surpasses Zoro in skill right now+he can fly. Zoro's only win condition is hoping Zodd likes him enough to drag on the fight lol.

Plus Zodd has higher reaction speed.

Doesn’t Zodd win in every relevant category?
Zodd doesn't win in stamina nor the Reactive Power Level that Zoro possesses. Zoro also has ranged attacks and heightened senses that allow him to react to attacks not in his line of sight.

Zodd doesn't win in stamina nor the Reactive Power Level that Zoro possesses. Zoro also has ranged attacks and heightened senses that allow him to react to attacks not in his line of sight.
Zodd does have more stamina than Zoro lmao, no idea what makes you think he doesn't when he scales relative to Guts in that category who definitely has better stamina than Zoro.

How fast does this RPL take place? I don't think Zodd is going to drag on the fight that long, so Zoro's RPL better be quick AF.

He has to get at a range to use said ranged attacks, something Zodd isn't going to let him do cause he can both fly and is faster.

Zodd has way more stamina than Zoro: Zodd has better injury tolerance,
while Zoro practically has no great stamina feats at this point in the series. Zodd's battle sense is greater than Zoro's basic enhanced senses, his RPL in the early series isn't that insane and isn't enough to overcome all the advantages Zodd has.

Hawk Wave wasn’t first used until Whiskey Peak though. And wasn’t Tatsumaki just Zoro slashing Hatchan and sending him flying to the sky?
The first key covers the begining of the series up to Alabasta, so hawk wave counts for this key.

No Tatsumaki is a ranged attack like it's always been.

The first key covers the begining of the series up to Alabasta, so hawk wave counts for this key.

No Tatsumaki is a ranged attack like it's always been.
This battle specifically uses East Blue Zoro. And I disagree about the Tatsumaki, but it is a pointless argument, seeing as it is one move. Zodd normally fights close quarters, as does Zoro, so my vote doesn’t change.

This battle specifically uses East Blue Zoro. And I disagree about the Tatsumaki, but it is a pointless argument, seeing as it is one move. Zodd normally fights close quarters, as does Zoro, so my vote doesn’t change.
No, the first key is called "East Blue Saga" but this key despite the name covers all the events I listed.

He can use hawk wave but neither will effect the outcome of this fight.

I forgot about Zodd's feat of throwing Guts a sword from several kilometers away with perfect accuracy, which in this case yes, that's a better feat than any of the senses that Zoro has displayed so far in the series. I also agree that Zodd's pain tolerance is much higher than Zoros, since he was completely unaffected by having his arm sliced off or when he was slashed across the chest by Guts. However, I think it's a stretch to automatically assume that Zodd has the same stamina as Guts does simply because he's comparable to Guts in strength and skill.

And it was mentioned above that Zoro had no notable stamina feats in the East Blue Saga. Did you forget about Mihawk injuring him so badly that it was estimated he'd take two years to recover, and continuing to fight against the Arlong Pirates and Hatchan despite this grievous wound, to the point that even Arlong, a Fish-Man who looks down on humans as inferior, believes that Zoro had to die due to how inhuman it was to continue fighting with such wounds? In addition, I think Zoro's three sword style might give him an advantage, as I'm sure that even Zodd has never encountered any enemies who use three swords in battle, so Zoro's fighting style might take him by surprise.

And it was mentioned above that Zoro had no notable stamina feats in the East Blue Saga. Did you forget about Mihawk injuring him so badly that it was estimated he'd take two years to recover, and continuing to fight against the Arlong Pirates and Hatchan despite this grievous wound, to the point that even Arlong, a Fish-Man who looks down on humans as inferior, believes that Zoro had to die due to how inhuman it was to continue fighting with such wounds? In addition, I think Zoro's three sword style might give him an advantage, as I'm sure that even Zodd has never encountered any enemies who use three swords in battle, so Zoro's fighting style might take him by surprise.
This would be endurance/pain tolerance for Zoro but in terms of stamina as in how long he can fight he's pretty featless.

Like Emin said, these feats just factor into Zoro being able to keep fighting despite his injuries. It's definitely good stamina and endurance, no doubt, but it doesn't really tell us anything regarding how long he can fight.
As for Zodd, I think he has endurance feats on this level as well. I mean, he completely shrugs off dismemberment on multiple occasions. He barely reacted to losing his arm and horn. He wasn't affected by getting stabbed, and if anything, he seemed to take pleasure in it. He also shrugged off getting burned by Ganishka's lightning.

And honestly, I think we can make a pretty safe inference for how long he can fight, too. He can last for the durations of entire battles given that we see him surrounded by piles of bodies after battles and whatnot, and lasting the duration of entire battles while fighting dozens to hundreds of opponents without breaking a sweat is definitely a Superhuman stamina feat.

If this fight happened in the One Piece universe, I guarantee that Zoro would win because of plot or some outside force would help him mid-battle, but in this case, I now agree that Zodd would win FRA.

Back