• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoro losing his swords doesn't exactly make him defenseless. He can fight without them, it's just that he has been displayed less effective with a lower number of swords (but this weakness basically vanished post time-skip). He can also take anything off the battlefield and make it into a black blade via Haki.

In his latest fight, he disarmed his opponent and used his scythe as a 3rd blade and coated it in Haki. He could do the same with a branch if he desperately needed to, or just go bare-handed, like he has before (during the Davy Back fight)

But due to the current reasonings, and some of Zoro's attacks basically being less effective, and the possibility of being disarmed also being present, I'm currently sitting on inconclusive.

While he wouldn't be defenseless, he'd be severely outclassed. And Machamp wouldn't let him get away before going all Star Platinum.

Hmmm, Zoro holds a big advantage over Machamp in terms of raw strength. Even if Machamp uses his Knock Off and disarm Zoro, as Cin pointed out, Zoro can use makeshift weapons and turn them into viable weapons to use and stall til he can relocate his swords and launch his attacks before Machamp has a next chance to disarm him again. With his Extrasensory Perception, he can quickly relocate his swords and fight back.

Machamp has his Stats Amps in Bulk Up to increase his strength and defense and Zoro has his own as well, albeit only his strength by increasing his muscles mass and Asura. Asura is a 3x multiplier so Zoro could easily have an opportunity to one shot if Machamp doesn't stop him quickly. Zoro has Accelerated Development so he could grow stronger as the fight proceeds.

Also, I heard that air blade attacks are counted as flying moves, which for Machamp, is unfortunate since Zoro tends to use those a lot, and start out with it as well. So, before Machamp could rush towards him and land a Knock Off, Zoro uses his air slash, and due to No Guard (Seriously, does the anime treat this ability like this), it won't missed and would be 'SUPER EFFECTIVE' on Machamp, severely harming him.

Well, that's really bad for him against a ranged air slash.

Zoro wouldn't kill it with one single slash unless he goes Asura and applies the technique (which he has never done), but Machamp would be severely weakened from that alone.

I think I'll switch to Zoro. Air slash is bad news for Machamp and he won't be able to keep Zoro afar from his swords much time. He'd need to break them, but that would be the case if he gets his hands on the swords.

I switch to Zoro as well. Zoro's air attacks will be deadly to a Fighting Type like Machamp. And it doesn't help that it will never miss due to Machamp's ability.

It might help that Zoro has some experience fighting multi-armed opponents, albeit it was only the one time and I doubt Hachi compares to Machamp in martial skill so it's not a great advantage.

I forgot about that one actually

From what I remember he wasn't too challenged during that arc, so I doubt he'd have needed to develop any strategies or countermeasures to combat a multi-armed fighting style. Though the same can be said of Hachi, given Zoro was already near-death from the Mihawk fight and still outclassed him.

KobsterHope07 said:
Hmmm, Zoro holds a big advantage over Machamp in terms of raw strength.
Does he? From what was said earlier in the thread, Machamp scales further above his feat than Zoro scales above his own, which are only about 1.6x apart. A single bulk up nullifies any strength/durability gap if that's the case.

Zoro can use makeshift weapons and turn them into viable weapons to use and stall til he can relocate his swords and launch his attacks before Machamp has a next chance to disarm him again.
How capable of a fighter is Zoro without his swords? If Machamp disarms him in CQC range, then Zoro has to deal with someone who has mastered every type of martial art and also can punch twice as much as usual due to his physiology. Zoro also doesn't have any defense for Dynamic Punch, a move that will confuse the opponent so much that they can end up hitting themselves, even if they're in the middle of being pummeled to death.

Zoro has Accelerated Development so he could grow stronger as the fight proceeds.
Has this made a significant impact in any of his fights before? Otherwise it won't matter much.

In terms of ranged combat, Machamp isn't helpless; how would Zoro deal with what is effectively a danmaku of piercing rocks being sent flying at him with the pinpoint precision that no guard gives Machamp?

Well, there's also Kaku who at some point in the fight was using both swords and legs to fight him. Zoro definitely has experience dealing with characters who uses more than two arms to fight. Even Daz Bonez used his whole body as a weapon.

> Does he? From what was said earlier in the thread, Machamp scales further above his feat than Zoro scales above his own, which are only about 1.6x apart. A single bulk up nullifies any strength/durability gap if that's the case.

Zoro scales above 838MT while Machamp scales above 500 something. So, I believe Zoro holds the lead. And don't forget that Zoro has his own AP amps in the form of his Gorilla technique and Asura. So, I still will argue that Zoro holds the AP advantage.

> How capable of a fighter is Zoro without his swords? If Machamp disarms him in CQC range, then Zoro has to deal with someone who has mastered every type of martial art and also can punch twice as much as usual due to his physiology. Zoro also doesn't have any defense for Dynamic Punch, a move that will confuse the opponent so much that they can end up hitting themselves, even if they're in the middle of being pummeled to death.

Zoro is decently well without a sword, can reproduce his Tatsumaki attack, though it would only blow away and not cut. Obviously, Zoro w/o swords doesn't have the skills to keep up with a healthy Machamp. Though, remember that Machamp's dangerous punches and the dreaded disarming Knock Off is short range. So, Zoro doesn't have to worry about them til Machamp is within striking range.

Zoro tends to starts off his battle with his Air Slash and this won't be a difference. And with No Guard, it will land and severely harm Machamp due to his typing. So by the time, Machamp gets into range, he would probably eaten several air slash.

> Has this made a significant impact in any of his fights before? Otherwise it won't matter much. In terms of ranged combat, Machamp isn't helpless; how would Zoro deal with what is effectively a danmaku of piercing rocks being sent flying at him with the pinpoint precision that no guard gives Machamp?

Zoro in his fight with Daz Bonez, went from being unable to cut him to one-shotting him within a few minutes. Zoro was easily ragdolled and destroyed by Base Lucci and Kaku, yet in the next instance he face them, less than 3 hours, he pressured hard on Kaku in his base and Transformation state. On Mihawk's Island, he was effortlessly picked apart by the Power Mimicry Humandrills, and in the next instance, he defeated every last of them easily.

So for the next part, Stone Edge is not a Danmaku and what can Zoro do here to dodge, he can't due to No Guard. Still won't stop him from shooting out his Air Slash. The difference will be that Zoro will feel pain from the stones and Machamp will feel a lot of pain from the slash (like 2x the damage).

How far above 838 MT does Zoro scale by? I'm not saying there isn't an AP gap, I'm saying that the AP gap isn't really that much and can be made up for by Machamp's advantage in sheer skill.

If his item gets knocked off, I don't think he'll be able to have enough time to recover to get a new sword. By the point where Zoro gets his sword knocked off, Machamp's already in CQC.

Cool feats.

I'll get a clip, but stone edge fires off hundreds of stones. So even if Machamp takes heavy damage from an air slash, Zoro will take even more damage due to the sheer amount of stones hitting and possibly piercing him.

Zoro FRA.

He possesses slightly more range. Furthermore if he needs to deal more damage, and take more hits, he'll use Haki to increase the stats of his swords both in attack power and defensively. Even he needs even more, Asura form. Preocog, even in a situation like this would be useful. If he can get a read on Machamp with that, even without it I feel like Machamp instantly gets less threatening.

Zoro, as stated, starts with air slashes, even spams them at time. Considering he isn't dumb, and realizes those do more than his regular strikes, he's likely to spam them. Considering he's fought H2H fighters (Luffy), and stalemated him, something like Machamp shouldn't be too much of a stretch, right? 3 Swords to 4 Arms.

Lastly, Zoro can take a lot of punishment, so even if Machamp has some significant hits in, Zoro will keep fighting via sheer force it will. Believe Zoro takes this, 6.7/10.

> How far above 838 MT does Zoro scale by? I'm not saying there isn't an AP gap, I'm saying that the AP gap isn't really that much and can be made up for by Machamp's advantage in sheer skill.

Like with Machamp, we don't know how far Zoro is above 838MT. He was easily cutting apart the Pica's Stone Golem like it was no nobody business.

> I'll get a clip, but stone edge fires off hundreds of stones. So even if Machamp takes heavy damage from an air slash, Zoro will take even more damage due to the sheer amount of stones hitting and possibly piercing him.

How's likely is Machamp is to Stone Edge, given it have no trainer? I always assume it to be Type to rush in for CQC before attempting long distance.

Meshifuari Arimota said:
So... can anyone count the current number of votes?
Votes:

Four Arms: (GyroNutz, HenryWong122, The real cal howard , Drite77) - 4

• I honestly know if Drite and Cal actually voted, but I counted them.

Three Swords: (The Calaca, PlumCrayfish376, Rei Rubro, ZackMoon1234, Schnee One, Meshifuari Arimota, Milly Rocking Bandit) - 7

Inconclusive: (CinCameron20) - 1

So let's assume they scale the same amount above their respective feats then I guess.

Considering it's the only ranged move it has against someone who spams air slashes, and that Machops like throwing rocks to attack and stone edge is an extreme version of that, I'd wager it's likely that Machamp will fire off a Stone Edge or two before going in for CQC.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Lastly, Zoro can take a lot of punishment, so even if Machamp has some significant hits in, Zoro will keep fighting via sheer force it will. Believe Zoro takes this, 6.7/10.
Pretty sure Machamp has statements of endless stamina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back