• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Romulus-Quirinus Profile

As i said again, we need to wait for his mats to come out so we know the context of how his nne live - roma edition work

Nine Lives - Roma:
The method of combat devised by the great hero of Greek mythology Heracles. Combat information transmitted by the war god Mars (Ares), who watched over his heroic battles ——— or alternatively, a sublimation in his new summoning of the lore related to Romulus in which “Heracles is his father”.

School Heracles · Roma Branch.

The battering of fist flashes resembling spears of light exterminates even lifeless monsters, and makes them gush out as a sparkle in the starry sky. A constantly active-type Noble Phantasm. It unleashes a battering of ardent light at the time of the True Name release

What this basically tells us is that Quirinus has the hand to hand capabilities of Heracles through Mars.

Man, I would love a Quirinus profile, but that sandbox has severe formatting issues.
I know it has issues, hence why I noted that it still needs work.

NP Description part 1: The method of combat devised by the great hero of Greek mythology Heracles.

Breakdown: In Greek mythology, it was said that the heroes Heracles and Theseus invented pankration as a result of using both wrestling and boxing in their confrontations with opponents. Theseus was said to have utilized his extraordinary pankration skills to defeat the dreaded Minotaur in the Labyrinth.

So that part is pretty much clear.

NP Description part 2: Combat information transmitted by the war god Mars (Ares), who watched over his heroic battles ——— or alternatively, a sublimation in his new summoning of the lore related to Romulus in which “Heracles is his father”.

Breakdown: This is referring to Heracles' knowledge being given to Quirinus as Mars, aka Ares, watched over Heracles' heroic battles and thus can give that knowledge directly to his son. Since it is constantly active, this knowledge is given much like one can access the internet. (This also means that Achilles' Bounded Field can sever that connection)

NP Description part 3: The battering of fist flashes resembling spears of light exterminates even lifeless monsters, and makes them gush out as a sparkle in the starry sky.

Breakdown: Quirinus can use pankration to kill by enveloping his fists in light and killing even the lifeless while making them sparkle like a star.

NP Description part 4: It unleashes a battering of ardent light at the time of the True Name release.

Breakdown: What it says is what happens. Ardent means passionate so this can be assumed to be the same color as Per Aspera Ad Astra and is used to strike the opponent when releasing its true name.

Where did you get that breakdown from? If its from just a assumption then i'm not convinced enough, so as i said again we need to wait for his mats to comes out so be patient

Regardless i already give Odysseus a green light, heck i also think we should just make Dioscuri profile too since everything about them was explained well and their feats are good enough too

Well, we still need the context of nine-live: roma edition work and the OP break down of it doesn't convinced me enough because all of that is just a asumption (at least for me)

A preliminary profile can be done with what happened in 5.2, after any formatting issues are dealt with. If anything needs to be changed after the fact, it can be done.

But no, I wouldn't say Quirinus has Heracles' combat style. Nine Lives is a highly flexible martial technique through which Heracles draws out the maximum power of any 'weapon' he might be holding, from swords, to bows, to lances, to shields, to even his own fists. It also shifts to the battle conditions required, from 9 Godspeed strikes for Anti-Unit uses, to 9 dragon-headed lasers for Anti-Phantasmal Beast, to even Anti-Fortress performance.

Nine Lives, Roma Style on the other hand, beyond outright saying that it is different from the added descriptor of "Roma Style", hasn't shown a single one of the traits I mentioned above. He's only shown using it barehanded, and it mainly consists of blasting flashes of light.

It is a nitpick at best, I am fairly aware of this, but saying Quirinus, by consequence, possess the specific technique of Heracles as we know it is impossible entirely. Not to mention, Pankration and Nive Lives aren't the same thing, nor anything indicates they are related.

No. These profiles should really be looked at and questioned before just adding.

But making a profile before the mats translation is not by it's lonesome an issue. Like with any profile, additions or modifications can be easily done after.

Honestly i don't want a servants profile with a baseless asumption so waiting for the mats is the best solution, but if that the case then i'm fine with it

There's no baseless assumption, though, if we just add from what happens in the story. Because, obviating the fact that the story is obviously canon, that's the standard procedure.

If later clarification justifies a change to the abilities and powers, then so it will be done. But there's no reason what we do know can't be used.

A preliminary profile can be done with what happened in 5.2, after any formatting issues are dealt with. If anything needs to be changed after the fact, it can be done.

But no, I wouldn't say Quirinus has Heracles' combat style. Nine Lives is a highly flexible martial technique through which Heracles draws out the maximum power of any 'weapon' he might be holding, from swords, to bows, to lances, to shields, to even his own fists. It also shifts to the battle conditions required, from 9 Godspeed strikes for Anti-Unit uses, to 9 dragon-headed lasers for Anti-Phantasmal Beast, to even Anti-Fortress performance.

Nine Lives, Roma Style on the other hand, beyond outright saying that it is different from the added descriptor of "Roma Style", hasn't shown a single one of the traits I mentioned above. He's only shown using it barehanded, and it mainly consists of blasting flashes of light.

It is a nitpick at best, I am fairly aware of this, but saying Quirinus, by consequence, possess the specific technique of Heracles as we know it is impossible entirely. Not to mention, Pankration and Nive Lives aren't the same thing, nor anything indicates they are related.
I am aware this is months late, life kept me busy, but I do wish to contest that. In the Noble Phantasm page for Nine-Lives, we get the description for Nine-Lives Roma. And your nitpick is immediately put to rest.

"The method of combat devised by the great hero of Greek mythology Heracles. Combat information transmitted by the war god Mars (Ares), who watched over his heroic battles ——— or alternatively, a sublimation in his new summoning of the lore related to Romulus in which “Heracles is his father”."

The method of combat that is being referred to here is Pankration, and only two Heroic Spirits would even have a connection with it in the first place: Hercules and Perseus. Then it goes on to say that the battles Hercules was in was watched over by Ares (now Mars) is being transmitted as combat information to Romulus-Quirinus. The alternative is debunked as R-Q says Hercules is not his father as he still recognizes Mars as his father. The reason why he uses it barehanded is because Pankration is a mixed martial art and CQC or hand to hand combat is a part of that.

Back