• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Could the road to ninja movie be considered canon or is it that it contains canon content in it?
Because i have been seeing solid arguments that it could fit into the Naruto timeline so i was wondering?

Why?
It was directed directly by Kishimoto and even had an entire databook made for it which is only done for canon material
The first reason is that it's never brought up in the manga, and the second is the lack of logical consistency.

In the movie, Naruto knows who both of his parents are and he also recognized Killer Bee, but at the same time, he couldn't go into Kyuubi Chakra Mode and was on bad terms with Kurama in general. It makes no sense for it to fit in anywhere in the timeline.

Could the road to ninja movie be considered canon or is it that it contains canon content in it?
Because i have been seeing solid arguments that it could fit into the Naruto timeline so i was wondering?
Containing canon content doesn't make it canon. Anime adaptation contain canon characters from the manga, that doesn't make them canon. If you could provide evidence that it fits in the timeline it would be considered.

even had an entire databook made for it which is only done for canon material
There a databook scans that say Temari can blow away the universe, or that Kurama could burn the planet inti ash.
or is it that it contains canon content in it?
It also contains Naruto, a canon character. Boom canonicity solved.

Jokes aside, no it is not canon, as it doesnt mesh well with the timeline and actively contradicts it.

There a databook scans that say Temari can blow away the universe, or that Kurama could burn the planet inti ash.
The Temari scan is a mistranslation, it’s supposed to say something along the lines of “blows the world away”, which clearly means shocking the world, not literally destroying it.

I thought this was common knowledge by now, but apparently not.

The Kurama statement is also mistranslated iirc, the word translated as Earth would mean the ground in that context, not the entire planet.

Last edited:
I was being sarcastic. But nice ignoring my actual point, and going after what was meant to be a joke i wrote at like 2am. Classy.

There was like, nothing indicating that it was supposed to be a joke. And I don’t think RtN is canon so I dunno what makes you think I’m “ignoring” your actual point, I’m just clearing up misinformation.

There was like, nothing indicating that it was supposed to be a joke. And I don’t think RtN is canon so I dunno what makes you think I’m “ignoring” your actual point, I’m just clearing up misinformation.
I think the last portion of the comment was suppose to insinuate it was a joke, based on the "Jokes aside" part of the comment.

That's a promotional one shot released around 8 months before the film even came out.

Already been brought up above

"Jokes aside" kek
Yeah, its promotional and part of the manga so its canon to the manga

The first reason is that it's never brought up in the manga, and the second is the lack of logical consistency.

In the movie, Naruto knows who both of his parents are and he also recognized Killer Bee, but at the same time, he couldn't go into Kyuubi Chakra Mode and was on bad terms with Kurama in general. It makes no sense for it to fit in anywhere in the timeline.
He didn't recognise Killer Bee and him knowing who his parents are isn't a contradiction

He didn't recognise Killer Bee and him knowing who his parents are isn't a contradiction
Naruto knowing who his Dad is making sense if this is after Pain Arc. However, he only meets his mother after he takes power from Kurama during the War Arc. Before he meets Tobi/Obito, the war is not brought up and in the movie he never uses the cloak. That should mean he never met his mother, but he knew who she was immediately after seeing her.

Last edited:
Naruto knowing who his Dad is making sense if this is after Pain Arc. However, he only meets his mother after he takes power from Kurama during the War Arc. Before he meets Tobi/Obito, the war is not brought up and in the movie he never uses the cloak. That should mean he never met his mother, but he knew who she was immediately after seeing her.
He didn't even meet Kushina in the war arc, she appeared randomly in his mind in the War Arc

It could mean that Naruto does know who Kushina was as she's stuck inside his head, and don't you think Naruto would be able to tell based on how she looks?
Ok I think your misunderstood, Road to Ninja I am arguing that Road to Ninja is not canon because:

1. Naruto met Kushina in his mind during the War Arc AND took Chakra from Kurama right afterward with Kurama literally hating Naruto's guts the most possible.

2. Naruto then enters Obito's Tsukiyomi world and sees Minato and Kushina recognizing them.

That means this Movie is taking place during the War Arc after Naruto obtain KCM1. However, that creates a contradiction because before they enter the Tsukuyomi World, Naruto and Sakura were in the Leaf Village relaxing with no signs of a war happening. At the same time, Naruto never uses KCM1 in the Movie and instead gets help from Kurama extremely easily, which makes no sense since Kurama SHOULD hate Naruto the most atm.

Those are blatant contradictions that show the movie is non canon.

Ok I think your misunderstood, Road to Ninja I am arguing that Road to Ninja is not canon because:

1. Naruto met Kushina in his mind during the War Arc AND took Chakra from Kurama right afterward with Kurama literally hating Naruto's guts the most possible.

2. Naruto then enters Obito's Tsukiyomi world and sees Minato and Kushina recognizing them.

That means this Movie is taking place during the War Arc after Naruto obtain KCM1. However, that creates a contradiction because before they enter the Tsukuyomi World, Naruto and Sakura were in the Leaf Village relaxing with no signs of a war happening. At the same time, Naruto never uses KCM1 in the Movie and instead gets help from Kurama extremely easily, which makes no sense since Kurama SHOULD hate Naruto the most atm.

Those are blatant contradictions that show the movie is non canon.
I'll rewatch that movie and show

"The manga ain't canon to the manga"
A promotional one-shot doesn't have to be "the manga". This is of course not always the case, but the burden of proof would be on you to prove the promotional one-shot is canon to the manga to begin with. Otherwise, you'd be presenting a false dichotomy.

There are one-shots that aren't and are canon to manga's, and if a one-shot is made specifically as promotional material for a movie that can be argued as non-canon, it's even harder to overcome that burden on you.

This isn't to say I'm opposed to the promotional one-shot being canon, after all, I know absolutely nothing about Naruto. Haven't read a single one of the Manga's. Just thought I'd chime in on this smart-aleck comment. 🙏

A promotional one-shot doesn't have to be "the manga". This is of course not always the case, but the burden of proof would be on you to prove the promotional one-shot is canon to the manga to begin with. Otherwise, you'd be presenting a false dichotomy.

There are one-shots that aren't and are canon to manga's, and if a one-shot is made specifically as promotional material for a movie that can be argued as non-canon, it's even harder to overcome that burden on you.

This isn't to say I'm opposed to the promotional one-shot being canon, after all, I know absolutely nothing about Naruto. Haven't read a single one of the Manga's. Just thought I'd chime in on this smart-aleck comment. 🙏
The promotional one shot is just a chapter of the manga which would obviously be canon to the manga

The promotional one shot is just a chapter of the manga which would obviously be canon to the manga
I own a manga that has a chapter dedicated to a one-shot, and it isn't even canon to the rest of the manga. Yes, even if part of a volume itself, that isn't enough evidence that the chapter in question is canon. Especially so if it's promotional (to something that's debatably non-canon) as the intent is to get you to watch said film. Which again, can be a non-canon film. It being crammed between other chapters only serves as supplementary evidence at best, it doesn't stand as a basis. Here are other things that should be considered. Does the one-shot take place immediately after the chapter prior that wasn't a promotional one-shot, does the chapter after take place directly after it? That would add more credence to the claim.

I own a manga that has a chapter dedicated to a one-shot, and it isn't even canon to the rest of the manga. Yes, even if part of a volume itself, that isn't enough evidence that the chapter in question is canon. Especially so if it's promotional (to something that's debatably non-canon) as the intent is to get you to watch said film. Which again, can be a non-canon film. It being crammed between other chapters only serves as supplementary evidence at best, it doesn't stand as a basis. Here are other things that should be considered. Does the one-shot take place immediately after the chapter prior that wasn't a promotional one-shot, does the chapter after take place directly after it? That would add more credence to the claim.
listen King is a known troll and stonewaller. Just ignore him, we both know we're right and that an upgrade based on that logic would never go through, so its fine.

listen King is a known troll and stonewaller. Just ignore him, we both know we're right and that an upgrade based on that logic would never go through, so its fine.
I've seen what they're like. While I think at times he can definitely come off as condescending and he definitely appears to act like a know-it-all, I don't think his arguments should be completely dismissed on attrition of being a "troll". I just wanted to clarify from a completely unbiased point of view on why a promotional one-shot manga isn't inherently canon. Even if crammed in-between chapters of the official novelization. From the looks of it, he had nothing to say about my last comment, so I presume he decided to actually do some critical thinking. Hopefully, he comes back and is more constructive because of it.

I will say, the way he stonewalls is annoying sometimes, but I still don't think that means their points should be discredited based on being known as one, or even for clogging a thread a little. If it gets to a point of being tedious and unnecessarily long back and forth banter, then yea, just ignore them and take advantage of the numbers to get stuff over with. Not worth dealing with one person for like 10 pages, lol.

If I were you, I would've started with that as opposed to it's just in the manga. If I were you, I'd get scans of the ending of the prior chapter, a picture of the beginning of the one-shot, a picture of the end of the chapter, and a picture of the beginning of the next chapter and send it here as proof so they'll believe you. People believe things better with tangible evidence as opposed to claims.

Back