• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
InfiniteSped said:
It takes some seconds to complete, but the target is paralyzed while it happens iirc. Could take more time depending on how much Karma one has.

Does he still get the speed amp if the opponent resists the time stop?
Even if paralyzed, I think Rimuru may still have an option / have the ability to counter or counter attack. I think if Rimuru is able to counter attack while being in a situation where his death is imminent, he (and by definition Ciel is recommending this option) might counter attack with an out of control Void God Azathoth, which would be considered to be a final resort, which could be a One Shot/AP MisMatch Stomp for Rimuru.

I have a question about Karma Severing. All sources I found said it severs the target's Karma from everything else, thus erasing the target from existence. If the target is something with multiple clones, all clones will be destroyed (source?). However, Allheaven wasn't destroyed when his clone was killed.

Unless I'm reading wrong, nowhere does it say that if the target is a clone, the main body is affected. Logically, that means the clone dies and the clone's connection to the main body is severed, while the main body is intact without memories of the clone.

TypeAxiom said:
I have a question about Karma Severing. All sources I found said it severs the target's Karma from everything else, thus erasing the target from existence. If the target is something with multiple clones, all clones will be destroyed (source?). However, Allheaven wasn't destroyed when his clone was killed.
Unless I'm reading wrong, nowhere does it say that if the target is a clone, the main body is affected. Logically, that means the clone dies and the clone's connection to the main body is severed, while the main body is intact without memories of the clone.
Another ISSTH reader, called EdenSux, asked me the same thing above, and I replied. But to make things easier for you, here's what I told him :

"That depends on the intention. Meng Hao didn't use Karmic Severing/Sealing to kill Allheaven's clone, (Clones are Independent anyway the death of one by "natural" means would have nothing on the True Body, heck Meng Hao went around making his clones explode at some point), and even if he did back then the Original was still way stronger, so he would have resisted.

On the other hand, when he severed the clone's karma to the Multiverse, Allheaven, who was outside the Multiverse was also affected by that, and couldn't enter the Vast Expanse anymore.

Hopefully that helped :)."

Quotes :

"Severing someone's Karma with Karmic Severing would result in their complete and utter death. It didn't matter if the victim had numerous clones; any memories that existed of the victim in anyone's mind would be blotted out. By erasing the image of the person in everyone's mind, even if that person still lived on somewhere, they would be dead. "

Forget about harming originals via clones, the quote above and Allheaven's true body being affected by Meng's karmic severing when the target was the clone, here's Meng Hao harming someone via his Illusory Projection :

"Shockingly, Meng Hao's Karmic Hexing had been developed to the pinnacle. In its current state... he could use Karma Threads to connect the illusory with the corporeal! In the briefest of instants, he could cause the illusory and the corporeal to transpose! Hurt the illusory, damage the true self! Between the illusory and the corporeal... exists Karma!"
The damage was also transferred to the true body :

"Nine Heavens Destruction!" His face was expressionless as he uttered the name of the technique!
Booms could be heard as the illusory body was shattered. A miserable shriek rang out, a shriek filled with disbelief and wild astonishment. Simultaneously, back in the Immortal's cave, Long Tianhai sat there cross-legged, blood spewing out of his mouth. His chest was ruptured, collapsed, nine times in a row, until his entire person exploded.''

So to clarify, Karmic Severing kills the clone, and then another "hurt clone hurt body" ability comes into play to affect the body?

Could the Allheaven severing thing be attributed to the only "anchor" he has to the Multiverse being the clone and thus severing clone severs the anchor, so to say? Since he was outside of the multiverse in the first place.

It depends again, on who the target is, and the intention. As this is derailing (the match is finished anyway but you know), we can continue this in my wall.

No need to start speculating that. It was clear and simple : Meng Hao also severed Allheaven's Karma to the VE via his clone. Occam's razor. You can consider him an "anchor" or whatever, but he affected the original body's karma via his clone.

Back