• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

It was PreCrisis composite Superman

I know that, I'm just saying that there's more than one version of Superman, and a good chunk of them are weaker than goku.

No, why? Rick vs Goku isn't particularly controversial.

It's simply that it was being derailed towards Goku vs Superman which is indeed banned

How is this even an argument? Rick may have numerous dangerous abilities but Goku is a Martial Artist trained since he could walk by every god in his universe who is a genius with an intellect beyond what most believe him to have. I suppose, Goku would lose horribly if he is in-character and lets his guard down but if this were bloodthirsted, even equalised speed wouldn't save Rick from Goku's terrifying training and genius mind. Really, Rick would lose to Goku in a science-off considering Goku is a genius beyond the level of Bulma and his scientist father.

But no seriously. Any argument that even begins to try and defend the concept of Rick defeating Ultra Instinct Goku (even if speed is equalised) is laughable at best and disappointingly awful at worst. You are comparing a super genius with insane technology to a guy that can instantly detect and dodge anything and equalised speed means absolutely nothing in comparison to durability and strength feats, which Goku surpasses Rick in every regard.

Comparing Rick to Goku is also absurd when Rick is akin to Batman in the sense that they are both characters that scale with prep-time and their tools so threads using characters like Rick should better explain what capabilities they have and what tools they are specifically using.

CryoTheMayo said:
How is this even an argument? Rick may have numerous dangerous abilities but Goku is a Martial Artist trained since he could walk by every god in his universe who is a genius with an intellect beyond what most believe him to have. I suppose, Goku would lose horribly if he is in-character and lets his guard down but if this were bloodthirsted, even equalised speed wouldn't save Rick from Goku's terrifying training and genius mind. Really, Rick would lose to Goku in a science-off considering Goku is a genius beyond the level of Bulma and his scientist father.
But no seriously. Any argument that even begins to try and defend the concept of Rick defeating Ultra Instinct Goku (even if speed is equalised) is laughable at best and disappointingly awful at worst. You are comparing a super genius with insane technology to a guy that can instantly detect and dodge anything and equalised speed means absolutely nothing in comparison to durability and strength feats, which Goku surpasses Rick in every regard.
There has never been a more bull$h!t in one sentence.

@BruceTheBatman that sentence is incorrect; Rick is super smart and Bulma pales in comparison to him. But I still think Goku wins.

Anyway, here is my take on it:

Rick with prep is very dangerous. However, we don't know the full extent of Goku's abilities in UI form. He can dodge almost anything in that form and his attacks can wipe out an entire universe if he tries (He stomps Kefla who can also wipe out a Universe) but on the other hand, Rick is extremely smart and has a very high AP with prep, but Goku has an advantage in both durability and speed(even though it's equalized, he can still dodge).

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Goku has really no defence against Spatial Manipulation... Or against being Transmutated... Or Mind Controlled... Or reduced into particles... Or against Memory hax... Or One Hit Kill with a touch... And even if he kill rick, there's that Type 6 Immortality... I'm not sure if this is a stomp or not, but Rick gets this.

Goku (as Vegito) stomped Buuhan even when turned into a candy. Vegeta was also able to resist being mind controlled by Babidi. Not sure about his resistance to being 'reduced to particles' I'd say that, as a ki user, he'd have some defence to that but I'm not sure. Also, we don't know if Rick has resistance to Hakai (Existence Erasure) but Goku does (he was in his base form when he got hit with the Energy of Destruction ball). Also, if we include the manga, Goku can use Existence Erasure on Rick (he managed to erase Zamasu, a being with Type 4 immortality, 25% before Zamasu used a human shield) but we don't know how Rick can cope with that.

It's a close one, but I think Goku takes it (barely).

Rick matches are trash honestly. He already has a plethora of votes and people are claiming mismatch or whatever, so I'm closing this and letting the admins do whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back