• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revision Recruitment: Help Needed

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
As many of you already know, there has been a lot of discussio regarding the legitimacy and consistency of Tier 4 and 3 (and High 5-A)'s energy values. We have gotten it all sorted out, but a big revisions will be required.

In short, all pages from Large Planet level+ to Universe level will need to be checked for calculations. If a calculation is present, it must be checked against the new energy ratings, as many of the ratings have moved up or down, with some presenting significant changes. A general summary of what moved up or down can be found here, with the full new energy chart here. A brief table of characters we know for certain need changing can be found here.

This will most likely take a lot of time, and as such we need to know when any help will be available to pull off this revision as quickly as possible.

TLDR: Big revisions. When can you help out?

Bleach and Naruto revisions are ending, so you're going to get some help after that.

That's all I can say for now.

I might be able to help, but given RL issues I'm starting to get I'll see what I'll be able to do when the time comes.

Question though, why would the Guilty Gear characters get changed? Their calc is over 10x base High 4-C (~12 tenakilotons).

I think I'll be able to help whenever, unless something comes up.

So PaChi and ALRF are availible this week, and the other big revisions are ending. Should we wait for a larger break (Spring/Summer break) or will doing it soon be plausible? I'm not sure how many pages need direct changing as of now.

If it isn't that many it shouldn't be that bad.

I can use AWB to take care of the basic changes (thanks to the list by Blue, assuming it's accurate). I don't really think 3-C to 3-A needs to be checked as thoroughly...I only know like 6 calcs on that level, and I don't think any of them is actually used.

Darkanine said:
I can use AWB to take care of the basic changes (thanks to the list by Blue, assuming it's accurate). I don't really think 3-C to 3-A needs to be checked as thoroughly...I only know like 6 calcs on that level, and I don't think any of them is actually used.
Yeah, I know. It's not worth checking them. For the literal several calculations at that level, the likelyhood of any of them being on the edge of moving up for down is absolutely minuscule.

I can help out this week. Going to be busy afterwards so I'd still be able to help but not as much

It seems most of us can help this week?

And I dont think I will have "spring break" this year. Exams schedule and stuff.

As usual, I am too busy taking care of the regular wiki work to help out with this revision project. My apologies.

However, we need somebody to organise all available members into groups with specific tasks once we get started.

It is probably also best if we finish the Naruto and Bleach revisions first.

I am able to help. Unlike most of you, my holidays haven't even started. I will be free for the next month. I have "Lunar New Year" break here in Hong Kong.

My apologies, but it is probably best if only the staff handles these types of important revisions.

i'm getting school shit and tests so i don't think I can help though i wish i can. I'll try to help if I can make time

So we have a lot of people open this week. Perhaps we should organize this right now?

We need a lot more help for such a massive revision, and only a few staff members have responded so far. Previous projects have taken months to properly prepare. Everybody need to be informed, and 20+ or so preferably available to help out.

We have to show some patience regarding this. There is no great hurry.

I might be available on Wednesday? If we've resolved to use our current energy values, I can probably get started... unless people would rather me pitch in with the Naruto/Bleach revisions.

ThePerpetual said:
I might be available on Wednesday? If we've resolved to use our current energy values, I can probably get started... unless people would rather me pitch in with the Naruto/Bleach revisions.
Looks like we're waiting until Summer break.

We first have to finish the Naruto and Bleach revisions, and then find a period of time when a lot of staff is available, so the summer break is usually a good time, but unfortunately that is several months from now.

It is also important that all of the staff members get informed, so it is probably a good idea to politely notify them about this tread via their message walls.

Eventually all of the available staff members also have to be organised into teams, but that is for later.

Well, the Naruto revisions only have a few things left to discuss before ending. After that, I can give you guys a hand, as always.

Thank you for the offer. Although it is best if a large part of the staff are available to help out. We cannot dump such a massive task on just a few individuals.

Is anybody willing to inform all of the VS Battles Staff members (other than DarkLK) about this thread on their message walls?

Back