• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revising Toei Zamasu's Immortality

Future Zamasu:
Fusion Zamasu:

Last edited:
The original justification was "Mid-High; as an immortal, should be superior to Cell and Buu" with nothing to back it up. If this were the case, Garlic Jr. would also have Mid-High Regeneration for being an immortal.

Kido calls Fusion Zamasu a "cheat" character by Dragon Ball standards which would include Cell and Majin Buu, but never explicitly mentions them, which is why it's "At least Mid, likely far higher" instead of "At least Mid, likely Mid-High" or just straight up Mid-High.

Fusion Zamasu:
    • Weaknesses: Due to being a fusion of a mortal and an immortal being, Fusion Zamasu's immortality is compromised and his regeneration is far slower, even showing signs of pain. After accumulating too much damage, his body began to tear itself apart rather than healing, and this became even worse after he entered his Grotesque form, with his body breaking down and becoming increasingly more corrupted as he continued to fight. Through anger, he began to grow in his Grotesque form, lowering his speed but increasing his power significantly.
Fused Zamasu's Groteque form isn't related to the damage he recieves. According to Gowasu, Zamasu's Grotesque form as the result of the balance between his soul and body becoming more and more unstable,, and the more Fused Zamasu's mental state deteriorates, so does his body and his regeneration

His Grotesque form isn't more powerful than his regular form (aside from when he uses his power stressed form) as Goku manages to hit Zamasu in his corrupted state and break his barrier of light with SSJB Kaioken.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with this CRT, but I just wanted to note this thing about Zamasu

I disagree with Invulnerability based on some recent redefinitions on that power; where it's basically the inverse of durability negation. It's attack potency nullification that's only given to characters via lore and makes them immune to all conventional attacks regardless of tier save for stuff like high up Tier 1 and above. And there are specific categories of Invulnerability too. But long story short, we need to be extra cautious when applying it and it shouldn't be mixed up with characters who just happen to be very durable.

But the rest looks good.

I disagree with Invulnerability cause it more like he just simply regenated so fast that we don't see the damage done to him, and the dialogue line is just figurative speech. Most of the time when he got hit by an attack we just saw a huge smoke and a long timeframe before we saw his body again, he could just simply regen in that timeframe. When SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta return to the future with Gowasu and Shin (i forgot what ep), SSB Goku punch did make him got scratched before disappear, that not Invulnerability, just fast regen, like Dante and Vergil regen speed.

And i agree with the rest

Bump. Also Zamasu lifting strength should be looked at and why does half he's body have resistance to stuff?

I disagree with Invulnerability based on some recent redefinitions on that power; where it's basically the inverse of durability negation. It's attack potency nullification that's only given to characters via lore and makes them immune to all conventional attacks regardless of tier save for stuff like high up Tier 1 and above. And there are specific categories of Invulnerability too. But long story short, we need to be extra cautious when applying it and it shouldn't be mixed up with characters who just happen to be very durable.

But the rest looks good.
I agree with you

I think this is left of type 5 immortality and weakness to apply to profiles? New threads that have other bullet points have covered this thread, thus unknowingly leaving some of this left up for discussion.

Back