• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revised Cthulhu Mythos Outer God Profiles + Some other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's that image from for the Outer Gods? We have rules against non-official art.

those images where from there current profiles, so im not sure.

I dont think theres 'official art' for the Outer Gods, and pretty much every CM profile atm uses fanart iirc, although I can try crediting the images on the pages that use fanart, yea
Are we ever going to get a reason for Outer God's Transduality and Acausality?
It goes along with them existing in the ultimate void, the note links to the page explaining that place's nature

The Outer Gods existing in such a place should though, no? especially considering they are relatively unbound by the rules and restrictions of reality.

"Exists in the Ultimate Void, a changeless, absolute totality beyond all perspectives that likewise transcends all conceptions of being, size, and boundaries, holding the entire cosmos as nothing but an atom in its genuine and ultimate infinity, residing beyond a vast hierarchy of "limitless vacua beyond all thought and entity" that correspond to increasingly deeper and more abstract perceptions of infinity in a world of pure dreams that lies completely beyond infinite-dimensional spacetime."

The Outer Gods existing in such a place should though, no? especially considering they are relatively unbound by the rules and restrictions of reality.

"Exists in the Ultimate Void, a changeless, absolute totality beyond all perspectives that likewise transcends all conceptions of being, size, and boundaries, holding the entire cosmos as nothing but an atom in its genuine and ultimate infinity, residing beyond a vast hierarchy of "limitless vacua beyond all thought and entity" that correspond to increasingly deeper and more abstract perceptions of infinity in a world of pure dreams that lies completely beyond infinite-dimensional spacetime."
Still has nothing to do with dualities or multi-valued logic, and also has nothing to do with Cause and Effect/Causality.

All revised Outer God profiles

didn't exactly change much, just added refs, bolded the p&a to make it easier to see in the sea of blue, and added some relatively minor abilties that should be fairly self explanatory.

Remade Hypnos Profile

Self-explanatory.
Stamina and LS for the outer gods as a whole should probably have justifications

Nyar should have actual LS and speed in his avatar key beyond "Varies"

Hypnos should probably have speed and stamina justifications in his Astral Plane key

Other then that I have no reason to disagree

Bro literally doesn't read the place being "beyond all perspectives that transcends all conceptions of being, size and boundary" kewl.
That still does not qualify for non-duality, at most, it can be considered physical oneness, whether or not that includes dualities such as Life or Death, Day and Night, etc is unknown. So perhaps Transduality Type 1 is a possibility.

And none of that has anything to do with Cause and Effect.

Yeah I'll just watch and let ya'll sort this out, consider me neutral on the current debate because that ain't my specialty, have fun!

Are we ever going to get a reason for Outer God's Transduality and Acausality?
There's a bunch of quotes about duality in both written stories and letters but I would have to go fish for them. One argument is that since the Outer Gods define the laws of all worlds (see Hypnos) they would have a claim on duality, but again I would have to check the notes.

As for the thread, looks good for the most part except the Azathoth dream part which has been debunked. It's way too vague to use without any extended universe material

There's a bunch of quotes about duality in both written stories and letters but I would have to go fish for them. One argument is that since the Outer Gods define the laws of all worlds (see Hypnos) they would have a claim on duality, but again I would have to check the notes.
Well since this is a revision there is no better place for it. The main reason I'm bringing this up is that the Cthulhu Mythos is one of the main examples of Acausality Type 5 on the Wiki. But you go to their pages and there is literally no explanations for anything.

Which I find quit weird considering how harsh staff are on the additions of that ability and Transduality is for every other verse.

Well since this is a revision there is no better place for it. The main reason I'm bringing this up is that the Cthulhu Mythos is one of the main examples of Acausality Type 5 on the Wiki. But you go to their pages and there is literally no explanations for anything.

Which I find quit weird considering how harsh staff are on the additions of that ability and Transduality is for every other verse.
Iirc Ultima gave partial reasoning in the original CRT two years ago. But it could definitely be worked upon

Format wise the profiles look really good. But in terms of P&A justifications, I can't comment much since I'm not that big of an expert in CM, but they do seem to make sense from what I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back