• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resistance to poison manip.

Shouldnt all characters that eat a lot of sugar have resistance to poison?
Sugar is stated to be a drug and poison

Tbh I don't think I have Resistance to Poison Manipulation, nor that a fictionnal character should.

Tbh I don't think I have Resistance to Poison Manipulation
normal humans usually dont have resistance to it, a lot of ppl can die due sugar and it affect the body, however, most of fictional characters arent affected by it, they should have

This is on of those hyper realistic things that requires the verse to acknowledge it in the first place.

You can die by potassium poisoning by eating hundreds of bananas of by water poisoning to drink excessively high quantities of water, and so on with many foods and more.

Isn't this the same with literally anything you can consume though? In high enough amounts, anything is poisonous, even water for example.

I don't think it needs to be listed, it would serve like no purpose.

Ninja'd

You can die by potassium poisoning by eating hundreds of bananas of by water poisoning to drink excessively high quantities of water, and so on with many foods and more.
Yeah, and fictional characters usually arent affected by it, it should be resistance to poison, thats my point, yeah

With that reasoning you should give body control, elasticity or more to all characters who perform superhuman acrobatic maneuvers, all characters who are FTL wouldn't see anything, you can pull off literally hundreds of examples out of this logic.

These things are overly specific and purposedly ignored 99.9% of the times, you can't assume they are always valid by default.

With that reasoning you should give body control, elasticity or more to all characters who perform superhuman acrobatic maneuvers,
Eh? Not really, humans can do it as well, there has a lot of ppl doing it on party/circus or something

Eh? Not really, humans can do it as well, there has a lot of ppl doing it on party/circus or something
I said superhuman, you will not find anybody doing the same stuff characters do in fighting games, Dragon Ball and so on, moving in a way that would break your bones and joints because they are physically impossible to perform.

Or even swinging around weapons that weight several tons without flying away, you can't assume all characters have gravity manipulation to keep them on the ground or self-densitiy to make them so heavy to not fly away.

This is an over application of the laws of physics and reality in fiction.

Seems just Aura, and maybe Energy Manipulation

characthers that eat a lot of C12H22O11 have basically another blood, i belive it would be more than resistance to poison

I included laws of reality for a reason, but sugar is poison only if you look at it in a very specific and chemical way, that kind of stuff is part of the things fiction naturally ignores, you can't add it to profiles if the verse itself doesn't acknowledges it.

And as I said, you can pull off hundreds of powers and resistances if you take fiction in a too specific way.

I included laws of reality for a reason, but sugar is poison only if you look at it in a very specific and chemical way
Its not only it, it is a lethal poison, it literally can kill someone, I know a lot of people who died due sugar, I was their friends, they were close from me
And as I said, you can pull off hundreds of powers and resistances if you take fiction in a too specific way.
but we do these things, characters has a lot of crazy resistances due IRL stuff, why Poison is not a case? you're saying that sugar is not a poison, it is literally proved to be poison and drug, these who can resist it have a resistance to poison

Specific Irl stuff is accepted within reason, not everything can be taken into account by default.

I've never denied the sugar being a poison, I say that fiction doesn't treat it as such even when consumed in absurdly high quantities.

Isn't this the same with literally anything you can consume though? In high enough amounts, anything is poisonous, even water for example.

I don't think it needs to be listed, it would serve like no purpose.

Ninja'd
Unrelated. But I taught you left. Iirc

Hmmmmmm, what of alcohol? That thing can give you severe liver damage if consumed in large enough amounts.

Back