• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resident Evil Remakes Canonicity

Nemesis' rocket launcher is custom made, there are no real life equivalents so you could probably use any big number for muzzle velocity among RPGs

Which doesn't exist either so we still have to find a real life equivalent :p

Dark-Carioca said:
Which doesn't exist either so we still have to find a real life equivalent :p
Demonios!

Ok so how are we gonna find a equivalent if the ammunition this RL uses wasn't even mentioned?

Average rocket speed is 115 metres per second Subsonic (Faster than the Eye)

After searching a lot Imo RE1 Remake can be used as a canon entry in the franchise, mostly due the fact it makes RE0 canon.

So yeah Tyrants will still 9-A scaling from T-002.

Apex PredatorX said:
Average rocket speed is 115 metres per second Subsonic (Faster than the Eye)
Not how you do speed calcs (You need to calculate the distance moved by the character and then multiply it with the muzzle velocity, then you divide the sum with the distance from the muzzle to the character).

Aguilar already did the calc himself using the same speed as you. And they're already accepted so basically this thread is pointless.

KLOL506 said:
Aguilar already did the calc himself using the same speed as you. And they're already accepted so basically this thread is pointless.
Why a thread in which the stats of the canon RE characters are being discussed is pointless? lol you

Also the door is open, you can leave if you want.

What I meant was that the feats are canon and would scale regardless of whether the character was from the remake or not.

Nemesis would be 9-A regardless of whether the RE1 remake was made a different continuity or not since the 9-B feats are like, super high-end. As in, Wall level+.

Eh, the helicopter is a bit too far away from Jill to have Supersonic speed IMHO.

While the Missiles do look like Hellfire missiles (Which are Mach 1.3), she'd need to move at least a meter to scale (Assuming the missile is one meter away from her).

I was mixing up missiles on my end. The helecopter looks like an apachi and those missles look like hydra 70's to me. Which do move at mach 2.

agreed, even more after Capcom stated that the RE3 remake will have a different story than the original im pretty sure its another universe.

The gamecube remake of of the first Resident Evil is the definitive version of that game, not a seperate continuity. It's the same with how Super Street Fighter IV overwrites the first SFIV canon wise.

Apex PredatorX said:
After searching a lot Imo RE1 Remake can be used as a canon entry in the franchise, mostly due the fact it makes RE0 canon.
I'm not really sure about that, RE1 Remake and RE1 OG had way too many differences to be considered just the same game.

Entire new sections in the Spencer Mansion, new original monsters (like Lisa Trevor or the Crimson Heads), certain events happen in a different way and other smaller things (like how Joseph from Alpha Team find someone hand, when in the Remake this never happen).

Considering that subsequent games reference the RE1 remake via story texts and ending continuity over the original, my point still stands.

Back