• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
b20f72857da0cbcefe7f008186789932373ee643r1-1280-2002v2_uhq.jpg
Iris-9-nine.png

Just made Iris profile, and this seems like it could be a good match

Both at their strongest
Speed equalized
Who wins?
Giorno:
Iris:
Inconclusive: 5

Last edited:
Basically she has multiversal immortality, to kill her you have to kill her in like 100 different universes + the future, if you can't do all that at the same time, Future Iris will rewind time and manipulate fate so whatever lead to Present Iris failure, whether that's death or just plain losing never happened, and Present Iris will now have the memories of what caused those failures.

Future Iris is able to prune universes, negating undesired fates, making them non-existent, it's not powerful enough to destroy universes, but what it can do is negating whatever happens after Iris observes them.

Hmm ok wow she’s kinda op.

I’ll vote inconclusive this kinda battle requires too much brain energy.

3 for Inconclusive.

Putting on my thinking cap, GER resets to zero anything that stands in front of it, this is passive i think.

Future Iris exists in like 100 timelines + the future, GER doesn't have the ability to reach the Future Iris, Present Iris could be reset to zero but it wouldn't reach the Future Iris.

Future Iris who is unaffected will then manipulate fate to prevent Iris failure, so then it becomes Iris fate hax vs GER causality hax.

At that point i guess we would have to look at potency? Which ability would overpower the other. GER negated King Crimson's time erasure, which erases 10 seconds of the universe's time. Future Iris fate hax negates undesirable futures, literally stopping the entire universe from progressing past the point she observed, so it doesn't exist beyond that point, ie if she observed a universe on 4/2/2021, then used her fate hax, the universe wouldn't exist beyond that date.

I guess if you looked at it like that Iris ability would be stronger?

Looking at both of Celestial's analysis, I'm almost temped to vote for Iris. Her fate hax seems better than Giorno's causality hax, possibly allowing her to negate reset to zero, but I'm unsure of this. If it allows her to negate reset to zero then I'll vote for her as she has a variety of hax on her profile she could use to win against him as he lacks a lot of resistance. If not then I'll vote inconclusive.

I'll admit I'm ignorant on both Giorno & Iris.

Looking at both of Celestial's analysis, I'm almost temped to vote for Iris. Her fate hax seems better than Giorno's causality hax, possibly allowing her to negate reset to zero, but I'm unsure of this. If it allows her to negate reset to zero then I'll vote for her as she has a variety of hax on her profile she could use to win against him as he lacks a lot of resistance. If not then I'll vote inconclusive.

I'll admit I'm ignorant on both Giorno & Iris.
Giorno's hax is 4d but idk anything about iris so I am not sure either

Basically she has multiversal immortality, to kill her you have to kill her in like 100 different universes + the future, if you can't do all that at the same time, Future Iris will rewind time and manipulate fate so whatever lead to Present Iris failure, whether that's death or just plain losing never happened, and Present Iris will now have the memories of what caused those failures.

Future Iris is able to prune universes, negating undesired fates, making them non-existent, it's not powerful enough to destroy universes, but what it can do is negating whatever happens after Iris observes them.
That's so cool. Acausality(type 3) would be cool to mix with this

If Iris' is a higher dimensional existence, is an Acausal, or resistant to 4D Causality Manip then Iris stomps, but then I don't see shit here.

3 for Inconclusive.

Putting on my thinking cap, GER resets to zero anything that stands in front of it, this is passive i think.

Future Iris exists in like 100 timelines + the future, GER doesn't have the ability to reach the Future Iris, Present Iris could be reset to zero but it wouldn't reach the Future Iris.

Future Iris who is unaffected will then manipulate fate to prevent Iris failure, so then it becomes Iris fate hax vs GER causality hax.

At that point i guess we would have to look at potency? Which ability would overpower the other. GER negated King Crimson's time erasure, which erases 10 seconds of the universe's time. Future Iris fate hax negates undesirable futures, literally stopping the entire universe from progressing past the point she observed, so it doesn't exist beyond that point, ie if she observed a universe on 4/2/2021, then used her fate hax, the universe wouldn't exist beyond that date.

I guess if you looked at it like that Iris ability would be stronger?
Keep in mind, KC actually erases a portion of a timeline, which Afaik is a High 3-A feat.

Also GER has been stated to be superior to MIH, which speeds up time so fast it creates another universe.

Is Iris beyond 4D or so? If not I vote incon.

@Cloozuma

Iris fate hax would be High 3-A i think, though don't remember if we still treat partial timeline erasure as High 3-A, guessing that's the case.

Her ability as i explained above, erases the future of timelines, they don't exist beyond where she observes.

Speaking of Acausality type 3, might not be useful here, but looking at it i think Iris, yea Yoichi and Kakeru could have it.

Basically Kakeru from a distant timeline is able to observe parallel worlds, and interfere with it using the Kakeru's within those timelines. That Kakeru can install his memories and emotions into those Kakeru's who then complete his goals ie kill Iris, and they all get all his knowledge like knowledge of stuff from other parallel worlds and also from the future and past.

Kakeru from different world rewinds time for the other Kakaeru's when they die, and they instantly get the memories of what happened that led to their deaths, so stuff like time reversals don't matter to them.

Iris is the same, except it's that her Future self is the one that is observing parallel worlds and installing the memories, and she does that for Yoichi too since they are connected with each other.

Last edited:
@Cloozuma

Iris fate hax would be High 3-A i think, though don't remember if we still treat partial timeline erasure as High 3-A, guessing that's the case.

Her ability as i explained above, erases the future of timelines, they don't exist beyond where she observes.

Speaking of Acausality type 3, might not be useful here, but looking at it i think Iris, Yoichi and Kakeru could have it.

Basically Kakeru from a distant timeline is able to observe parallel worlds, and interfere with it using the Kakeru's within those timelines. That Kakeru can install his memories and emotions into those Kakeru's who then complete his goals ie kill Iris, and they all get all his knowledge like knowledge of stuff from other parallel worlds and also from the future and past.

Kakeru from different world rewinds time for the other Kakaeru's when they die, and they instantly get the memories of what happened that led to their deaths, so stuff like time reversals don't matter to them.

Iris is the same, except it's that her Future self is the one that is observing parallel worlds and installing the memories, and she does that for Yoichi too since they are connected with each other.
I see. However, is Iris higher than 4D? Otherwise RTZ is superior to Iris' ability.

4-D is a broad range, so saying unless its higher than 4-D GER is superior, doesn't really work i think.

I get what you meant though, her hax only goes up to High 3-A, her immortality is 2-C.

Will have to see about adding acausality to the characters, will do that later.

Btw based on what i understand about range, you need to affect the entirety of multiple universes to get Low-Multiversal range, Giorno's range is in need of a downgrade to Interdimensional, if just going across parallel universes are enough Iris and even Noa would get it seeing as they can kill a person's soul even if it's in another universe.

4-D is a broad range, so saying unless its higher than 4-D GER is superior, doesn't really work i think.

I get what you meant though, her hax only goes up to High 3-A, her immortality is 2-C.

Will have to see about adding acausality to the characters, will do that later.

Btw based on what i understand about range, you need to affect the entirety of multiple universes to get Low-Multiversal range, Giorno's range is in need of a downgrade to Interdimensional, if just going across parallel universes are enough Iris and even Noa would get it seeing as they can kill a person's soul even if it's in another universe.
If you think being higher than 4D doesn't work, it does. GER incapped Xeno Goku who is 2-A.

Oh, isn't like sending people to infinite death loops which are worlds 2-C? The fact that it's even supported by GER being superior to MIH who can create a universe?

Interdimensional, if just going across parallel universes

Not quite. JoJo's cosmology, at least the universes, seem to be lined up side by side, neighboring each other, at least if Part 7 is any indication given it's made quite clear that's how they behave and D4C just has the benefit of being able to shortcut instantly to any universe he's already been to.
And GER's RTZ can still effect Diavolo all the same, from universes away, that's pretty blatantly at least low Multiversal range if someone can effect you from, at the very least, several universes away.

Plus, not only can RTZ reach across multiple universes away but for Interdimensional,
"Attacks and abilities that can reach beyond the conventional space-time of a single universe, such as into external pocket realities or parts of other universes, but that may not necessarily travel a universal distance."

It actually can do that, it negated and reversed a universal time skip moment by moment, effecting the whole thing at once, which obviously, the universal time skip has universal AOE so either way.

A better example of a Interdimensional ability within JoJo is Cream's BFR or Void, it can connect to pocket dimensions and an alternate universe, but it itself cant do much beyond that in range or aoe. Or Act 3 or some facets of Love Train, especially the former.

Note, I'm not voting nor do I have any reason to debate in this thread, I'm just clarifying what I assume to be some minor confusion.

Last edited:
Reaching into other universes isn't enough from my understanding, RTZ has to affect the entirety of those universes, not just reaching something from universes away.

Iris for example, can kill Kakeru who is from a distant universe, so far even Sophie who can observe and travel to other universes, took a long time to actually find him.

RTZ did indeed negate a universal time skip and can reach into other universes, but idk if that's enough, think it requires its own thread.

Lets keep on topic here.

Reaching into other universes isn't enough from my understanding, RTZ has to affect the entirety of those universes, not just reaching something from universes away.

Iris for example, can kill Kakeru who is from a distant universe, so far even Sophie who can observe and travel to other universes, took a long time to actually find him.

RTZ did indeed negate a universal time skip and can reach into other universes, but idk if that's enough, think it requires its own thread.

Lets keep on topic here.
shouldn't Giorno scales from other ranged characthers?

As in MIH and KC which are universal, he does.

Again though let's not derail, where were we, 6 for incon?

Just thought of something, could Iris time paradox Giorno?

GER can't kill Future Iris hence why it's incon right now, Future Iris could time travel to the past and kill Giorno before he got GER, i mean this is literally what Kakeru tried to do to Yoichi, kill him before he connected with Iris and thus gained the same abilities as him.

Problem is, Iris time travel only goes back so far, like several months, she can't go back beyond that.

Actually Iris went back centuries in the past, the issue is she can't go back further than April 17th, ????, don't think the year was stated, Jojo Part 5 happened in like 2001 though.

Last edited:
Just thought of something, could Iris time paradox Giorno?

GER can't kill Future Iris hence why it's incon right now, Future Iris could time travel to the past and kill Giorno before he got GER, i mean this is literally what Kakeru tried to do to Yoichi, kill him before he connected with Iris and thus gained the same abilities as him.

Problem is, Iris time travel only goes back so far, like several months, she can't go back beyond that.

Actually Iris went back centuries in the past, the issue is she can't go back further than April 17th, ????, don't think the year was stated, Jojo Part 5 happened in like 2001 though.
what stops giorno from rtz? we can agrue it about being passive

@manu_zarri Nobody in canon has multiversal+ range, unless i am forgetting something, Johnny is Interdimensional, Funny should also be that too, but idk if it's ranked differently, which would be wrong i think, since he is just able to travel to parallel worlds.

RTZ as in what though, as in stopping Iris from affecting the past, or do you mean RTZ would prevent the time paradox from affecting the present Giorno? Either way, when has it ever shown that?

Back