• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ren Fuji VS Habaki Sakagami

Since this is Base only (No Briah or Distortion i guess too?) I will give this to Habaki in the end with sheer Versitality of his weapon.

He got many ways to fight from his normal giant red sword which can change in a sword whip, a scythe and a freaking Cannon for god sake (He only used two times in the whole game thought...) and he's very skilled with them. This is what make him a scary opponent for those who need to get close to their opponent, due to his dominance over close range and mid range, switching between those two until he surprises Ren with a blast from the Cannon.

From what i know habaki have not counter to Ren's time power so yeah no Briah for Re

it seems i misunderstood Ren's power for time stop so he's Braih isn't banned from this match

Ah and what i meant by base is their 7-B version

Welp, with Ren in Briah i don't think Habaki has any chance to outspeed him and all he can do is stay on the defense until Ren chops his head off with Guillotine.

Changing my vote to Ren with high diff.

Couldn't habaki Resurrect himself ? from what i know Yato was destroying him when they fought

No, he only could put himself back up because of his Taikyoku which strengthened his Distortion, he cannot resurrects himself as Tenma Yato didn't even kill him during their fight , he just beats him up only for Habaki to use his Taikyoku.

So Yato was holding back on him at the begining ? but Habaki doe have resurrection on his page

It's not like Resurrection (After reading the power, it's mostly because of regen or soul manipulation) is going to help him against Marguerrite Bois de justice since it negates any form of Immortality and Regenerationn if it beheads a target.

Then how he survived fighting yato ? or yato don't have this abillity anymore in KKK ?

Because Yato never killed Habaki during their fight, he was just injuring him to extrem level in which Habaki healed himself.

I still don't get it how can Habaki survive Yato and not Ren ? taking the different in thire Taikyoku before hajun and tumor poosted habaki he should one shout him in his sleep but he didn't, was yato holding back or something ?

As i said before his Distortion enhanced by Taikyoku allowed him to survive the fight against Tenma Yato , but he was never killed (are you confusing the fight between those two to the fight between Tenma Ootake and Yakou Madara?).

He was also boosted by Hajun and Tumor to the max hence why he could resist Tenma Yato Law along with Koga, also Tenma Yato having no soul apart from himself so was making him weaker every second.

So unless he have Taikyoku he can't pull the same feat againts Yato ?

So yato was getting weaker every second and habaki was getting stronger and giving thire battle was long with Habaki getting back again and again Yato must been pretty weakened when habaki reached he's max

That similar to how Archer vs shirou went

Thanks for correcting the idea for me

Idk Habaki's character, but Ren usually goes for the kill right away, although he only uses his Briah when the enemy is really powerful.

Ren should win this with high difficulties. The fight would last quite a bit since Ren doesn't uses his Briah right away, but once he sees how Habaki's distortion is making the fight pretty impossible for him, he uses his Briah and decapitates Sakagami. His Briah should allow him to blitz Habaki and decapitate him before he has time to use his Distortion effectively.

Habaki seems the type who mess around no ? it's not on his page tho so we need ALRF to infom us about this

He's the joke type character that doesn't mess around in fights unless it's fighting against somoene who is a female (he is a pervert after all).

^Well Ren have pretty face what the chance of habaki hitting on Ren before Ren cut he's neck and tell him not to call him "cute" ?

LOL, just to say that Soujirou looks like a woman too and Habaki never flirted with him so no, i don't think Habaki will mistake Ren for a woman.

Ren should be able to take this with high diff considering he goes for the kill and these are base forms so Habaki's regen won't exactly help nor the distortion plus Ren would go for the neck but it would be tough with Habaki's set of weapons to keep Ren out of range

Ten for reasons stated by TISSG7Redgrave.

I really hope we get to see him again someday. I mean why? WHY WOULD THEY MAKE HIM A VILLAN?! CURSE YOU MASADA!

Ren only lost to Habaki in the canon because Ren wasn't actually trying to win, and he was already nearly dead to begin with. At full power, with Ren actively trying to kill Habaki, he'd stomp, and I believe it's Habaki who says as much.

Base Habaki only have his regen power, if Ren use his briah and go for the neck it'll be the end for Habaki. But consider their characters, it might be until Ren realize that he can't simply kill Habaki without using briah. So vote for Ren, through some difficulties thou.

>Base Habaki only have his regen power

Uh no, Base Habaki can use both properties his Immortality AKA regen ability and his attack reflection, Misogihara-

• Reads Habaki profile and his attack name
Why is his profile naming his Distortion Momoko???????

Iz Misogiharae Yomosugaeri or smth like that :p

• Attacks get close to him
  • Automatically gets reflected
There is no barrier or anything really flashy. Just him reflecting attacks and special abilities too (Like Keishirou Kyougetsu Magatsuki)

So I if understand it right, he does require to sense/realize/see the attack coming to deflect it right?

When Ren go for his briah then Habaki can't deflect anymore because his actions/movements would be so slow to be able to deflect it, and Ren will able to hit him.

Honestly, can Habaki attack reflec be applied in versus thread?

It can only be used in due to Hajun presence and the world being his rule...

Also Magatsuki is not something that can't be seeing.

Let me word it better, the causality effect that Magatsuki causes to Sakuya? Yeah, he can stop that

Morthra said:
Ren only lost to Habaki in the canon because Ren wasn't actually trying to win, and he was already nearly dead to begin with. At full power, with Ren actively trying to kill Habaki, he'd stomp, and I believe it's Habaki who says as much.
No Ren really was trying to have habaki and everyone's head but tumor+Hajun boosted taikyoku for habaki so he lived enough to not die but get rekt cause he wasn't as good nor effective until habaki's waifu flattened yato's law weakening it until yato's eventual destruction IIRC

It can only be used in due to Hajun presence and the world being his rule...

Also Magatsuki is not something that can't be seeing.

So, does it allow here then :p

Did you mean can?

I didn't say he need to see it, I just said that he need to, like realize/know there is an attack coming to deflect it, right? Or his hand moving on its own and deflect what ever come at him whitout him even know about it?

Ah, well of course he has to react to the attack, else he screw up, also nah his hands has nothing to do with Misogi, It just cause any incoming attack (or ability, depending on what the opponent uses) to bounce back with double the power and speed.

IMO the fight will be like this: both will be serious from the start, Habaki won't play aroung cause the opponent is a boy, Ren like he always do. But Ren won't go for his briah right away. So he will try hand-to-hand with Habaki first. Habaki due to being more exprienced and have many weapons from mid to close-range so Ren will have a hard time getting close to him but he won't be put down easily. And 2 scenarios appear:

1. If Ren can get close, and have a close quarters combat with Habaki, then the durability negation, master swordmanship and attack reflection will hurt, or even put down Ren. Ren might not be as skillful but he not dumb, to when he feel the disavantages is too much, he will gain some distance and go for the briah, so Habaki lose.

2. Ren find that getting close is too hard, cause even the canon have that durability negation, and go for briah, then Habaki lose.

With much difficulties, I still think Ren can take this.

Back