• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removing the Charizard Feat (Pokémon Downgrade)

And this is without factoring in Lombre being knowledgeable on legendary Pokémon (who of course are far less common to know about than Pokémon like Charizard).
And yet he doesn't know about a more common Pokémon like Xatu?

Pokemon_Mystery_Dungeon__Red_Rescue_Team-1.png

This makes this whole line of reasoning inconsistent, since Xatu should be far more well-known than the Legendary Pokémon.

And yet he doesn't know about a more common Pokémon like Xatu?

Pokemon_Mystery_Dungeon__Red_Rescue_Team-1.png

This makes this whole line of reasoning inconsistent, since Xatu should be far more well-known than the Legendary Pokémon.
Knowing legendaries doesn’t mean Lombre has to know every single non legendary Pokémon’s abilities.

I fail to see the inconsistency.

I can casually dig a hole 1m3 large in half an hour. If someone now says "this man can dig a hole 10m3 large", does that mean I would also do this in half an hour because I have never shown to work on a hole for longer than that? Also, a flamethrower also has never been shown to have kilometers of reach last time I checked. So "it's a signature move, thus it can only be this way" really hold no water. If you can't make the assumption that it lasts longer than 3 seconds then the assumption has to be that it has the ability to cover entire mountains. So let me ask you. What is more likely based on what we have seen of the move flamethrower. That it can be used for longer than three seconds if needed or that it's maximum range and area of effect is actually thousands of times more than anything we have ever seen.
I just checked Charizard's profile, and it says they have tens of kilometers of reach with most attacks.

I mean, it would be nice for that to have reasoning as well to be honest. I'm pretty sure "most" of its attacks are nowhere near that, and it's not like range doesn't need justifications.

Yeah, and if that reasoning is flawed then I'd really want people to tackle Rather's point that such a feat would either require immense range, or a long timeframe.

Also like, just cause it comes down from such a distance doesn't mean it can be projected at similar distances away from the user.

Last edited:
Back