• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removal of Wisps from Classic Sonic's standard equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how I feel about pre colors sonic having wisps as standard equipment, they didn't even exist yet.

That wasn't the point, don't move the goalpost, you argued he never used Wisps in Forces

Anyways Sonic has them has his equipment in three games after Colors
he has it on his purse, meaning at any time he can just pull one out of his ass consistently?

and I meant that he never had it on him 24/7 i know he uses it but that's not what I meant

Knuckles: So are you the only White Wisp left on this planet?
White Wisp: ○✕△□ ○✕※△ □○※✕ ○□△○
Tails: No, he says there are others who stayed behind, too. He says they all remember who you are Sonic, and he's sure they'd be happy to help you!
Sonic: Aww, shucks! You're makin' me blush!
Knuckles: It'd be good to have some Wisps to help us...
Tails: It sure would! Let's go find out some more!

Sonic: Hey, my pleasure! But we still need to figure out what we're gonna do with you guys...
Tails: Well, you remember that Yellow Wisp we spoke to earlier? He said they wanted to come with us on our adventure. How about we bring them along, Sonic?
Sonic: Why the heck not? The more the merrier!
Yellow Wisp: ※△○✕ ✕○※□
Tails: He says thanks, and they'll do whatever they can to help! I think we've found ourselves a useful new ally!

Sonic: More like time to stop trying to kidnap our pals! Get outta here! And stay gone! Now, time to ask those Wisps about that mysterious light...
Tails: No need, Sonic - I already checked. They said it was one of the other Cyan Wisps. And he's super-sorry for giving Ricky a fright... ...And because they don't want to frighten any more Animals, they'd like to come with us on our adventure! Sounds good to you, Sonic?
Sonic: It sure does! Welcome to the gang, little Wisps!
Cyan Wisp: ※△○✕ □○△✕

Sonic: Whatever, Eggbreath. I've heard it all before! Try me when you get some new material!
Tails: What are we going to do about these Indigo Wisps, Sonic?
Knuckles: I was thinking they could come along with us. What do you say?
Sonic: Sounds good to me! Now that Eggman's found their hiding place, maybe they'll be safer with us anyway...
Tails: I was thinking the same thing. So, guys - how about it?
Indigo Wisp: ※○✕✕ ○○※△!
Tails: They say they'd love to join us! Here's to the beginning of a beautiful friendship!

Source:https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Sonic_Runners/Script

In Tails lab you can equip itens from the game, Wisps included

And in Team Sonic Racing you can equip Wisps before any race, all this info is basic knowelege

If Sonic uses them in every single game after he meets them, they themselfs say are going to be around to help him, and Sonic can literally equip them, then it's very clearly standard, I don't think you are reading my posts

If Sonic uses them in every single game after he meets them, they themselfs say are going to be around to help him, and Sonic can literally equip them, then it's very clearly standard, I don't think you are reading my posts
But the point is that he doesnt start with them in levels, he has to actively find them to be able to equip them, this they would be optional rather than standard. Wisp Canisters would be standard but the wisps themselves would bot

Well, if wisps by themselves can easily come to sonic during the battle via the statements above. I think it's technically can be standard.

Well, if wisps by themselves can easily come to sonic during the battle via the statements above. I think it's technically can be standard.
but how would that work in a vs match sense? like if the op says the fight is in a timeless null void where do the wisps come from? im confused

But the point is that he doesnt start with them in levels, he has to actively find them to be able to equip them, this they would be optional rather than standard. Wisp Canisters would be standard but the wisps themselves would bot
What? Sonic has the Wisps in every game, he doesn't "look" for them after Runners (when he first knew they were back on Earth), after that they always have been in his adventures, he doesn't "find" them, they live with him like literally any other item in the series

I don't understand how people are arguing from such ignorance after all the context, If Sonic needing to "find" them (even though they LIVE with him and they actively state they are going to be there to help him) then Sonic has NO standard equipment since ALL of his power-ups need to be "found" first, which is extremely absurd, not even rings would be standard using this shitty logic

I don't understand how people are arguing from such ignorance after all the context, If Sonic needing to "find" them (even though they LIVE with him and they actively state they are going to be there to help him) then Sonic has NO standard equipment since ALL of his power-ups need to be "found" first, which is extremely absurd, not even rings would be standard using this shitty logic
wtf does rings help sonic with in combat?

how would that work in vs match anyway? if the op puts sonic in hell or sum where is the wisps gonna come? are we just gonna assume there in hell too?

That obviously wasn't the point of my post, all I said is that using this logic one of Sonic's most used items wouldn't be standard
how would that work in vs match anyway? if the op puts sonic in hell or sum where is the wisps gonna come? are we just gonna assume there in hell too?
Sonic will simply already have them, like he has with any other of his equipment, Tails even gave him a suit case that allows him to hold items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back