• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removal of Majora's key

Why does Majora have two keys?

It's unneded as they have the same personality (Tael confirms that Majora controlled Skull Kid and Majora confirms that the Skull Kid was just a puppet).

About the difference in Power, I think the current justification is that if Majora was High 4-C during the events of the game, Majora would have destroyed the world far easier. The fact is, Majora didn't want to destroy the world just because yes, but because it wanted to see the despair of the people. What creates more desperation, the world just exploding, or having a moon with a creepy face falling on your head?

Majora controlling Skull Kid's personality =/= Majora being in full control at all times, especially when the Skull Kid's personality is clearly present.

There is also a very clear difference between Skull Kid just using some of its power and the Mask straight up fighting against Link and transforming.

If you want to argue for Skull Kid and Majora's pages being split, that's another thing, but such an action seems superfluous.

Okay. Thank you for the input. Since the question has been answered, should we close this thread?

Yeah, but it's not like Majora's personality is much different than Skull Kid's. MM has a childish attitude (the moon children), likes to play (considers the final battle just a game, and the moon children were playing tag), doesn't take things seriously (Majora's Incarnation, nothing else to add), gets angry if his game is interrupted (Majora's Wrath)... While it's possible that MM's original personality may have been changed by the SK, it doesn't change the fact that their personality is pretty much the same.

I may have understood wrong what you said (I'm not English), but isn't that the same difference between a guy holding back and the same guy going full power?

I agree with Azathoth.

SkullKid!Majora is relevant enough for the plot of Majora's mask to give it a Key. Even if it werent 5-B and just another High 4-C key (Majin Buu anyone?).

98% sure he meant that Skull Kid didn't want to use the full power of the mask as he was scared by it, not because he couldn't access it

The full scene.

I can sorta understand interpreting it that way, however, Tael directly states that the power of the mask was too much for him to handle.

So, with later Majora stating that "he had too many weaknesses", I believe is a combination of both. He couldn't and was afraid.

Back