• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removal of 2-C for the Stranger

It says the Stranger's low-end is a 2-C for scaling to Uatu, but Uatu is now a 2-A, so the stranger should now only be a 2-A.

Why is he "Comparable to Watchers such as Uatu"? He fought them or is he by nature simply at their same level?

If that’s the case, then it definitely needs to go. Either way, it’s a baseless comparison.

I don't know where the Uatu thing comes from, but even if it isn't from a handbook the 2-C thing still has to go.

The Stranger has been treated as comparable to a well-fed Galactus in the Infinity Gauntlet event, and was treated as a peer to Galactus and Celestials right afterwards, and was listed beside them in the cosmic hierarchy by Thanos in a far more recent Jim Starlin story. He also created Ego the Living Planet, and was very strongly implied to originally have been the now empty fourth face of the Living Tribunal. However, he isn't the kind of character that tends to fight much, and has been very inconsistently portrayed in terms of power level over the years.

I believe the history of marvel universe took the "inconsistencies" into consideration and stated that cosmic beings of that level create avatars to interact with lower ones. I will see if I can find the scans for it.

Well regardless, now that Uatu is a 2-A, the Stranger can't be a possible 2-C for scaling to him. If anything we should just replace him being above the Scarlet Witch with him being equal to Uatu in his 2-A section, considering how incredibly inconsistent Scarlet Witch is.

I believe the history of marvel universe took the "inconsistencies" into consideration and stated that cosmic beings of that level create avatars to interact with lower ones. I will see if I can find the scans for it.
Thank you, although I was already aware of the avatars, and the inconsistencies really are usually inconsistencies both for them and for other Marvel characters. Also, that information page seemingly ignored Ewing's new cosmic hierarchy, and continues to claim that Oblivion is lesser than the Living Tribunal, even though it does not make any sense.

I seriously don't see why all the mods are needed. This is a simple removal, not even a debate.

Well, somebody needs to handle it, but I am personally fine with if somebody is willing to apply what has been accepted here already.

Well, somebody needs to handle it, but I am personally fine with if somebody is willing to apply what has been accepted here already.
Well I would do it, but the page is locked.

And just to be sure, what exactly should the new 2-A write-up say?

The Stranger has been treated as comparable to a well-fed Galactus in the Infinity Gauntlet event, and was treated as a peer to Galactus and Celestials right afterwards, and was listed beside them in the cosmic hierarchy by Thanos in a far more recent Jim Starlin story. He also created Ego the Living Planet, and was very strongly implied to originally have been the now empty fourth face of the Living Tribunal. However, he isn't the kind of character that tends to fight much, and has been very inconsistently portrayed in terms of power level over the years.
Well, you could incorporate some of the above information, if you wish.

I will unlock it. Tell me here when you are done.

By the way, scaling The Stranger to the full power Scarlet Witch, as his page currently does, is ridiculous, as he fought a very early far less powerful incarnation of the Witch.

By the way, scaling The Stranger to the full power Scarlet Witch, as his page currently does, is ridiculous, as he fought a very early far less powerful incarnation of the Witch.
I'll remove that. And thanks for unlocking the page, I'll get onto that ASAP.

Also, should I remove the Uatu scaling? Because I'm not sure where that comes from.

I do not know, but a projection of Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet ranked The Stranger at roughly the same level of power as Galactus, The Celestials, Odin, and Zeus in a Jim Starlin story some years ago.

No problem. It is best if other members here check if your edits seems acceptable, and if I remembered correctly that The Stranger was included in Thanos' ranking, though.

Back