• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Great, two of my favorite franchises and characters!

I'll assume speed is equal.

Both characters have more than enough range for this to start at most 4 kilometers. While all or most of Mega Man's weapons should reach this distance, it seems most likely he'll try to close the distance on Rush Jet while sniping with Mega Buster, since he would probably think he can get a better shot if he gets closer. As that happens, Marisa would have no problem dodging it, and while the starting range is too far for most danmaku, it is in range for the Master Spark. It's very in-character for this to be her opening move at such range. She'll probably see Mega Man coming, choose to master spank and think she'll be done with it. I'd say that while he's closing the distance, he has a fair chance to react to the white vector line drawn by the mini-Hakkero and maneuver Rush out of the way of the spark in time as the line expands.

When Mega Man feels he's at a decent range, and hasn't already gotten sparked, Marisa would probably move into the 36 meter range to start with all kinds of danmaku that would likely take Mega Man by surprise. He's never really faced an enemy with bullet hell level danmaku before. The bullet patterns are just too complex for him to understand, he'll get hit blow after blow not knowing how to dodge it, as long as Marisa can stay in range. For the record, Mega Man did dodge a point-blank Gemini Laser, but I don't know how speed equalization affects this, and Marisa can definitely create a lot more lasers than Gemini Man could ever dream of. Not to mention that since they're in character but willing to kill, Marisa's likely unhinged from the spell card rules, so it's not like there's much chance to dodge it in the first place. Mega Man would probably be trying all the firepower he has in this uphill situation. Since the Archie Comics went on hiatus at the beginning of the Mega Man 4 arc, we only have Mega Man 1-3 weapons to work with, and most of them travel in a predictable straight line. Magnet Missile can't home in since Marisa is not made of metal. Marisa has dealt with complex danmaku from all sorts of goddesses and youkai, so there's nothing Archie Mega Man can throw that Marisa won't know how to dodge. Not even the boomeranging weapons, Rolling Cutter, Quick Boomerang, and Shadow Blade would work, since Marisa has even dealt with danmaku that approaches from behind, danmaku that changes direction behind or nearby you, and even dodging bullets from all directions at once. Mega Man won't land a single hit on her.

In that case, this is a danmaku stomp. Marisa just has to keep up the pressure with star bullets and lasers while effortlessly grazing Mega Man's predictable attacks.

...This is what I thought until I remembered Time Slow and Time Stopper. But Marisa has faced Sakuya before, who would stop time in her boss fight to create some danmaku patterns while the player is stuck. But if I remember correctly, the newly launched knives don't start moving until time is unfrozen, so Marisa should've had time to react to it. In this case, I don't remember Archie Mega Man being able to use other weapons while time is stopped, so he'd probably have to rely on striking strength instead. But the thing is, as time is stopped, so is all the bullets. The frozen Marisa is surrounded by this field of motionless energy bullets that Mega Man might have a hard time maneuvering around if he tries to hit her while time is stopped, and the pattern gets denser the closer he is to Marisa. So even when time is stopped, melee isn't an option. Mega Man will probably realize this, and on top of being surprised by the danmaku earlier, he'd likely use all of the ammo for Time Stopper to escape the danmaku range. With speed equal, after time continues, Mega Man might try to kite Marisa by staying out of danmaku range, so this brings us back to how the fight began, taking pot shots with the Mega Buster and Master Spark. But again, Marisa can dodge his predictable attacks, and now Mega Man goes up against this massive "**** you" laser, I don't know if Archie Mega Man has dealt with anything quite like it. So even when kiting around, Mega Man is still more likely to take damage than Marisa is. And to address Time Slow as I mentioned it earlier, it is impressive that Time Man could slow time to such a crawl that it's practically a time stop, first shown when helping Wily escape the police. But I reread and I don't think there was ever a point where Mega Man copied the weapon, ironically. Game canon Mega Man has this ability but not Archie canon, despite having directly fought Time Man. He does, however, still have Time Stopper, the weapon of Flash Man.

If Mega Man doesn't escape the danmaku with Time Stopper, another option he has is to defend with Leaf Shield. But those leaves could only handle so much before being destroyed, and they have limited ammo. He could also try pushing Marisa out of danmaku range with Air Shooter, but again, limited ammo, and now we're back to the kiting situation.

Bottom line, Marisa can dodge whatever Mega Man throws. Time Stopper won't help Mega Man land attacks on Marisa, so it's better to use it to escape from the danmaku into kiting range, while Leaf Shield and Air Shooter might also help with this. But that's about it before those weapons run out of ammo, and all other attacks would be too easy for Marisa to dodge even if being kited around, meanwhile Mega Man shouldn't have an easy time dodging Master Sparks. Either Mega Man gets master spanked, or he's in range for a danmaku stomp.

While Death Battle did poor research on Mega Man vs. Astro Boy, there's one line from the video that's pretty fitting here: "...And with Mega Man's limited ammunition reserves, all the Blue Bomber could do is delay the inevitable." - Wiz

I'd say danmaku is pretty "inevitable" for someone who's never experienced it before.

Sorry for forgetting this I was busy. I think we can agree Marisa wins unless there is anyone who will argue for Rock?

Come to think of it, Mega Man did actually copy Time Slow in issue 55. With speed equal it would allow him and Rush to move twice as fast as Marisa, or even slow time enough to such a crawl that it's practically a time stop, until it runs out of ammo. It's basically the same case as Time Stopper, it will only be useful to escape the 36 meter danmaku range, after which Marisa can still easily dodge all the weapons while she's likely to get a good shot on Mega Man with the Master Spark.

I also didn't consider the Roboticized Master weapons until now, and there's reason to believe Worlds Collide is canon. Tail Wind would only do the same thing as Air Shooter, to just push her away. Most of them are just projectiles shot in a straight line, such as Acoustic Blaster and Rapid Sting, so just like the other weapons from earlier, Marisa will easily dodge them. But there are some other notable ones that might actually turn the tide. Psycho Burst would actually hold her still in psychokinesis, which would likely stop her attacks make it impossible for her to dodge, leaving her open to any attack. Only problem is that, unlike Silver's psychokinesis, this isn't freely manipulated, and instead will only take effect when the target is hit by a projectile launched by the weapon. A projectile that Marisa is likely to dodge in the first place. Chaos Cannon is a similar case, a ranged form of chaos control, where the target will get locked in place with a time-stopped bubble, but only after getting hit with a projectile. But the idea of a single small area being affected by a time stop actually reminded me that, in Archie canon, this is possible with Time Slow and Time Stopper. Time Man and Flash Man, and by extent Mega Man, can contain the time manipulation to just a small area or an individual without time manipulating the rest of the universe, and unlike Chaos Cannon, it doesn't have to be triggered with a projectile, it can just be triggered instantly. So all Mega Man has to do is just time stop Marisa herself but not the area around her, so the bullets that were just launched before the time stop will continue to move and clear out of the way so Mega Man can finally get up close and melee Marisa while she's time stopped.

Speaking of melee, that's not the only strategy Mega Man could use. Here's why Sharp Knuckle, Piko Hammer, and Chroma Camo might allow Mega Man to take this. When Mega Man first enters the danmaku range and gets surprised by all the bullets like I mentioned in the first reply, like with Time Stopper and Time Slow, Chroma Camo is also a likely response to escape the danmaku into kiting range. It's just that, instead of manipulating time, Mega Man just turns invisible with this one, and Marisa isn't likely to pursue and continue to attack him if she can't see him, allowing him to flee. As far as I can remember, Marisa can't selectively see invisible beings. And better yet, if she just sees Mega Man suddenly disappear, she'll assume she beat him and stop shooting thinking the fight is over. When she's no longer shooting, Mega Man can approach her while invisible, and if he sneaks up behind her, he can suddenly reveal himself to bash her skull in with Piko Hammer or Sharp Knuckle. But there's one problem with this, the battle is likely in the skies, where 2hoes fight best, and the whole time Mega Man has relied on Rush for flight. Chroma Camo only affects himself and he can't make Rush invisible as well. She'll still be able to target Rush even if Mega Man, on top of Rush, is invisible. But he might be able to use this to his advantage. If Marisa chases them and tries to crush with danmaku, Mega Man can lure her close to the ground, and he can dismount Rush and make himself invisible after commanding Rush to continue to kite her around near the ground. With her attention on Rush and her back turned, she won't be facing Mega Man to see him suddenly turn visible as he hits her from behind with a charge shot or any other weapon. Actually, this still wouldn't work considering she has dodged danmaku that approaches from behind in the past, having a strange spatial awareness for dodging. But if he's lucky enough to have her close enough to the ground, he could probably open up with Piko Hammer or Sharp Knuckle. But that would rely on melee, when she's still firing danmaku in all directions pursuing Rush. This is assuming she tries to stay in danmaku range rather than just Master Spanking both of them from a distance. Another idea is that if Mega Man stays on the ground and Marisa's attention is on him while Rush takes a hike, then she would have to be close to the ground to use the danmaku, and once again Mega Man could turn invisible so she thinks she beat him, only for him to sneak up behind. Again, that's using danmaku and not the Master Spark, and she'd likely notice the footprints in the grass coming from an invisible source. And if not, she thinks she won, she'll probably fly away, and Mega Man would miss the chance to sneak up on her.

While there are flaws with the Chroma Camo plan, the idea to use Time Stopper on her but not her danmaku to reach her while she's frozen could work. This is actually a likely decision, since Mega Man is known to be a tactical fighter who can create new strategies or approaches in an uphill battle, and often manages to find and exploit weaknesses in his opponent. With that all in mind, here's what might happen. They close the 4 km distance while Marisa easily dodges any approaching shots. Once in range, she uses danmaku and takes Mega Man by surprise. He then uses Time Stopper, but only stops Marisa in a time bubble not affecting the danmaku, so it will clear out and there's empty space for him to get close, so he can punch her in the face while she's time stopped.

Back