• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reigen takes on the beautiful Tomie

Scenario: Alone in his office, Reigen meets a suspicious customer wearing a coat. The customer tells him that he had heard of the reputation of Reigen's work and asks him to "exorcise" a "spirit" named Tomie. The man tells him all of the girl's background and abilities and also shows a painting of her. Reigen recognizes the name and remembers that he had heard the rumors about a girl who makes people fall in love with her and later gets killed by her partner. The customer does not force the self-proclaimed psychic to do his request but offers millions of cash if he decides to do it. As the man left the office, Reigen decides to look for her using the location his latest customer gave him and investigate the activities of the said "spirit". Upon arriving at a city nearby Seasoning City, Reigen finds the girl and tries to follow her without him being noticed. After 10 minutes of stalking, Tomie turns to face Reigen and tells him that she has noticed him following her. From here, Tomie tries to charm Reigen.

Reigen has his equipments and Tomie doesn't have lackeys. Reigen has prior knowledge on his opponent (although in his mind, her being is a spirit), while it's first time for Tomie to see his opponent. The people around them can be influenced and thus can affect the battle; Tomie can use passing people and so as Reigen, and he can also call Mob if he deems it necessary (although Mob will not arrive right away and will be 20 min late if called). If Reigen is killed or falls in love with Tomie and further fall under her influence, Tomie wins. If Tomie is somehow killed without being able to regenerate back, Reigen wins (it doesn't matter who or what causes her death). Just a clarification, the Reigen I'm using here is before the LOL arc, so no Sakurai cursed weapons and no help from Dimple.

Distance: 10 meters

Battlefield: A populated street at a city nearby Seasoning City

Speed is NOT equalized

Reige: 4

Tomie:

Inconclusive: 1

-

For those who doesn't know Tomie, she's from Junji Ito's Tomei series, a horror manga. Really recommend for those who haven't read it yet if you want feel chills or get freaked out. Also, Junji Ito is the creator of the upcoming horror anime UZUMAKI.

So she is a spirit? If she is, that means Mob can negate her Regenerationn for good.

It's before LOL arc so I guess he doesn't have Jugan Air Gun or cursed cologne. Doubt it would work anyway.

What does she start with and can Reigen bullshit/longtalk her until Mob arrives? He will sure do that if he finds out she's really a spirit.

In Reigen's mind she's a spirit because that's what's been told to him by the customer. And since his office specializes with spirits, the customer had to say that she's a spirit to make Reigen do the work.

The only way regien could win, would be to stall with her until Mob arrives. Then mob kills her and they call it a day.

nope. reigen could easily keep her at bay for 15 minutes, and if he could not fool her by talking, he could also beat the shit out of her.

That would be no problem if he had cursed cologne, she would sleep for some time and Mob would exorcise her, but if her regen takes time then he can KO her for long enough I guess.

It depends, Are here abilities like, passives? If not, Reigen can just walk up those 10 meters slowly, and pull Hypnosis Punch to KO her, or talk with her until Mob arrives.

Her mind manipulation seem to only work when the person starts to like her/gets attracted to her. So maybe it might not be a good play for Reigen to talk to her for a long time. Plus, I think Reigen wouldn't uppercut a girl, even though he thinks she's a spirit. He knows that if she experiences psychological trauma, she starts to split, and I think he would wanna avoid that.

I forgot about his beliefs that people who hurt women are losers. But he thinks she's a spirit so he doesn't really give a heck and I think he goes straight for the W. Reigen has never shown in verse to be attracted to any girl (and there are several) so her powers shouldn't fully work. He's doing his job, not going on a date. If he can knee the heck out of her and her regen is going to take around 15 mins, it's done.

And I don't think Reigen would rely on Mob if Tomie doesn't seem to be something he can't handle. He'll probably deal with her on her own unless he senses something unnatural.

Tomie's mind manip is making people like her. iirc it works on anyone not just people who like her. Only way I see Tomie getting around wall level dura is having her cell go into Reigen and trasmute him, but I think thats out of character.

Then reigen can STILL mess with her for 20 minutes. Also, that's like reigens whole thing. he relys on Mob to do all of the actual work, so... yeah.

After going through the Tomie mangas again I'll vote for Incon. Her mind manip should still work, but if I am understanding the manga correctly, it sort of weakens when she is deformed. I don't know if Reigen thinking she is a spirit will help him with that. If it doesn't then he is not stalling for 20 min because its shown to be almost instant most of the times eg. when three people where hiking on a mountain in the snow, they spotted Tomie and one person fell off a steep and the other two guy didn't bother to try to help him instead helping Tomie and abandoning the other guy then later taking out all his cloth because Tomie says she is cold. If mind manip doesn't work then Mob comes and Tomie might try to mind manip him, but fails because he resists and he kills her. She might grow back, but that takes days to months.

Actually reading through it a second time it seems like everytime she mind manips someone they all sort of have some sort of desire for her, but still keeping my vote because her mind manip might still work if Reigen think she is beautiful. Also I was wrong it seems like her mind manip doesn't start if she is deformed, but it still keeps its effects after she has been deformed.

But he still have emotions. She was able to mind manip someone right after attempting murder infornt of them so it doesn't take much for her to mind manip

The guy from the Meeting chapter wasn't affected by her mind manipulation and still held loyal to his original love, although he started to have nightmares about her. This is the first time we see the powers of Tomie having the least effects on a person. But that doesn't compare on the Little Finger chapter, where the ugly guy never fell under her powers even though Tomie really tried to charm him. Since then, she gives up on the guy. While he may have fallen in love to Little Finger Tomie, he loved her because she was treated the same as he was.

This info could be used to ignore her powers.

I forgot Reigen has info on her powers, yeah he just bullshits her for 20 minutes until Mob comes and turns her into paste

Back