• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regenerationn of Partial Damage

This is mostly in relation to unanswered questions on the main CRT and the Anima: Beyond Fantasy revisions, but there are probably other verses that this applies to.

To make a long question short, what do we rate Regenerationn of partial soul/concept/history/whatever damage as? Say someone's concept was damaged, but not totally erased, and they regenerated that. What would that be placed as?

The reason I'm asking this in its own thread is that this has some interesting implications. Mainly, if it doesn't count as, in the prior example, High-Godly, its literally not any level of regen we have, and therefore not technically regen. Needless to say, that is wrong on several levels.

Yeah, I wondered about this too. Ppl like Zach Noveda or Spirit Severing Meng Hao can regenerate their souls from damage, but not if they're completely destroyed. The "Godly" levels only seem to account for complete destruction.

I feel like I've seen stuff like this counted as the normal regen levels and specified to work on souls and concepts and shit. Someone somewhere had like Mid for healing half his soul bt I'd have to search for it

That doesn't really make any sense, since those levels are specifically for your physical body.

Healing the soul its regen different than the standard, doing it so do not guarantee to heal physical wounds just like the other way around. Would suggest to simply put Spiritual Healing for anyone that is capable to heal mutiled souls.

I agree with Antonio (and after re-reading Wok's post he was probably going for the same thing). It's just something like a combination of regular healing and soul or conceptual manipulation or whatever it is that applies in each particular scenario. The latter stuff doesn't affect the potency of the healing in any way.

Why exactly wouldn't my example include the previous layers? Like, I know how regen works, so that entire point makes no sense.

Welp, as already mentioned (I think?), regenerating a damaged soul would requiere an special power to do so, souls do not have levels of regen since its immaterial and one "part" is not more important than the other, so, up to the verse, but being flexible, is independent of the level of regen. In the case of Anima, Sacrifice damage, that kind of damage that mutilate one's essence, ignore any level of regen, and the target "heal" at a very slow rate indepently of the level of regen.

Other kind of essential damage is like the one that appears in Jingokuraku, when people consume their Tao, their very essence, they also lost part of themself, such memories; iirc, once people here fill their Tao's supply again they also recovertheir memories.

Back