• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regen question

To provide an odd example, a friend of mine wrote a story where a character is erased from existence by his opponent's attack, with statements clarifying that his soul was utterly erased along with his body. He regenerates, with statements clarifying that erasing his body and soul won't kill him, because he can reconstitute his body and soul from a state of non-existence.

The above example could basically be a textbook example of Mid-Godly regeneration.

To hammer it down even more, that character ends up dying when someone erases not only those two things, but also erases the concepts of their existence, thus negating the entire possibility of the character being able to exist. Because regenerating from that would have required High-Godly, which he didn't have.

Is it just the soul being destroyed? Or is both the physical body and soul being destroyed together?

If it's regenerating from the former, it's just Unknown Regen plus Resurrection. Only the latter being regenerated from is Mid-Godly.

Is it just the soul being destroyed? Or is both the physical body and soul being destroyed together?

If it's regenerating from the former, it's just Unknown Regen plus Resurrection. Only the latter being regenerated from is Mid-Godly.
Both can occur to the character I had in mind when making this thread. They can die in both body and soul and reform their soul but their physical body is totally erased until they either acquire a reality-bending item that reforms their body, or they can reform it themselves by absorbing a notably powerful soul. They can be killed over and over in soul form and spring back from it no problem tho.

Last edited:
Both can occur to the character I had in mind when making this thread. They can die in both body and soul and reform their soul but their physical body is totally erased until they either acquire a reality-bending item that reforms their body, or they can reform it themselves by absorbing a notably powerful soul. They can be killed over and over in soul form and spring back from it no problem tho.
That sounds like resurrection and conditional self-healing. And maybe the soul form alone having Mid-Godly. Sounds very messy, to be honest.

If they can reform both the soul and body simultaneously after both have been shown to be destroyed, it would be Mid-Godly.

If they can reform both the soul and body simultaneously after both have been shown to be destroyed, it would be Mid-Godly.
It sounds like the regeneration is reliable for the soul but not so much for the body. I guess that would just be listed separately as a condition or weakness.

Regarding this bit, I'm trying to find the corresponding "regen" level for their Type 4 Immortality, in accordance with the guidelines on the PnA page, which states Types 2, 3, 4 and 8 should list what amount of damage their Immortality can recuperate from/allow them to withstand

Btw would you be able to tag someone who can move this to the proper threads section?

Back