• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Mind Manipulation in versus thread

WrongIdea21

He/Him
In the Versus thread Rules
Mind control resistance by being a capable mind user would also work against other Verses, but mind control resistance through a strong will would not necessarily work against mind control from other Verses.
Just a single and simple Question.

Why?

Some Mind Control can be broken out of through the power of friendship and some Mind Control is shown to be absolute even if you give a speech about love.

Because willpower debates across different verses are pretty stupid, hard to quantify/compare, and are almost always subjective.
Using layers of potency (and numbers, previously) is far more straightforward and quantifiable.

Some Mind Control can be broken out of through the power of friendship and some Mind Control is shown to be absolute even if you give a speech about love.
The willpower that resists mind manipulation can be seen on the layer. for example, the absolute command given can be resisted by a character with strong Willpower, There is also resistance to the takeover of the mind with willpower by some Characters.
But we can't generalize all kinds of Mind manipulation, We just need to justify which layer they're on.
Because willpower debates across different verses are pretty stupid, hard to quantify/compare, and are almost always subjective.
Using layers of potency (and numbers, previously) is far more straightforward and quantifiable.
As I said Above, but what's in SBA said is that just Willpower, it should provide special specifications in this case Willpower which resists specific layers of Mind Manipulation.

Different verse difference how to its work i guess
Of course, what I mean is when we see that the Willpower which resists certain Mind Manips should work, Not because the character has a strong willpower of course he can resist, that's not what I mean but through the feats shown he is resisting at what layer.

Of course, what I mean is when we see that the Willpower which resists certain Mind Manips should work, Not because the character has a strong willpower of course he can resist, that's not what I mean but through the feats shown he is resisting at what layer.
I mean, that's already how it's treated on the site.
More quantifiable forms of Willpower-based resistance, such as the One Piece ones for example, are used on VS Threads.
I'm pretty sure it's just the "X can resist Y's hax through sheer willpower shenanigans" type deals are the ones we don't use. But as long as the willpower based thing has is quantifiable, it should be fine.

I mean, that's already how it's treated on the site.
More quantifiable forms of Willpower-based resistance, such as the One Piece ones for example, are used on VS Threads.
I'm pretty sure it's just the "X can resist Y's hax through sheer willpower shenanigans" type deals are the ones we don't use. But as long as the willpower based thing has is quantifiable, it should be fine.
Fair.
I'm just little bit Confused.

There are also types of mind control that just don't care about willpower. Like, you maybe can break out of a hypnotism via willpower, but if someone mind controls you by physically altering your brain your willpower is irrelevant (unless it reaches the point where it can like warp reality by willpower alone or some nonsense)

There are also types of mind control that just don't care about willpower. Like, you maybe can break out of a hypnotism via willpower, but if someone mind controls you by physically altering your brain your willpower is irrelevant (unless it reaches the point where it can like warp reality by willpower alone or some nonsense)
Yeah it can be case by case then.

Because the mind control could be of greater potency than of what they resisted.
I already reply this type of question

Back