• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding High Godly Regenerationn

High-Godly: Able to regenerate from the simultaneous erasure of oneself and the contents of their own respective dimensional level (eg. the multiverse).

How's that?

The Everlasting said:
High-Godly: Able to regenerate from the simultaneous erasure of oneself and the contents of their own respective dimensional level (eg. the multiverse).

How's that?
I'm indifferent. I'd think it still sounded a little confusing if it wasn't me reading it.

Maybe something like this, as a rough draft:

High-Godly: Able to regenerate even if your existence is erased and the level of reality that you occupy is destroyed. This is relative to the dimensional level of a character. For example, a 3-D character is not required to regenerate from an 11-D scale, as its existence does not reach that high in the first place.

@Cal

I don't think it's that hard to understand what I put.

Regenerating from the simultaneous erasure of yourself and everything in the dimensional level you exist in, such as the multiverse.

The Everlasting said:

How's that?
I agree with that wording.

We only needed to clarify what "reality" meant in the old deffinition.

Everlasting's wording takes care of the issue.

I'll give it my own shot

"High-Godly: Able to regenerate from your deletion, as well as the reality you're in respective to your dimensional level. For example, a 2-B character would need to regenerate from an apparent 4-D spatiotemporal erasure of themselves and their current reality."

Edit: ninja'd

@Cal

That one sounds too... jumbled, I feel.

Also, "4-D spatiotemporal" is redundant asf, lol.

Nvm things just got overcomplicated.

Able to regenerate from having their existence completely erased, as well as the dimesion(s) they are confined by being completely destroyed or erased.

Ex. A 4-D high godly is infinitely weaker than the one above it. Yet a 4-D being cant regenerate on a 5-D level as it transcends their existence.

@UMR

If that's the specific wording (Not sure it is), then I have an issue with it.

Namely, very rarely do characters actually destroy the dimension. Yes, they can erase, say, the multiverse, but not the actual 4th dimension.

The problem is that a 3-D character simply occupies a single universe. If it regenerates from the complete destruction of that and itself, that should be sufficient to qualify for High-Godly. Mentioning the multiverse seems misleading and prone to cause misunderstandings.

I would much prefer if we use my version as a template to be gradually improved upon.

Alright, another shot (sad I can't think of a Hamilton reference ;_;):

"High-Godly: Able to regenerate from the erasure of oneself and the spatiotemporal collapse of a reality equal to one's dimensional level"

It's just an example. My description specifically says "the contents of their own respective dimensional level", and gives the multiverse as an example of such a thing (As well as, let's be real, where all High-Godly's will get their regen from).

Antvasima said:
The problem is that a 3-D character simply occupies a single universe. If it regenerates from the complete destruction of that and itself, that should be sufficient to qualify for High-Godly. Mentioning the multiverse seems misleading and prone to cause misunderstandings.

I would much prefer if we use my version as a template to be gradually improved upon.
Keep in mind that said 3D guy must:

1) Not regenerate from a soul (Low godly)

2) Not regenerate in a different universe (must regen in the void it was his/her universse).

3) Not regenerate from any type of Immortality (i.e 8) (mid godly).

The 3D being would need to accomplish all this in order to be a candidate for High godly regen. Otherwise it'd just be Low/Mid godly depending on context.

Antvasima said:
High-Godly: Able to regenerate even if your existence is erased and the level of reality that you occupy is destroyed. This is relative to the dimensional level of a character. For example, a 3-D character is not required to regenerate from an 11-D scale, as its existence does not reach that high in the first place.
Again, this version is a full concise explanation of the concept. I would very much appreciate if we could simply focus on collaborating with improving the wording and the flow, rather than everybody posting different versions.

Isn't the minimum 4-D, since three dimensional characters are also bound by the time dimension?

@Unite My Rice

The complete destruction of a universe is a 4-D event, yes. In a sense we are all somewhat 4-dimensional, but that is too complicated a discussion to fit into such a brief explanation. I am open for suggestions how to make my explanation better though.

I thought you guys agreed that 3D characters could get High godly. If you read my first comment, I said that it'd require a minimun of 4 dimensions.

I like Ant's wording too.

I'm still unsure if this comes from a result of a 4th dimensional erasure, or the erasure of the 4th dimension. Yes, they sound similar, but massive difference.

Yes, a spatially 3-D character would have to regenerate from a spatio-temporally 4-D destruction of the universe as a minimum.

Now we have to figure out how to concisely incorporate that information into the explanation that I wrote.

"Able to regenerate even if your existence is erased along with your respective dimensional level of reality."

That shortens Ant's thing and gets the point across.

I mean if we have to explain how dimensions work on a Regenerationn description, we're better off referencing the dimension page, and updating it if need be.

Cal's version seems good to me.

The real cal howard said:
I'm still unsure if this comes from a result of a 4th dimensional erasure, or the erasure of the 4th dimension. Yes, they sound similar, but massive difference.
Before I enter the one Matt & Ant are cool with, I gotta get this answered. Depending on the answer, I may have to add two words in.

Can you clarify your question?

Coming back from the 4th dimensional erasure of your universe (w/o coming back through another one).

Coming back from the erasure of (everything in) your 4th dimension.

Are both High-Godly or just the latter? I think both are.

I think that both would qualify as High-Godly.

Kay, then. Small change, in that case. Very small.

The real cal howard said:
"Able to regenerate even if your existence is erased along with the respective dimensional level of your residing reality."

This version seems to have a better text flow:

"Able to regenerate even if your existence is erased alongside the dimensional level of the reality you reside in."

Take out "that" and it's perfect. And replace "along with" with "alongside"

Sorry...that's the English-professor-for-a-mother in me...

However, that version can still be misunderstood to mean that a spatially 3-D character has to recover from, for example, the 11-dimensional collapse of the multiverse that it resides in, which is not necessary.

I am afraid that it can still be misunderstood in the same regard.

Back