• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Gohan's 3-A Rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
You keep saying "Oh Blue, Oh Blue can you stop trying to make us seem biased?". How about you actually answer my question?

Im not a regular here but believe that gohan's large boost is just as PIS as krillin's fight with Goku. I dont know why people dont see it. Going from less than 4-B to 3-A within hours in completely PIS. Also, if goku were to actually fight gohan seriously in blue then it wouldn't have been an exchange of a couple of punches. It would be much more serious. But he originally had the intention of going kk blue from the beginning to demonstrate his power thats why he only punched once or twice.

Thebluedash said:
You keep saying "Oh Blue, Oh Blue can you stop trying to make us seem biased?". How about you actually answer my question?
I already did. You either didn't see it, or is ignoring it, or is purposefully ignoring context on both fights to create a false equivalency.

The episodes with Kuririn established that Base Goku > Base Gohan (Pre Potential Unlock) > Kuririn. They also establish that both Goku and Gohan were holding back, and Goku only went SSB to test Kuririn's resolve.

Meanwhile with Gohan it's been established that:

• Gohan's Hidden Potential > Goku and Vegeta (Stated by both
  • Gohan has been training with Piccolo for years now
  • During Gohan's fight with Goku he repeatedly demands that Goku go all out, and repeatedly overpowers Goku as Goku continuously gradually shows more of his power
  • Gohan dashes at Goku at 100%, to which Goku replies with SSB.
  • They trade blows and Goku needs to use Kaioken to win.
Both are not equal nor comparable.

Well, to avoid provoking further anger between the staff members and regular visitors, I will reverse the upgrade for the time being.

Antvasima said:
Well, to avoid provoking further anger between the staff members and regular visitors, I will reverse the upgrade for the time being.
Also please make a rule that no stats are changed until tournament ends. Gohan's original content revision barely got any input and Matthew did all the upgrade by himself. Most people seem to disagree with it.

@Aizen

I don't see who you are comparing that to.

@Antvasima

If neither you agree with it, and neither do plenty of staff, and I have yet to see a single person on the side that Gohan doesn't scale provide an analytical argument using the entire scene, why should we reverse it?

Overpower Goku? To me it was a fight where both sides had about the same punches in.

"They trade blows and Goku needs to use Kaioken to win"

Gohan told him to go full power. so he did. Now you'll say I'm interpreting the "feat" wrong. When I will say the same thing to you too. So, which is why I said to reverse the profile for now, since we can't truly prove either side truly. But you're like

"I won't accept the fact that I might not be right, IT CAN'T be reversed, I will keep the bad blood in this thread going"

I'm not even saying you are 100% wrong, I'm saying you might be, which is why we shouldn't add it to the profile yet. Anyways, I'm so done with this. If you're not going to crack I don't care anymore. I'm off to reply to a future Bleach thread or something.

@TheBlueDash

If Goku could have won with only his regular Super Saiyan Blue, why Kaioken?

Goku was using the SSB at 100%.

I have proved I was right by using the scene, if I could say so. The entire plot and dialogue indicates so. The entire point of the fight was that Goku didn't want to use 100%, but Gohan wanted to, and kept pushing him to do it, which culminated with SSB.

I am asking a simple thing. Can you, using the scene proper, point to the part that would indicate that Goku was holding back when he was using SSB?

@Aizen Please try to stop provoking Matthew. Thank you.

@Matthew Well, it was just a few second battle sequence, and although I still think that Gohan seemed to be 3-A within it, it does not hurt to wait for a few months. It is far more important to keep peace within our community.

@Matthew

He should reverse it becuz of extreme inconsistencies in Super. Sure Gohan has good potential but we will for more furthur prove. Goku is a pretty bad scaling source in these recent episodes.

Antvasima said:
@Aizen Please try to stop provoking Matthew. Thank you.
@Matthew Well, it was just a few second battle sequence, and although I still think that Gohan seemed to be 3-A within it, it does not hurt to wait for a few months. It is far more important to keep peace within our community.
I agree with this sentiment.

@Matt, how are your scans helping your side?

"At 1:45, Gohan gets more serious and hits Goku with a punch to the gut that by Goku's expression was really painful. Then he continues to beat the shit out of Super Saiyan 2 Goku.

At 2:00, after kicking Goku's ass, he says: "Get serious, dad!" Goku does get more serious and they match each other briefly.

And at 2:20, he says it again: "Please get serious, dad!", and then quickly overpowers Goku again. Gohan powers up to 100%, indicated by the sudden aura he gains.

He says "Fight me at full strength! At full strength! See my full strength!",screaming "This is my full strength!", to which Goku replies by going Super Saiyan Blue.

Gohan wasn't at full power during SSJ2 Goku, or else he wouldn't have grossly overpowered him, as he did here"

From what I see, you automatically think Gohan went 100% at 2:20, but it is never stated. In fact, prior to that, Gohan had charged up several times, and for the most part, while he was indeed beating up on Goku, Goku was likewise being able to damage Goha

"Gohan has been training with Piccolo for years now

He was not training for a long time, so where did you get this?

During Gohan's fight with Goku he repeatedly demands that Goku go all out, and repeatedly overpowers Goku as Goku continuously gradually shows more of his power

This is not a point to either side

Gohan dashes at Goku at 100%, to which Goku replies with SSB.

Yes, as he tells Goku to go full power

They trade blows and Goku needs to use Kaioken to win."

Once again, Gohan tells Goku to go full power, indicating that it was to grant Gohan's wish, not necessarily a necessity.

Well, I have now reverted the 3-A edits. Thebluedash does have a point in that we do not know for certain yet, and it does not hurt to simply wait for a while.

I would also appreciate if everybody would prioritise keeping peace and harmony within the community over simple character statistics.

@SomebodyData Matthew has now agreed to back off and accept the statistics reversion. I do not think that we should continue to argue about this.

@SD

It is not directly stated, but the show doesn't need to spoonfeed you everything. By context and dialogue, it's clear that Gohan was powering up too.

Also, for Goku damaging Gohan before. If you watch Goku vs Freeza and Goku vs Cell, in both fights the two opponents damage each other while they are holding back immensely. This is a very common trope in Dragon Ball, held-back fights that look 100% like serious fights.

Gohan started training with Piccolo since the Universe 6 Arc, even if not daily, he has been training. His Potential-Unlock was just the latest culmination of a years-long process.

"This is not a point to either side"

Yes it is, it proves that the argument that Goku was holding back in SSB is bogus.

And yes, he tells Goku to go full power while matching him in SSB. Because he knows that Goku's power goes beyond basic SSB. The context here is obvious. Gohan can match SSB Goku and could only be defeated with the usage of the Kaioken. If there was no Kaioken I'd agree with you, but with Kaioken there's really no argument. If Goku could stop Gohan without Kaioken, he'd have done so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back