• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Red Dwarf revision

When I first made the red dwarf profile profiles there were a few mistakes or misconceptions which came with the garbled memory of attempting to unpack 12 seasons of a frequently more character focused series. That being said, there are a few updates and edits to make to the profiles, ones that are mainly minor in the grand scheme of things.

'''Quantum skipper

Episode in question: Season 12 episode 6 "Skipper"

Sources: [[1]], [[2]] (notable extracts are found at around 7:00 and 11:20)

While some proper analysis of this device have been used as side justification in Legio's profile this hasn't been applied to Kryten's profile and there are other things to add in the powers section. Kryten is stated to have accidentally miscalculated the settings on a quantum skipper and caused a "hole in space time" which should be low 2-C, ergo he should have such a rating apparent through the quantum skipper as well as through the time gauntlet. Said lesion also caused multiple alternate realities to feed back into the original universe and cause people to take the action that was taken in the other universe. This makes people take the opposite action the would have, which is textbook causality manipulation (unlike the passive BFR currently listed) and is achieved through reality warping at a presumably 2-C level (due to the multitude of realities colliding). However I'm not a physicist and I'm not exactly sure how to interpret these statements, all that is apparent is that Kryten created a lesion in space time causing other realities to interact with our own and people experiencing the consequences of them (it is also stated parallel universe travel can't be done until the lesion is fixed). Kryten was also able to fix it afterwards which should be some form of space time manipulation or a nullification thereof

Red Dwarf attack potency

Episode in question: Season 4 episode 4 "White Hole"

Sources: [[3]] (24:00 thereabouts)

117662C4-32CB-4BFC-9191-4CA3DD210A21
As seen clearly the planetoids pushed by the red dwarfs thermonuclear bomb is of similar size to the white hole which was stated to be the exact inversion of a black hole and should therefore be of similar size. Therefore the red dwarf should be ranked as Solar System Level

Um

Kryten should probably get Athletic Human attack potency, he was capable of knocking out Lister and the Cat casually in Legion and has also run away from incredibly muscular monsters which should be a sign of some athleticism.

Top paragraph seems fine

I'm not sure about this one since a planet was used to plug the white hole up, not the missile directly, however calculating the solar flare caused by the nuke may be an option.

I think Kryten can be 9-B considering he was used as a battering ram to smash down metal doors when the power on Red Dwarf was on low.

Hm, well I think the point is about the feat is that it's basically Thanks for your opinion, although I ever the fact that the heat would be impossible to calculate due to the planets moving likely far faster than light, meaning the kinetic energy would be far higher than what it was supposed to be, so the best means of intercepting the tier would be the siege of the object it moved CIA a chain reaction that mainly cushioned the impact more than anything (I don't think the point was it was supposed to be a chain reaction, just that the middle would have to use planets as it probably couldn't get close to the white hole nor would the explosion have an actual mass to block the white hole up with).

As for Kryten being 9-B I'm not sure, I imagine it would be more about the force Loster and Cat were exerting and the feat itself is more of a durability one (which is included in the profile under that, I think). Although Lister and Cat have been shown to get in fights with each other showing they have likely wall level durability and so the fact Kryten can knock then out may be a 9-B feat (although altogether I don't know if this would be an outlier). I suppose it would make sense for Kryten to be "10-A, potentially 9-B".

I'm possibly wondering if the initial feat would be 2-A as it seemed to be a multiversal anomaly that prevented travel to parallel universes and I'm not sure how to interpret the statements altogether.

Back