• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

Fr dude is just a... dude
Literally. So far all the designs for the new fighters have been so bland, Ra and Prometheus are just some buff guys, Morigan looks like a genereic demon girl down to the hair, Wukong just looks ******* stupid. The only design that I kinda like even a little is Cu.

And they try so hard to make these mfs look tuff with the blacked out faces and the constant glazing from the narrator and it's just kinda cringe. Like when they called Ra the outer god and there was big text saying absolute I actually cringed so hard, like bro what did this man do to deserve the glaze.

I think I read somewhere that it's a different guy writing and drawing Apocalypse and that would explain a lot.

Last edited:
Literally. So far all the designs for the new fighters have been so bland, Ra and Prometheus are just some buff guys, Morigan looks like a genereic demon girl down to the hair, Wukong just looks ******* stupid. The only design that I kinda like even a little is Cu.

And they try so hard to make these mfs look tuff with the blacked out faces and the constant glazing from the narrator and it's just kinda cringe. Like when they called Ra the outer god and there was big text saying absolute I actually cringed so hard, like bro what did this man do to deserve the glaze.

I think I read somewhere that it's a different guy writing and drawing Apocalypse and that would explain a lot.
Wukong looks like your typical rich snobby manhua side character. I wouldn't mind a more human appearance of Wukong (which wouldn't be the first time) but at least give him some cool Chinese armor. Maybe he'll change his outfit for his fight.

I'm not sure if its the same artist as the main series but if it is I think the blackening is too much. Like I get it can be cool but its used for everything at this point.

I'm not sure if its the same artist as the main series but if it is I think the blackening is too much. Like I get it can be cool but its used for everything at this point.
This so much. Iirc in the main series the only characters that do the blackening thing are Poseidon as well as LuBu and Thor in their final clash and it makes them look menacing as hell because it is used so rarely

Prometheus likes Cú because he's a demigod, so he brought him to infirmary (Or at least his room). Cú responds by throwing a bed at him. Prometheus wants to win due to hating the gods, he has a special idea for the new bill to add to the constitution
even-more-apoc-spoilers-v0-cb86sgspovwd1.jpg

even-more-apoc-spoilers-v0-z8226nypovwd1.jpg

even-more-apoc-spoilers-v0-vvc3re3qovwd1.jpg

Wukong might be the God I dislike the most out of all the shown Outer Gods, and he hasn't even done anything or fought. Just because of his design.
Fr you have Sun Wukong, someone famous for shapeshifting, the literal monkey king and you have him looking like reject from the 1970s. It's so stupid

It's especially annoying because the main series has some goated designs and even the ones that look nothing like what you'd expect (Zeus, Raiden, Leo) still are super memorable and distinct

The biggest thing to think about is like, what's the point of this series. None of these extra gods show up in the main story aside from Indra, and he originates from there anyways. And we know that Zeus is in the main tournament roster anyways, so we already know who wins unless one of the extra gods wanted something random like Indra wanting to allow smoking on the sidelines.

The biggest thing to think about is like, what's the point of this series. None of these extra gods show up in the main story aside from Indra, and he originates from there anyways. And we know that Zeus is in the main tournament roster anyways, so we already know who wins unless one of the extra gods wanted something random like Indra wanting to allow smoking on the sidelines.
Yea it's a series that exists entirely for fan service and turn off your brain action but it's not even good at that because it's so boring

Idk why you guys surprised, Record of Ragnarok uses their own interpretation of the Gods and is loose with how they work.

Personally im betting this is just a casual form, and Wukong has an actual monkey form he'll use in his round. Hes obviously not gonna be as broken as the character actually is (Go to all the other wukong clones instead)

Idk why you guys surprised, Record of Ragnarok uses their own interpretation of the Gods and is loose with how they work.

Personally im betting this is just a casual form, and Wukong has an actual monkey form he'll use in his round. Hes obviously not gonna be as broken as the character actually is (Go to all the other wukong clones instead)
The problem isn't that it looks different from the myth Wukong, the problem is that it looks stupid

Originally I was think that this spin-off would build up to a potential 14th god fighter given its pacing and how both Okita and Susano'o were walking death flags, but since we didn't get the tie this round I'm honestly thinking we aren't getting it at all

Spin-Off, Record of Rangarok is rather large

Chiruran: Shinsengumi Requiem
Record of Ragnarok
The Legend of Lü Bu "The Flying General
Jack the Ripper Case Files
Gods' Apocalypse
Technically its Chiruran: Shinsengumi Requiem and the spin offs are:

Record of Ragnarok
The Legend of Lü Bu "The Flying General
Jack the Ripper Case Files
Gods' Apocalypse

The leak about the next human fighter getting teased was false

Jack the Ripper vs Heracles: 26 Minutes and 57 Seconds (Dear God)
Buddha vs Zerofuku/Pāpīyas: 21 Minutes and 37 Seconds (Mahapari Nirvana)
Nikola Tesla vs Beelzebub: 18 Minutes and 6 Seconds (Sorath Resh)
Lü Bu vs Thor: 16 Minutes and 28 Seconds (Geirröd Thor's Hammer)
Cú Chulainn vs Ra-Horakhty: 15 Minutes and 13 Seconds (Gáe Bolg)
Sasaki Kojirō vs Poseidon: 13 Minutes and 7 Seconds ( Sōen Zanko Banjin Ryōran)
Qin Shi Huang Di vs Hades: 12 Minutes and 57 Seconds (Shi Huang Guard and Yan Cut)
Okita Sōji vs Susano'o-no-Mikoto: 11 Minutes 25 Seconds (Three-Stage Heavenly Ascension)
Raiden Tameemon vs Shiva: 11 Minutes and 16 Seconds (Deva Loka)
Leonidas vs Apollo: 9 Minutes and 30 Seconds (Argyrotoxos)
Adam vs Zeus: 7 Minutes and 13 Seconds (Fist Strike)

Fight was mid but the ending is heat
Yeah, Okita's story never hit me and just always knew he was going to win, for thr story to continue Sussano was never allowed to win. I wantes him to win which is why I still hoped for a draw or something

Back