• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Recent News.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, it's not like it was a bad thing, we just have to watch our language.

Though I don't remember ever using the terms banned by FANDOM.

i absolutely hate everything they've been doing, it's honestly hard to stay on this site with the way it's been going

Similar to what is happening on Amino. People dislike having to exercise their manners online, hehe. Jokes aside, yes, there's a lot of people that have the "it's the internet, grow up if you feel offended by words, blah blah blah + bonus: kill yourself :)" and I'm happy to see this rule being in here. It's sad this mentality has gotten to the point that we need a rule to remind people they have to be respectful and not treating those "jokes" as a common and ok thing one does.

I just hope I don't screw up accidentally.

I still remember the day I mistyped "rapping".

I actually have to agree with Alexcar here. While I myself have grown pretty resistant to these types of things, that doesn't mean the rest of the community feels the same way. What might be a joke to one person might be extremely offensive to another, so we're better off having these slurs off limits. There are rules for a good reason, be they implicit or explicit, and the internet isn't exempt from such rules.

It's not like it'll affect any of our pages... right?

I doubt mine will be affected, but seeing some members' reactions, they might be affected.

I don't want to sound like I am completly bashing FANDOM for their actions, but I find it very unkind to ban people for saying unkind words. I believe in forgiveness, and that the FANDOM should be kind and forgive those who treat others without said kindness.

Regardless, I am not the person responsible for making such a decision.

I am a big believer in free speech, so unfortunately, I cannot support what FANDOM is doing in any way, shape or form. However, I do understand why they're doing it and where they're coming from. And since they are a service that I am currently using, I can't do much to really change anything. I am bound to the Terms of Use, as all other users, and the only way to win a game with them is to stop playing all together.

Also, it's not like every swear word is being forbidden. Just a few specific ones that can be really harmful in the wrong hands.

The only real one I have any issue with is the C word, and even then, only because people from Britain might be used to utilizing that word liberally, since there it's basically just a harsher version of "asshole".

I'm with Crabwhale and Yellowpig

More like neutral. I can't hate it, but I don't have to like it.

Copetan said:
Noes, this wiki is rlly sirious.
All jokes are banned now have a nice day
Replying on Threads is also banned

I think TUCQ gave eveeryone on this Wiki a fear of quotes

Noes, this wiki is rlly sirious.

All jokes are banned now have a nice day

[Redacted] Battkes Wiki.

Haha I mistyped Battles.

Remember when I posted my wall-o-text describing abilities and nobody understood because "complex" and whatnot? The opposite happens to me. Right now. I have no idea what's happening in here and am filled with confusiones.

Alexcar3000 said:
Remember when I posted my wall-o-text describing abilities and nobody understood because "complex" and whatnot? The opposite happens to me. Right now. I have no idea what's happening in here and am filled with confusiones.
talking about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back