• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reaper vs Adam Taurus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is actually closer than it looks, don't let the wet towel they turned Adam into in Volume 5 fool you.

Reaper holds an AP advantage of x2 from what I'm aware of, but Adam can close that gap via absorbing Reaper's shots with his semblance. Reaper can't go intangible forever, and he can't attack in that form either. Meanwhile Adam can play defensive, absorbing shots before unloading them back at Reaper with enough strength to significantly harm him.

I feel like Adam takes this High-Diff. Reaper might get some shots in early on, but the more Adam manages to block, the more he can throw back. And considering his experience fighting the likes of Blake, I'm sure he'll work around Wraith form and eventually abuse the fact Reaper can't constantly stay in it.

@Dargoo The gap between Reaper and baseline High 8-C is .9 tons, unless someone calcs Hammond's escape pod durability

when Dargoo uses the Building level+ stats

Yeah, Adam takes this with mid-diffculty then.

Seriously though someone needs to calc Hammond's ball durability

If Drake and Josh can have a High 8-C feat then dammit so can that hamster!

Ouch.

I cut myself from all the edge.

Adam for Dargoo's reasons.

Reaper can constantly be in wraith form. In the game, there's a cooldown that prevents you from abusing it to be fair. In the comics, which are canon, Reaper abuses his wraith form in his fight with Soldier 76.

This is kinda why I don't see Adam winning.

No actually he didnt, he used it once in the actual fight. Ana still shot Reaper twice in that comic and Jack literally pinned him down and beat him with his fists.

Also Reaper should also have a resistance to sleep manip, as well as flight via his wraith form

WeeklyBattles said:
Also Reaper should also have a resistance to sleep manip, as well as flight via his wraith form
That's resistance to Poisons at best. Ana uses darts, not a special power/ability to put her foes to sleep.

Very limited flight, even then that can be chalked up to his teleportation, in which he tends to turn into smoke to do in-game anyways.

Reaper can constantly be in wraith form. In the game, there's a cooldown that prevents you from abusing it to be fair. In the comics, which are canon, Reaper abuses his wraith form in his fight with Soldier 76.

He isn't constantly in-it in character, and he has to materialize to attack.

WeeklyBattles said:
Yes poison, my bad
i mean he literally flew away into the sky in his wraith form in the comic
Reap Flies?
Not really. He entirely dissipated, which is remarkably similar to how he teleports. Since Ana/Soldier couldn't see where he went, though, you could say that shows a higher range for his teleportation.

WeeklyBattles said:
No actually he didnt, he used it once in the actual fight. Ana still shot Reaper twice in that comic and Jack literally pinned him down and beat him with his fists.

Reaper can stay intangible forever if he is in wraith form forever? Like Adam can never hit Reaper when Reaper is in wraith form. But Reaper cannot attack or even reload in wraith form so both will stand in stalemate.

And IIRC Reaper has higher reaction speed than Adam so Adam cannot react to Reaper's sneak attack. So Reaper can kite Adam and Adam's aura of absorbing damages will run out and his damage will accumulate. Or when Adam is left with a wide open Reaper finishes Adam off with Death Blossom.

Speed equalised - 50:50, inconclusive

Speed unrestricted - Reaper takes it with high difficulty

Dargoo Faust said:
Reap - 2? (Weekly, Drayco)

Adam - 4 (Dargoo, Gargoyle, Jason, Sir Ovens)
Mein Fuehrer...

I voted for Reaper if speed unrestricted and inconclusive if speed equalised

First of you're saying he can stay intangible forever when he can't

Second, how does he win with speed equal but get an inconclusive Unequal?

Yeah, voting Reaper.

The intangibility would definitely be in handy for moves like the Moonslice, His much better healing would also be useful, and not to mention his limitless hammerspace of shotguns, and the higher experience.

Actually question

How long can he remain intangible? I know it's not forever but IDK the exact time

Hammerspace shotguns are very much a non factor here, given Adam comes from a world where gunpowder can take the form of the elements and guns can turn into swords.

Adam can spam moonslice, but Reaper can't stay intangible forever.

Gargoyle One said:
Actually question

How long can he remain intangible? I know it's not forever but IDK the exact time
From what we see in the comics and cinematics, he can only stay intangible for short bursts of time.

Adam cant really spam Moonslice. He has only ever shown to use it in one go and one shot. Reaper however cant go intangible forever, but it has fast cooldown rates. He can still regen in this smoke form aswell, and it doesn't really strain him to constantly keep using it.

Heck, he cant attack in this state, so that would probably answer to why he doesn't just stay intangible. Since theres no clear confirmation on how long he can hold it, other than a game mechanic.

Or Reaper could slowly sidestep in the direction where Adam is swinging, use both of his fists to slam him down, and instantly win the fight.

Reap - 4? (Weekly, Drayco, Jason, Jinx)

Adam - 3 (Dargoo, Gargoyle, Sir Ovens)

Although I'm pretty sure Weekly didn't actually vote yet

Jinx666 said:
Or Reaper could slowly sidestep in the direction where Adam is swinging, use both of his fists to slam him down, and instantly win the fight.
This assuming Adam won't react to Reaper coming from the side. Remember, Adam is a Fanus like Blake, he should have enhanced senses.

Reap - 3 ( Drayco, Jason, Jinx)

Adam - 4 (Dargoo, Gargoyle, Sir Ovens, Adam)

Gargoyle One said:
First of you're saying he can stay intangible forever when he can't

Second, how does he win with speed equal but get an inconclusive Unequal?
Typos. Amended. Thanks.

Sir Ovens said:
Jinx666 said:
This assuming Adam won't react to Reaper coming from the side. Remember, Adam is a Fanus like Blake, he should have enhanced senses.
Lol twas a Volume 5 joke

~~But if he cant hear Blake, i doubt he can hear Reaper~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back