• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Realm of the Mad God Discussion Thread

Here is the effigy. My biggest concern with this is whether or not it could be considered as still part of the Void Entity’s forces though cause he did possess it, even if for a short time.

Here is the effigy. My biggest concern with this is whether or not it could be considered as still part of the Void Entity’s forces though cause he did possess it, even if for a short time.
It likely still is possessed since Enitity shape-shifts into it if I recall

Just a quick question here, but would Malphas scale to the rock dragon for having created it?
hmmmm... You could make it a prep feat, IIRC just making something doesn't automatically scale you to it's AP, Example being the Cultists who made the Marble Colossus

hmmmm... You could make it a prep feat, IIRC just making something doesn't automatically scale you to it's AP, Example being the Cultists who made the Marble Colossus
That’s fair…I was just asking because as far as I understand it the rock dragon was just something Malphas whipped up with the leftover debris after he was finished crafting the four stone dragons, but I understand something like that could still take time. But unlike the four dragon statues the reason the rock dragon is alive seems to be completely on Malphas so if he gets prep in a VS debate…yikes

That’s fair…I was just asking because as far as I understand it the rock dragon was just something Malphas whipped up with the leftover debris after he was finished crafting the four stone dragons, but I understand something like that could still take time.
Yeah, it's not really an AP feat, Malgus is a super good mason, that's the point I feel

Yeah, it's not really an AP feat, Malgus is a super good mason, that's the point I feel
That and also a case of life manip and possibly power bestowal if I ever saw one. I kinda have to wonder why he didn’t bother bringing his og dragon statues to life also.

Need some a these

June 2011, didn't last long under Wild Shadow Studios as you can probably tell

Sorry for the delay. Work was kinda wearing me out. Is there a minimum limit on how many references a profile needs? Like if it's higher than one?

There is no minimum or maximum, just remember for repeat references, best shown with my Vinnie Cannoli profile, it is an entirely different beast then normal references

Yep

I'll probably make a skuld profile once I've unfucked everything about the verse sans the Player Character profiles because I am not touching those with a 10 foot barge pole

Aye, I'll try to check the entire ROTMG Lore wiki as they have the texts all transcripted, but man, will it take a while...

I mean, I've already done most of the heavy lifting in that instance, I was pretty avid on RotMG back in 2021, even if I've fallen out of actually playing I still check up on new Lore lol

If you want to do so go ahead, but I guarantee you that there's a lot of fluff in-between all of the shit actually usable for versus debating

I mean, I've already done most of the heavy lifting in that instance, I was pretty avid on RotMG back in 2021, even if I've fallen out of actually playing I still check up on new Lore lol

If you want to do so go ahead, but I guarantee you that there's a lot of fluff in-between all of the shit actually usable for versus debating
Oh, no worries! I actually like reading up on stuff, and I do it at a pace so I don't get over-focused on versus debating.

I've been playing it on and off for the last few months. Warrior and Rogue are my favorite classes

Oh, no worries! I actually like reading up on stuff, and I do it at a pace so I don't get over-focused on versus debating.

I've been playing it on and off for the last few months. Warrior and Rogue are my favorite classes
Honestly I only thought of doing anything with Epic Conquest on wiki until AFTER I beat the first game for real and got as far as I could in the second game until the main story ran out of content, and only then was I like "huh, would be interesting to debate these characters" lol

#NotAVictimOfVSDebatingBrainRot

When I did play I did most of my crap on Knight or Priest depending on how I was feeling

Although Tier 5/6 might be possible if people scale to the or do stuff to the whole realm since the realm is a planet with continents.
Even though the practical sense of a Realm is shown to be a really ****** small island. Or a Large Star. Or an entire dimension.

Even though the practical sense of a Realm is shown to be a really ****** small island. Or a Large Star. Or an entire dimension.
I think that really small island is more game restrictions since in lore it's a hella lot bigger. But yes realms are dimensions just planetary sized dimensions ones atleast.

Also the Permafrost lord might be scalable since he brought an endless winter (until oryx stopped him lol) to upon the entire realm.
Permafrost Lord
One of the few pleasures of the undead dwarves of the highlands can enjoy is building snowmen in the mountains. Dwarves are natural born craftsmen, even when undead.
Ice is much sturdier than fresh snow, so the dwarves used frost magic to create a multitude of constructs and an icy titan meant to bring an endless winter upon the realm.
Oryx was none too pleased when the effects of this creation impacted his castle, so he scattered the Permafrost Lord’s energy fragments among dozens of the snowy constructs.

I think that really small island is more game restrictions since in lore it's a hella lot bigger. But yes realms are dimensions just planetary sized dimensions ones atleast.
Realm is a broad term in RotMG MGQ. You can't just say "oh game restrictions!" When there's like 3 other things a "Realm" is in this case.
Also the Permafrost lord might be scalable since he brought an endless winter (until oryx stopped him lol) to upon the entire realm.
Doesn't scale to physicals, plus Oryx scattered it's power so it's got actual decent reason to be baseline 8-C if Rock Dragon doesn't net anything useful properly done

Realm is a broad term in RotMG MGQ. You can't just say "oh game restrictions!" When there's like 3 other things a "Realm" is in this case.

Doesn't scale to physicals, plus Oryx scattered it's power so it's got actual decent reason to be baseline 8-C if Rock Dragon doesn't net anything useful properly done
Is there any way there will be valid things to scale to the realm or will it all just be subjected to heavy skepticism? I get realm has referred to the mainland and the entire planet too as we also have statements like this.
Lair of Shaitan
The scorching hot domain of Shaitan is located extremely close to core of the realm. Even most demons find the heat of his lair to be unbearable.
It is in those fires that the Skull of Endless Torment was crafted, a monument to the pain that his victims may endure.
Crystal Entity
The mystifying Crystal Entity rests deep in the realm’s mantle, surrounded by precious stones of incomprehensible value.
The superstitious mushroom tribes worship it as a god of life, nurturing the fungal dwellers and promising the strength of flawless crystals to those who aid it.
The true nature of its existence is unclear, but it does indeed posess the power to construct sentient crystal servants mimicking the form of organic life.
Beachzone
Far off the realm’s coasts is a tiny, tropical island so negligible that it does not appear on the maps of most cartographers.
It was a highly exclusive vacation spot for the elite classes of ancient times, but Oryx’s reign drove out most noblemen.
Forgotten by all but the most determined explorers, it is now indefinitely reserved for just a single patron.
However Permafrost lord feat has reasons to scale beyond just the "island" as it affected Oryx's castle which is on a faraway island
Oryx’s Sanctuary
For as much as Oryx values his own wine cellar, he recognizes the filthy mess it has become after years of invasions and reckless partying.
To satisfy his ego, he demanded a new chamber of his castle that he claimed would be more befitting of his splendor.
That private sanctuary, built into the cliffside of the Mad God’s castle island, is where Oryx retreats in his rare moments of sobriety to scheme with his most sinister allies.
Oryx’s Castle
When Oryx first took control of the realm, he lived on the mainland. However, his minions were still quite weak at the time, leaving him too vulnerable to stay.
For protection, he transferred half of his militia to a large, faraway island and ordered to construct a mighty fortress for him.
To handle the inevitably high traffic of overseas liquor deliveries, Oryx’s underlings installed four separate ports for incoming ships.
Unfortunately for Oryx, this glaring design flaw created several key entry points for invaders in his otherwise impenetrable fortifications.
Then here about the Realms weird state
Shatters
The shattered kingdom was a city-state on an island separate from the realm’s main continent. Like many small kingdoms at the time, it was a monarchy.
Although isolated from the mainland, they were known as one of the most powerful kingdoms of their time, simultaneously raising formidable gladiators and making strides in magic research.
In truth, even Oryx himself was formerly a champion of this kingdom before his ambitions of conquest consumed him.

Is there any way there will be valid things to scale to the realm or will it all just be subjected to heavy skepticism? I get realm has referred to the mainland and the entire planet too as we also have statements like this.

However Permafrost lord feat has reasons to scale beyond just the "island" as it affected Oryx's castle which is on a faraway island

Then here about the Realms weird state
Without multiple consistent feats, yes, indeed.

Yes, Realm can mean Island, Planet, Star, Dimension, in-between dimensions, I'm probably forgetting one or two there, but point is, we can't just say "oh this is what it means!" Without further explanation.

Permafrost Lord can also blow me because I'm not putting that much effort into a feat that'd probably either get low-balled to hell via just scaling to covering the Island because we can't calculate that getting to Oryx bit because oh wait, we have no ******* clue how far it is away! And it also doesn't scale to physicals! Oryx gets away with it cause he uses Non-Physical attacks that have some pheasible reason to scale to his earthquakes, Permafrost Lord is depowered before anyone besides Oryx even touches him.

And this really doesn't matter in this case

Would having the god-tiers downgraded to 8-A also help a lot?
Eh, I really don't care about a character's tiering aside from some specific situations, so whatever we end up with is fine.

And yeah, the realm, even within ROTMG, can mean several things depending on the context and, really, the intention of who is describing it. just like irl godammit

I am reasonably sure that ROTMG is tier 7-ish from some descriptions as I talked with Reaper, but 8-A seems very reasonable as well.

Eh, I really don't care about a character's tiering aside from some specific situations, so whatever we end up with is fine.

And yeah, the realm, even within ROTMG, can mean several things depending on the context and, really, the intention of who is describing it. just like irl godammit

I am reasonably sure that ROTMG is tier 7-ish from some descriptions as I talked with Reaper, but 8-A seems very reasonable as well.

Peak Human lifting strength Oryx is so cursed. Wonder if there's any good LS feats he can scale to.
Believe me if I was comfortable LS scaling him to say, the Rock Dragon's weight, I apsolutely would've gone for it, but you try justifying their scaling beyond "uh... Oryx is stronger?"

Back