• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Real Life vs. Fiction: Navi vs A Cockroach

Jackythejack

They/Them
Time to bring back an old series I tried doing where I set up real world creatures against those of fiction and see how our universe fairs. This was the most fair fight I could find for the cockroach. Speed equal, fight takes place in some random kitchen. Cockroach is bloodlusted

Navi: 1

Cockroach

Just wanna note this bart on Navi's Dura section:

" Unknow (Seemingly immune to ordinary physical harm)".

But anyhow, i vote Navi for better intelligence i guess, i don't know if she is a ball of light, but she seems to have a stronger KE i guess, + she is resistance to brute force damage

Drite77 said:
Just wanna note this bart on Navi's Dura section:
" Unknow (Seemingly immune to ordinary physical harm)".

But anyhow, i vote Navi for better intelligence i guess, i don't know if she is a ball of light, but she seems to have a stronger KE i guess, + she is resistance to brute force damage
I mean you can't really try and hit Navi to be fair so I don't think that counts

I mean, i still vote for Navi due to apparent resistance to the only form of Cockroach's attack and more inteligence

I did some KE calculations:

The average cockroach would have a KE of 0.0338 joules.

Butterflies that land on a Deku Stick turn into fairies in OoT, so fairies should scale above them since they're getting some power from the Deku tree. Navi seems to be an above average fairy. Butterflies apparently have weights varying from 0.25 to 0.75 g, an average butterfly's top speed is 12 mph, above average ones reach 25 mph, and the fastest species can reach 37 mph. Fairies seem pretty big for butterflies, so I'll only use the higher end weight, this could place the KE at: 0.0108 joules, 0.0468 joules, or 0.103 joules. The two higher ends are probably more accurate. We could probably compare Navi's speed of flying to an enemy to a bomb explosion or a Beamos beam's speed and find that she's in the supersonic to rel range, which would get human+ to city block+ results, but that feels dumb and would not be supported by the profile in any way shape or form so let's ignore that for now

So Navi probably has a bit more KE and is fine crashing during high speed flight making her that durable. Navi's able to go a few meters under water, which should put her resistance to pressure in the 1-2kg*g range, while the cockroach's lifting strength of 600g, so although Navi has less lifting strength, the cockroach won't be able to crush her to death easily. Navi's also got a big advantage thanks to flight, probably has more stamina (since she can continuously fly for days on end), and is leagues more intelligent.

Navi takes this fairly decisively.

Back