• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reaction Speed

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Retired
I know that nanoseconds reactions are FTL, but when it said nanosecond can varie from 1 ns to 999 ns, and is FTL a exact lightspeed or a little higher? I wanted to known cuz in the case that some character has a specific reaction speed, we only need to do a rule of three in order to find his/her reation speed

... I was meaning what level exactly of FTL, could be x1-x10, I just wanted to known the exact value

That depends on how many nanaseconds, the object he's dodging or reacting too and at was speed is moving. You should also keep in check pseudo-light. For more info go to the speed page.

This depends on how far the person in question has moved. Let's say for an example, that for a quick movement such as a punch or a dodge, he moved about 1m.

Velocity = Distance/Time

If time = 1 nanosecond

1m/(10^-9 second) = 10^9 m/s, or 3.33 times FTL

If time = 999 nanosecond

1m/(999*10^-9 second) = 1001001m/s, or Mach 2942

However, when novels/fiction refer to nanoseconds in general, they usually mean around 2 to 10 nanoseconds. This will bring a character to usually about Relativistic+ to barely FTL speeds.

This value increases if it is combat speed instead of reactions however, as combat speeds include multiple movements instead of one single movement. This makes the speed higher as the distance covered in a given time would likely be bigger.

But the reaction speed isn't measured in distance/time, is measured in Hz, so how some members of the wiki has said, one nanosecond reaction= FTL or exactly SoL, and a reaction speed of 200 ms, the average human, would be... 1.5 m/s? So, if that relation is correct (between reaction speed and SoL), we can find better values for characters speeds.

Back