• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I want to thank @Celestial_Pegasus for helping me in this CRT. Alright let's start revising!

What needs to be revised​

Apparently Subaru has this ability called Return by Death which let's him time travel, but by death. This gives him resurrection to the point that it gives him Immortality. However, I don't see the immortality part so let's go to the evidence.

Evidence For Immortality​

“I guess I’ll call it ‘Return by Death’… The fact that it’s a power that assumes you’re going to lose really makes it fitting for me, doesn’t it?” It was a power that activated once the user had lost their life. If the heroic thing was to come back from the brink of death and win the day, then getting a chance to do things over after you’ve lost felt more like something a cheat would do. “More seriously, though…would you call this sort of thing time travel?” A loop phenomenon that only activated under certain conditions. If you were to think of it as a game, you could say it was like Subaru was being brought back to an auto-save point, one he had no control over, whenever he died. “So a loop or a time slip, huh… I mean, I’m used to this sort of thing happening in manga, but I saw somewhere that realistically it was really hard to explain time travel to the past…like, that it would be easier to remake the world from scratch rather than slip back in time.”
-Volume 1, Chapter 4

RbD is somewhat a time-travelling power, one that activates via Resurrection. It's also been confirmed in evidence 2 that RbD is infinite and is based on Satella's Delusion.

“…Yeah, please tell me anyway.”
“Your Return by Death, as a power that triggers according to specific conditions, I believe it likely has—”
He sucked in his breath as he awaited her reply.
Echidna’s eyes were looking straight at him. The brief pause in her modest words made Subaru feel like he was waiting for an eternity.
And at the end of his nervous waiting, she said—
“—No limit.”
“Your deaths will never end. No matter how many times you die, no matter what results, your soul will go back in time, seeking to restart until such a time as you break past the fate that led to your death, no matter how cruelly you might be slain, or how mind and body might be broken.”

For a time, the inside of Subaru’s head was wholly occupied by a blank space that resisted comprehension of Echidna’s conclusion. Then, the conclusion spread forth, pushing into that blank space, causing it to break down little by little as comprehension permeated him.
At that point, he finally let out a quavering breath as words trickled out of him.
“—That so.”
“You accepted that surprisingly easily.”
“The thin reaction wasn’t to your liking? Sorry ’bout that.”
He finally returned to a state of mind that could manage a strained smile. That strained smile was still on Subaru’s face when he assented to the Witch’s view, running his thoughts over Return by Death being unlimited.
It was the most favorable conclusion among the hypotheses inside of Subaru. But—
“—Strictly speaking, what you said wasn’t unlimited; you said subject to specific conditions. What are those specific conditions?”
“…Though it vexes me, the Authority that allows you to Return by Death is rooted in the Witch’s wild delusion. If the Witch’s delusion were to expire, you would cease to reject death— I do not know what would occasion such a thing, but…”

-Volume 11, Chapter 5

This further supports Subaru is indeed immortal.

Conclusion​

Subaru will get Types 4 & 8 Immortality due to RbD.

Last edited:
So majority agreed, can I have the pages for those chapters? Like the ones I can snip with.

Back