• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I find the reasons for Videl winning kind of iffy. Videl has the disadvantage with the AP and isn't going to be able to do much against Supersonic+ combat speed in close combat. Since it is in-character for her to resort to close combat first she might get taken out by multiple attacks launched faster than she can react before she can take advantage of her ki-related abilities. Does Videl have any in-character way to reliably avoid or withstand that?

Last edited:
The problem is ranfan has literally never resorted to actual combat at any point, so it's unlikely she would actually fight back before she gets outskilled.

The problem is ranfan has literally never resorted to actual combat at any point, so it's unlikely she would actually fight back before she gets outskilled.
Exactly. And Ranfan also is prone to pretend that she's weak by looking cute and lowerinv her opponents' guard, allowing her to strike by surprise. Since this won't work on Videl, Ranfan doesn't have this advantage

Would Ranfan actually try that on a female opponent? Also if Ranfan never resorted to actual combat before, where does the Heat Fist on her profile come from?

Would Ranfan actually try that on a female opponent? Also if Ranfan never resorted to actual combat before, where does the Heat Fist on her profile come from?
She hit Nam with the Heat Fist. It did some damage, but I think that was after she caught him off guard. I'll rewatch the fight to be sure.

Here is her fight with Namu

She only managed to hurt Namu when he lowered his guard a lot when she started crying and she caught him by surprise.
She doesn't scale to him at all since lowering guard will also lower your durability in DB
She managed to land a kick and a both-handed blow at the beginning of the fight when all she did was wink before that and Namu still had his fighting stance. If Ranfan doesn't scale to Namu at all, then that's certainly not how her profile with its justifications treats it.

Namu didn't treated her seriously at all before she punched him by surprise, and he held back a lot against her since she was girl

Namu didn't treated her seriously at all before she punched him by surprise, and he held back a lot against her since she was girl
That I can see, though he did seem quite serious before that wink and he didn't seem to hold that much back before she began to pretend to be afraid or hurt.

That I can see, though he did seem quite serious before that wink and he didn't seem to hold that much back before she began to pretend to be afraid or hurt.
Namu is usually very serious, but he held back against her, especially after the wink, and she only attack after he lowered his guard, as see when his expression became less serious

Namu is usually very serious, but he held back against her, especially after the wink, and she only attack after he lowered his guard, as see when his expression became less serious
I got the impression that the moment she began pretending to be afraid or hurt is where he let down his guard the most. Before that he seemed at least semi-serious to me. At the very least he should have been more serious than when the "really vulnerable girl" part happened.

Ranfan is stronger and has possibly better combat speed, but Videl is faster in movement and much more skilled, while also having more stamina and being able to fly.

Are we giving Videl ki blasts? She does use basic ki blasts in many of the games, though not in the anime or manga. We DO give Hercule his jetpack from the games.

Are we giving Videl ki blasts? She does use basic ki blasts in many of the games, though not in the anime or manga. We DO give Hercule his jetpack from the games.
We're using canonical feats and abilities only. Plus I heard people aren't supposed to be arguing for their own thread. It's like you put this match up because you intend to have a character win. It's alright to have your own opinion, but when it comes to your own threads it should be kept to yourself. But you are allowed to state each character's wincon, but not argue for which character would achieve the wincon

Well, than it comes down to skill vs strength. Videl is more skilled, has better movement speed, can fly, and has more stamina. Ranfan has more AP and combat speed. Since Ranfan's seduction and pretending to be hurt won't work, it comes down to a straight up technique vs power debate. I always have admired the classic factor of brain vs brawn. Anyone else have anything to add?

Well, than it comes down to skill vs strength. Videl is more skilled, has better movement speed, can fly, and has more stamina. Ranfan has more AP and combat speed. Since Ranfan's seduction and pretending to be hurt won't work, it comes down to a straight up technique vs power debate. I always have admired the classic factor of brain vs brawn. Anyone else have anything to add?
Ranfan can take hits from Videl easy, and if she's smart enough she can hit Videl faster than she can even react

Ranfan can take hits from Videl easy, and if she's smart enough she can hit Videl faster than she can even react
But the question is, is Ranfan smart enough? Most of her tactics won't work on Videl (feminine charm: Videl is straight, faking injury: Videl might not care as much, and if it does work, I doubt she'd fall for it again). So yeah, Ranfan has physical advantages, but her standard tactics aren't really best suited for battling Videl.

But the question is, is Ranfan smart enough? Most of her tactics won't work on Videl (feminine charm: Videl is straight, faking injury: Videl might not care as much, and if it does work, I doubt she'd fall for it again). So yeah, Ranfan has physical advantages, but her standard tactics aren't really best suited for battling Videl.
After this, I'm honestly voting for inconclusive now

Would Ranfan actually bother with her usual tactics against a female opponent? This becomes even more so a question when Ranfan figures out that she has the AP advantage.

Well, with Supersonic+ combat speed Ranfan could probably land a hit on Videl in close combat which is for Videl the in-character option to take in a battle, figure out that she is significantly stronger than Videl and then land more hits before Videl has the time to properly recover.

5 people have voted for Videl and 1 person has voted Inconclusive. I find some of the reasons for Videl iffy, but I do acknowledge that she is more skilled and has better stamina and movement speed along with more versatile options through Ki Manipulation.

Well, with Supersonic+ combat speed Ranfan could probably land a hit on Videl in close combat which is for Videl the in-character option to take in a battle, figure out that she is significantly stronger than Videl and then land more hits before Videl has the time to properly recover.
Hmm, given the speed and AP advantage, if Ranfan does recognize that she's significantly faster and stronger than Videl, she could attempt to deal some damage. Ranfan also has some basis in martial arts, so she's not an idiot, but I'd definitely say she's not as skilled as Videl. If she leads with her standard tactics, that would provide an opening for Videl to get off some attacks.

I think I'm going for inconclusive for now, until we have a better argument in favor of either Ranfan or Videl.

Sorry.

Videl: unknownWarrior, Mr6ame6, Waka1979, Epiccheev, Popted2, Sanicspood

Ranfan: Uncertain (Nehz initially said they were voting for her, but than these other arguments popped up that lead to us deciding we needed more opinions, not sure if they still are officially voting for her or not)

Inconclusive: Bluudy, ZoroNotZolo

Elixir and Gilad have not offered their thoughts yet.

Back