• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
Apparently Nanashi is now the strongest 8-C, but I'm a bit wary. So I decided to throw the second strongest 8-C at him, and if he wins, I'll throw Magnus at him ig?

Black 13 restricted, everything else is fair game

Sorry if this is a stomp, I'm curious

Who wins and why?

Randall Flagg:

Nanashi: 3

Inconclusive:

>All equipment

Black 13 included? Cause that has to be explicitly said in OP since it's not standard equipment

>Randall has all of his equipment, ergo, he has Black Thirteen, which is High 1-B Mindhax

Black 13 is standard equipment.

But I'll restrict that now

While the character has been seen regularly using Maerlyn's Grapefruit and Black Thirteen throughout numerous appearances, the crystals do not actually belong to him, and he is seen traveling without them in his possession just as often as not. On top of this, both orbs are shown to be sentient, and have a tendency to act on their own whenever they are given the opportunity. As such, they are considered a form of outside help, and must be specified by the OP for them to be used in VS threads.

Directly from the profile

Yes, I've read that. That doesn't mean it's not 'standard equipment', it just means it can be considered outside help.

Can you stop derailing and argue the current match please?

GyroNutz said:
Yes, I've read that. That doesn't mean it's not 'standard equipment', it just means it can be considered outside help.
In which case it doesn't count for a VS thread unless stated

Counted.

I contacted MrKing to have his opinion, hopefully he's not dead

If it's the 8-C keys, then Nanashi is lacking much needed resistances to win this. However, Randall isn't packing much in terms of resistances either. So, I feel like this is going to be a "who haxes first" 90% of the time, with Randall possibly taking 10% if Nanashi opens with mindhax (although resistance negation probably just makes it incon in that regard too).

So, Inconclusive until more input is added.

Nothing, Nanashi doesn't have resistances needed to survive anything Randall throws at him, however since vice versa is true it's incon.

Dargoo Faust said:
Nothing, Nanashi doesn't have resistances needed to survive anything Randall throws at him, however since vice versa is true it's incon.
What can Randall actually do to kill him?

Mindhax, Reality Warping, Soulhax, Deathax, BFR, Transmutation, Possession, Sleep Inducement...

I'm not seeing any resistances to these on Nanashi's profile.

Transmutation could work

If Randall mindhax's Nanashi gets forcibly body controlled by Dagda

Soul Hax is actually proven to not work. Azazel tried it and failed due to Dagda having his soul.

BFR could work, assuming Dagda doesn't do something

Good luck possessing something under direct control of a 2-A

Sleep Inducement may work.

And IIRC Randall always starts with death manip

Ah, so it's his immortality that makes him broken.

So Randall has Transmutation, BFR, and Sleep Inducement.

I'm just going to go on a limb and say the number of things Nanashi has to mess with Randall is much, much higher than that, so I'll switch to him.

BFR should probs be off that list too, unless it's something higher than Multiversal+ range since Dagda should have Multiversal+ teleportation.

EDIT: Ye, he has teleportation listed.

The fact that there is any narrative tension in Apocalypse at all despite Dagda existing still boggles my mind

Mitra-Buddha can interfere with Dagda's influence in the sense he can disconnect Souls from their respective Universes with a barrier, which basically makes the latter's Resurrection useless

Anyhow, since the whole "protection from a higher being" deal is unrestricted, I don't think good ol' Randall has anything that can stop Nanashi other than possibly Transmutation, given Dagda will keep resurrecting him and putting him through some Time Shenanigans to place him in the moment that happened exactly before he died, or forcibly control Nanashi's body if Randall tries to mindhax.

Back