• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Randall Flagg Downgrades

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
I've been meaning to address this for a couple of months now. As much as it pains me to say it, Flagg's current speed and durability ratings are unjustified in the extreme, and need to be changed before anything else is done with his profile.

• As far as speed goes, his best raw speed feats (casually deflecting/catching Roland's bullets) seem Supersonic at best, and even his feat of blitzing three trained gunslingers doesn't strike me as being higher than that, since Roland (one of the best in the series) could barely dodge a sneetch that crossed five miles in a few seconds.
  • His durability rating is even more unreasonable. His only blatant durability feat (that I can remember) is taking an arrow through the eye in Eyes of the Dragon, and while this didn't kill him, he was clearly in pain afterwards. (He has both eyes in working order later in the continuity, but since it's been established that he has a history of being reincarnated, that's probably why.) He also boasted that he could survive Blaine the Mono's biological weapons, but while those were later shown killing townspeople in seconds, nothing about them strikes me as having Building level potency. His telekinetic barrier also doesn't seem to be Building level, since his only feat with those is perfectly deflecting bullets from Roland's guns. (Which, while far more powerful than a typical revolver, haven't done any damage on that level before.)
My suggestion is that the profile be downgraded accordingly. If anyone has anything to add, however, that would be appreciated.

I think that this seems reasonable.

Speed seems like a clear-cut Supersonic to me, since characters with identical feats are on that level.

The best I can come up in regards to his physical durability is withstanding the force of his own attacks, which would put him at Wall level, but the arrow thing should probably be added too since it's the only raw durability feat we have on the guy. My guess is that his barriers have either Wall level+ or Small Building level durability due to perfectly deflecting and redirecting multiple bullets from Roland's guns. (Roland's guns are capable of this.)

Do these seem accurate enough?

Back