• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rance verse discussion

I don't know much on Rance series besides that it has sexual themes but I will check more on and I will reply more on it later.

I didn't know that there's an acceptable content rating scale. Oh well. Honestly speaking, the way that the page presents makes me think Rance as a Level 4 because there's 4 famous book series bacause of mature tones and..... Ugh.... Nasuverse. I feel like this is misleading though, I think MGQ (I think it also should be listed on the page) honestly is more ****-focused than Rance (not that I actually played it, but at least from CGs, MGQ has way more than Rance). One of main points of Rance is how he parodies cliches of RPG heroes, his main motivation is sex and because that, he looks out of place with the entirety of the world. I wouldn't say Rance would be an R-rated movie, but Rance really isn't all about that. You could give a look on Alicesoft wiki, specifically on lore pages to see what I'm talking about.

I just noticed that I forgot Okita Nozomi in the list, but that doesn't change anything, her cap is Level 59 so she's already stronger than most of the list.

I checked Rance series synopsis from reddit, the alice soft wiki, and others...; I found that Rance is highly motivated by sexual urges in the plots, from what I found. He has done things to women that would mentally scarred them. I don't think it would be allowed the plot. While the battle gameplay might be PG compared to MGQ, the overarching story is the main cause why the verse is 4 in the scale so it is not allowed.

MGQ's plot focus is on why it is level 3 since its story is largely other themes that aren't sexual in nature.

Rance's plot isn't really based in that, it's just his main motivation. By doing random stuff Rance always ends up having to save someone and even the world, and at that point sexual themes is at most tertiary, if not less. A good chunk of it is even optional. It's even funny how one of "main complains" of Rance X (The final game of the series and also literally the biggest visual novel of history) is the fact there's so little H-CGs while having an absurd amount of everything else. Rance plot in particular is definitely Type 3, it's even hard to argue otherwise.

Having sexual motivations does not determine a series content rating, sexual conduct does. Otherwise series like Highschool DxD would be level 4 due to Issei being a massive pervert.

You cannot look at MGQ and Rance and say that MGQ is more tame when literally every single battle can potentially result in a sex scene as well as the fact that most encounters happen because the monsters are horny and want to have sex. Objectively, there is less sexual conduct in the entirety of Rance then there is in one MGQ game. Rance's urges are merely his motivation to start the story, not the focus of the plot. Its a solid level 3.

Rance Thread: There is a big difference between have sexual motivation and following extreme sexual motivation in the plot/story so I disagree with the comparison o tHigh School DxD. I don't think I will change my mind with the points brought up. It is shown in the plot like Rance 6 [1] that assaults is part of the plots; he assaults with princesses or females of army that he can conquered there. In game like Rance 2 and 3, there is assault option; it look to be mandatory in part of the plot also. I am not the only person who disagreed with the verse being acceptable; I brought the verse on a discussion and people like Paul Frank were familiar with it said it should not be allowed.

I don't think the sexual actions can be separated from the plot so I think it is level 4.

I need to say that your points aren't only completely wrong but they're also simple-minded and one-sided. This is almost certainly because you aren't knowledgeable about the series, so I will try to explain more about to you.

The only notable sexual motivation comes from the protagonist. Rance's world isn't about him assaulting people, in fact, the inhabitants mostly have an sense of justice and disagree how Rance takes these things, people think he's cruel or just really hedonistic but that's exactly why he's so special. The reason these scenes exist in first place is for characterize him or some other character on the world. It's true, there's a relationship about his motivation and the plot, but this isn't nearly close of being the main aspect of the plot, just give a look of how much things happened before he was ever born, H-scenes aren't even close to being the main aspect of the series. To be fair, I even watched some parts of MGQ gameplay on Youtube, and read about it's worldbuilding, as said by Aridwolverine, Rance is nowhere near sexual as MGQ. For example, monsters are extremely biased to a sexual side as stated by the MGQ wiki and battles on MGQ have actual sex related options while the own monsters have sex-related attacks. I even read Illias page about how she treats the heroes and the moves she uses when battling against you. This is basically nonexistent during battles on Rance and even the assault option (that only exists on earlier installaments of the series) is not only completely optional, but only works on minor enemies and you even arguably have to lose doing it, as Rance doesn't gain exp from taking a opponent like that. In fact, battles in Rance are fully-fledged battles, people are actively trying to hurt each other through their own skills, so Rance fits really well on this wiki. Rance X have actual lore pages that only exist for explaining you the battle style of the demons you fought, as their backstory and relationships, without any erotic content behind it. I could even post some to you give a look. I can safely say that Rance doesn't only fit this wiki as also there's many interesing aspects and abilities that could be creatively explored on versus matches. Rance is definitely a level 3 when comes to that.

i think rance is level 3 just because of how massive it is and like zero said the H-scenes aren't even close to being the main aspect of the series

Rance is eroge. It should be fine (just as usual, images can't be too NSFW).

Erotic-focused works aren't completely disallowed (An ecchi like To Love Ru, for example, has no sex but has nudity in virtually every chapter).

Playing through games like Rance 7 to check the plot and reading though the recent points, I think the verse should be level 3.

Back